TTY ~ Morrissey returns to England due to his mother's illness

Press release - true-to-you.net
22 October 2012

"Events for this forthcoming week are postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell.

Those who have already purchased tickets for the dates in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Flint and Chicago are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced within the coming days.

The remainder of the US tour will be unaffected, resuming in Minneapolis on Oct 29."

Last edited by a moderator:
I think when Americans use Briticisms we sound ridiculous. Madonna comes to mind. We should speak in our own dialect regardless of who we are speaking about.

"Briticisms" ???? Who taught you that word ? Awful.

Anyone who knows Moz's personal history knows how important his mom is to him. She introduced him to Oscar Wilde and the concept of animal rights. She supported him no matter what he did (and pretty much spoiled him). She's handled all his business affairs since the Smiths and I think still does... And she's damn shrewd. I think Stephen Street once tried to phone Ms Dwyer about her son's outstanding bill for a recording session and she responded, "Haven't you been paid enough already!?"

Its not "Mom" its Mother, Mum, Ma'm (as in jam and NOT ham) or "the old dear" sorry to be so pedantic and annoyingly factual but being British it is important to stop these American-isms. There is nothing worse than the last letter of the alphabet being sounded as "Zee" Arrrrrrggghhhhhhh its Zed.

How does the Alphabet Song work in British English? The last letter doesn't rhyme. "vee" has to rhyme with "zee." How else do you learn your ABCs over there?

To the 'anonymous' poster - it IS his Mum. They are a lovely family and hopefully she will pull through. No artist cancels gigs without good reason.

I'm sorry "butthurt"? ? ? ?

Yes "butthurt" it means offended inordinately by something trivial.

Its very important to hang on to our Britishness some of us are sick to death of hearing your American-isms in our great country things like
"Way-ter-go , candy, motel, drive-in, hamburger, high-five, high-school, prom night ,kindergarten,diaper, mom, mommy,trunk,sidewalk

Horrible to hear these in the English language.

So in America we should help you hang on to your Britishness too by pronouncing words the way you would like them pronounced?

I watch Doctor Who cuz the monsters are cool; the actors all sound like they have mouths full of shit.

Sorry...shite.

I heard his Mother is not really that ill - not enough to warrant a return to England, but rather ticket sales were soft for these shows. I think they made a mistake booking a place as large as the Chicago Theatre. Should have done the Vic Theatre.

Yes "butthurt" it means offended inordinately by something trivial.

So in America we should help you hang on to your Britishness too by pronouncing words the way you would like them pronounced?

I watch Doctor Who cuz the monsters are cool; the actors all sound like they have mouths full of shit.

Sorry...shite.

"Cuz"??? Clarification on this one please !

A lifelong fan wishes Moz and his mum well; grew up on your music and am heading into Chicago this weekend; so sorry to hear your news and hope that we can make the rescheduled show
Keep making enlightening wonderful noises

I heard his Mother is not really that ill - not enough to warrant a return to England, but rather ticket sales were soft for these shows. I think they made a mistake booking a place as large as the Chicago Theatre. Should have done the Vic Theatre.

She is that ill. Don't be so ignorant. I bet you would take time off work to be with your loved one(s) if the hospital advised you to. Just because he is in the profession that he is in does not mean that he shouldn't take time off to be closer to his mother when she is acutely unwell.

Its very important to hang on to our Britishness some of us are sick to death of hearing your American-isms in our great country things like
"Way-ter-go , candy, motel, drive-in, hamburger, high-five, high-school, prom night ,kindergarten,diaper, mom, mommy,trunk,sidewalk

Horrible to hear these in the English language.

one thing you can afford to lose is pronouncing any word that ends with an "-A" as "-ER" (like "Obama" becomes "Obamer", "Libya" becomes "Libbyer"). You have to be the only dialect in the entire world that can take the soft "a" sound, the most beautiful linguistic sound known to man and make it sound annoying.

Uh huh, and also take the hit and hassle on cancelling the reserved rooms, caterer, cars, venue, and a million other reserved and scheduled things. That would be a nightmare to get your money back, even if you could with some of them. Use your common sense and stop playing devil's advocate. Honestly, and those of you who are complaining about America vs England, could you please go somewhere else? This isn't the place for that. I say, "get well soon" to Morrissey's mother and if people can't understand why he postponed, well, I feel sorry for you. I'm disappointed too, very much so, but there are things more important that a concert in life.

Last edited by a moderator:
one thing you can afford to lose is pronouncing any word that ends with an "-A" as "-ER" (like "Obama" becomes "Obamer", "Libya" becomes "Libbyer"). You have to be the only dialect in the entire world that can take the soft "a" sound, the most beautiful linguistic sound known to man and make it sound annoying.

Please tell me this post is a joke.

I'm from New York, there are all sorts of bad/plain/good accents in this state.

I have Never, Ever heard anyone say Obamer or Libbyer. It just doesn't happen. It's a creation of elitist snobs (yeah, YOU).

This is ridiculous and just trying to perpetuate a stereotype.

If your post was about dropping "R's" I would say yes, I agree that does happen.

I hate this site now, to many damn complainers. Complain about the set list, complain about how other fans dance, sit or just stand (and enjoy in their own way). No wonder Moz has issues w Morrissey-Solo. I understand yes it sucks he has postponed these shows due to moms health issues, yes the current set list isn't the greatest but deal w it or move on, and last WHO FREAKING CARES HOW OTHERS ENJOY THE SHOW, they are there for the same reason.... To enjoy Moz

agree, i hope moz moms get well soon

I too had a similar situation this year, thankfully mum has recovered though not without more medication for the rest of her life. It's one of the most frightening situations to be in. I do hope that it's nothing too severe. I wish her a smooth and speedy recovery.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom