TTY ~ Morrissey returns to England due to his mother's illness

Press release - true-to-you.net
22 October 2012

"Events for this forthcoming week are postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell.

Those who have already purchased tickets for the dates in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Flint and Chicago are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced within the coming days.

The remainder of the US tour will be unaffected, resuming in Minneapolis on Oct 29."

Last edited by a moderator:
I was going to get upset, but I really couldn't. If his mother is ill then he must be by her side. I just hope he does reschedule. I was so excited for his return to Pittsburgh that I could barely sleep. I hope his mother recovers. Losing a parent at any age is not easy.

Hang on a minute that last sentence? You should be very careful

Best to Morrissey's mother, Morrissey, and the family as a whole.

Why is it always Morrissey who cancels due to problems, hardly ever other artists or his band mates. Maybe his mom is ill, maybe not. Let's
face it, this is the man quoted once as saying "I lie alot, I find it can be very useful". One never knows what to believe at this point.,

The tour is resuming on the 29th, which hopefully means that it's nothing too serious. Perhaps it's Morrissey's hope that his mother will be on the road to recovery by then. Hopefully that's the case.

As always our thoughts are with you Morrissey. X

Last edited:
Why is it always Morrissey who cancels due to problems, hardly ever other artists or his band mates. Maybe his mom is ill, maybe not. Let's
face it, this is the man quoted once as saying "I lie alot, I find it can be very useful". One never knows what to believe at this point.,

you should be banned from this site for that post

I hope everything will be ok. Love to you and your family, Moz!

Plenty of cases of other artists cancelling/postponing for similar reasons. So go and hang yourself, you sad troll.

f*** anyone who has anything negative to say when it comes to an event like this.
If you're here to complaint about your show being postponed, f*** you!!
Lol, in all seriousness, I hope all's well for Morrissey and his mother.

Yes, interesting indeed. It's crappy to question him because it's his mum, but he's done these things so often that you have to wonder. Let's make a list--- throat, sniffles, bad back, lightening, ear ache, bum knee, hives, sniffles, meat being served in the venue, bottle to head, sniffles, and now his sick mother.
Let my pummeling begin clever posters.....

What a sad deal. I was going with my 21 yr. old daughter here in Columbus. We're both HUGE fans. I know I shouldn't be thinking of myself at a time like this. My prayers and thoughts for the family.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom