TTY ~ Morrissey returns to England due to his mother's illness

Press release - true-to-you.net
22 October 2012

"Events for this forthcoming week are postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell.

Those who have already purchased tickets for the dates in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Flint and Chicago are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced within the coming days.

The remainder of the US tour will be unaffected, resuming in Minneapolis on Oct 29."

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly you lot stop talking through your starfish !! You know jack-shit. You talk like a bunch of old women ! Put a sock in it and lets be hearing no more of this clap-trap. We know nothing other than he's having a break for PERSONAL reasons. We shall keep a stiff upper lip in Blighty.
Hav'nt you lot got some pumpkins to go hollow or door knocking for candy canes.

A-hahahaha...Yoooou slaaaay meee...hahahahaha!

FACT: Anyone who knows anything at all about Morrissey knows he's very, very close to his mother. It is written that he is in England because his mother is in the hospital. Why would he make that up?

Pumpkins to hollow - yes. Candy Canes go with Christmas. Get yer Holidays straight.

Someone said you don't call candy candy in England? :squiffy: What is it? Sweets?

Toffee,rock,sweets and some yorkshire people call it spice, heavens knows why

In America "sweets" is drug jargon for muy loco drogas.

I used to go to this candy shop called Flaherty's Corner, it was attached to a gas station on the side of highway 101, the closest place I could bike to as a kid. He was an old Irish man. Bought my Garbage Pail kids there. :p Now that I think of it, I think it was a "sweet shop".

This thread is digressing, lets get back to positive vibes for Morrissey and his family. Illness is stressville.

I used to go to this candy shop called Flaherty's Corner, it was attached to a gas station on the side of highway 101, the closest place I could bike to as a kid. He was an old Irish man. Bought my Garbage Pail kids there. :p Now that I think of it, I think it was a "sweet shop".

This thread is digressing, lets get back to positive vibes for Morrissey and his family. Illness is stressville.

My favourite sweets are Kola Kubes.

...For 55 years, My Dad used to run a "Sweet Shop"in Liverpool (UK), which sold Confectionery that was popular with children in the UK. It was NEVER called a "Candy Store" by any child that ever shopped, or looked longingly at the treats on sale there, ever, ever ...EVER...It was a SWEET SHOP. Get It ? Got It? Good....(As Julie Goodyear might say... )... Now, git back to yo' Americanismisms along wit' yo' 50 cent Dude Bro homies on da Wes' coas' or da muvvafuggin Eas' side ...cheers. I hope you are coping ok with ths (Latest) disruption to your plans, Morrissey,and please get well soon Mrs. Dwyer...

Last edited:
I liked 4oz of Rhubarb n Custards or Pineapple chunks, in paper bags.
Then, when i was older, i swapped them for 10 No. 6 and a pack of polos

Forget the Marathon/Snickers debate, can anyone remember Opal Mints morphing into Pacers? Crazy times.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Morrissey's mum.

Reading through this thread I can't help but think... 'please, ban anonymous posts'. The thread started well with mainly positive respectful comments, but then descended into drivel, bottom of the barrel stuff, no wonder Morrissey calls the site So Low.

Dave

Tutti fruities! but what was the mint version called ? Some white some green. (Opal mints?)

"Oh you ran back to Ma" or was it "Oh you ran back to Marr"

Thats one to think about mmmmm!!!!!

Oh I do hope she's in fine health and its all a cover for (dare I say it?) You know what???

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom