TTY ~ Morrissey returns to England due to his mother's illness

Press release - true-to-you.net
22 October 2012

"Events for this forthcoming week are postponed - but not cancelled - as Morrissey has returned to England where his mother has been hospitalized and is unwell.

Those who have already purchased tickets for the dates in Pittsburgh, Columbus, Flint and Chicago are encouraged to hold on to their tickets and look out for the rescheduled dates. The new dates will be announced within the coming days.

The remainder of the US tour will be unaffected, resuming in Minneapolis on Oct 29."

Last edited by a moderator:
Its very important to hang on to our Britishness some of us are sick to death of hearing your American-isms in our great country things like
"Way-ter-go , candy, motel, drive-in, hamburger, high-five, high-school, prom night ,kindergarten,diaper, mom, mommy,trunk,sidewalk

Horrible to hear these in the English language.

Then don't use them. Nobody's forcing England to adopt Americanisms. We can't be blamed for the way your countrymen choose to speak.

Have a nice day oh and by the way happy holidays, check ya later!!!

Poor poor Moz :( My thoughts are with him and his family. Get well soon! x

Hopefully Morrissey's mother will get better, in the mean time I will be eating Montgomery Inn Ribs until the Columbus & Chicago dates are rescheduled.

The British can pronounce a soft "a," just never where it's supposed to be. For example, "America" becomes "Americ-er" yet "water" is pronounced "wat-uh."

Hopefully Morrissey's mother will get better, in the mean time I will be eating Montgomery Inn Ribs until the Columbus & Chicago dates are rescheduled.

I'll second that one, I'm having a big a fcuk off mixed grill with Barnsley chops, t-bones and all the trimmings

It should be noted that the post from "JMM" from yesterday is obviously a joke and in poor taste at that. "JMM" are Johnny Marr's initials.

Its very important to hang on to our Britishness some of us are sick to death of hearing your American-isms in our great country things like
"Way-ter-go , candy, motel, drive-in, hamburger, high-five, high-school, prom night ,kindergarten,diaper, mom, mommy,trunk,sidewalk

Horrible to hear these in the English language.

chill

Anyone who knows Moz's personal history knows how important his mom is to him. She introduced him to Oscar Wilde and the concept of animal rights. She supported him no matter what he did (and pretty much spoiled him). She's handled all his business affairs since the Smiths and I think still does... And she's damn shrewd. I think Stephen Street once tried to phone Ms Dwyer about her son's outstanding bill for a recording session and she responded, "Haven't you been paid enough already!?"

Everything stated here is absolutely correct. If Morrissey has a best friend and confidant it is his Mother beyond anyone else. I suspect the second person would be Linder. If a "fan" is upset because their show has been cancelled due to his Mum's illness, or think he would even make up such a thing to get out of playing a couple of shows, they have no idea who Morrissey is or what he is all about...

JMM thanks for the post can you tell us anymore (poor sales/venues etc) thankyou.

Or even better.. provide proof?

Anecdotes and hearsay mean nothing.

Everything stated here is absolutely correct. If Morrissey has a best friend and confidant it is his Mother beyond anyone else. I suspect the second person would be Linder. If a "fan" is upset because their show has been cancelled due to his Mum's illness, or think he would even make up such a thing to get out of playing a couple of shows, they have no idea who Morrissey is or what he is all about...

Honestly you lot stop talking through your starfish !! You know jack-shit. You talk like a bunch of old women ! Put a sock in it and lets be hearing no more of this clap-trap. We know nothing other than he's having a break for PERSONAL reasons. We shall keep a stiff upper lip in Blighty.
Hav'nt you lot got some pumpkins to go hollow or door knocking for candy canes.

The post you quoted was very obviously directed at the British users complaining about "Americanisms"...

No it wasn't.

It was a sanctimonious post by Mrs. Phyllis Torgo and targeted at Americans.

It was an elitist/arrogant snob trying to take a cheap-shot at the Americans who visit this forum.

She could not have been more wrong in her ridiculous/uninformed post.

Back
Top Bottom