TTY: Morrissey planning a January-February 2016 concert tour of the Middle East

Morrissey for the Middle East - true-to-you.net
1 August 2015

Morrissey is planning a January-February concert tour of the Middle East.

"It's a dream long overdue," commented Morrissey.

photograph of Morrissey at Madison Square Garden 2015 copyright Brooklyn Vegan, used here with much love and respect

morrissey_at_madison_square_garden_2015.jpg

The ways things are going he'll probably play in your mammy's backyard if you want him to. What is going on here??

the situation has a eerily ``i know its over still i cling`` vibe to it. Maybe he decided touring is what he is going to do for the rest of his life. A new love for it.

Edit: re-read the anon quote. What's wrong with the Middle East it's a country like anyone else. I was referring to why he tours that much it can't be a money thing. He has spent long period doing nothing. Remember before the 2004 comeback

Last edited by a moderator:
What is wrong with people around here? There are more than 20 countries in the world. You sound as if these countries and the people there are somehow not so much worth.

the situation has a eerily ``i know its over still i cling`` vibe to it. Maybe he decided touring is what he is going to do for the rest of his life. A new love for it.

Edit: re-read the anon quote. What's wrong with the Middle East it's a country like anyone else. I was referring to why he tours that much it can't be a money thing. He has spent long period doing nothing. Remember before the 2004 comeback

What else is he going to do? He doesn't have a record contract, he's finished his novel, and he likes it to be known that he's doing something. And it's mostly a money thing, because again, aside from the novel (the release of which hasn't been announced) and any regular royalties he receives, there's no income from a new product. He toured a good bit during 'the wilderness years' before 2004.

the only way he can make decent money touring tiny venues is to tour constantly.

The problem with some users on this site is you complain regardless of what happens. Complain if he doesn't tour, complain if he does. Complain that he picks off-the-beaten-track countries. Well you don't hear me complaining about him skipping Ireland! The bastard. :mad:

Where are these concerts likely to be, based on (recent?) history. Straight away Im thinking Turkey and Israel but any chance of Dubai etc?

Does Morrissey know what they do to men like him in the Middle East? They will do way more than rustle his jimmies.

Does Morrissey know what they do to men like him in the Middle East? They will do way more than rustle his jimmies.

well if they ask him, he will say that he is humasexual and they will look as confused as we were when we first heard about it and let him off the hook. I Think its a fine line but humasexuals are allowed, Morrissey can confine himself only the female part of humasexuality for his tour and i doubt he will be holding a Concert in the ISIS occupied areas. :lbf:

Last edited by a moderator:
he will stay in areas reserved for humasexual westerners, where the vodka cocktails flow pleasant and free.
however if he gets pawed on the way out of dubai, saudi arabia etc, im sure hell find it a pleasant experience and refrain from calling management.
management there wear babushkas and carry rifles.

well if they ask him, he will say that he is humasexual and they will look as confused as we were when we first heard about it and let him off the hook.

More like on the hook of a crane over the street. Thats what they do over there. It's not just ISIS or the so called "minority terrorists". It's the religious extremists that are literally everywhere and control the government.

This is so much bull ox. If anything he would play Israel and then some safe Arab country like Saudi Arabia or Dubai so Nancy can go shopping.

Muhammad was the first of the gang..........

Anonymous-

If I was him, I'd want to see what the key opened....

What's wrong with the Middle East it's a country like anyone else.

Well, if we are being picky, it's more of a region unlike any other, where a significant number of the inhabitants will cheerfully cut off their neighbours' heads for wrapping their headdress anti-clockwise. Imagine the Little-Endians and the Big-Endians but with AK47s.

I'm sure Morrissey's warm words of reconciliation and understanding will help enormously. That is if, as someone who has an Israeli stamp in his passport and the freedom of Tel-Aviv he can get in anywhere in the Middle East.

I suggest we all now wander calmly down to our nearest army surplus store and buy a tin hat, because Morrissey could start an argument in a phone box. The man with the world's greatest victim mentality meets the region with the world's greatest victim mentality. What could possibly go wrong?

The home office regularly releases information to alert people to get the hell out of wherever... Especially in politically volatile times.
Lets hope his 'management' at least make a tiny effort to check beforehand. Much like checking the spare tyre is inflated or they have some diarrhea medicine on the freshly fueled tour bus ;)
FWD
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice

Depends what he assumes is the Middle East but I would be very wary. However, according to this map Turkey is deemed to be part of the Middle East and I had a weekend in Istanbul last year and felt safe.
http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/me.htm

Turkey seems on the edge of falling apart at the moment too. There's talk of a return to civil war in the news just today.

Of the others:

Bahrain - maybe.
Cyprus - quite possible.
Egypt - perhaps best not.
Iran - can't see the religious police liking it.
Iraq - perhaps best not.
Israel - not if he tours any of the others.
Jordan - maybe.
Kuwait - maybe.
Lebanon - perhaps best not.
Oman - maybe.
Palestine - perhaps best not. (I believe Gaza has an open air theatre: operating theatre.)
Qatar - maybe. He can whip his stage crew there.
Saudi Arabia - can't see the religious police liking it.
Syria - perhaps best not.
United Arab Emirates - maybe.
Yemen - perhaps best not.

Three nights in Dubai starts favourite.

Morrissey himself will be fine, protected by his security and 5 star hotels - but it will be interesting to see some of the trust fund regulars queuing in Bagdad etc. Orange jumpsuits all round, I think.

Turkey seems on the edge of falling apart at the moment too. There's talk of a return to civil war in the news just today.

Of the others:

Bahrain - maybe.
Cyprus - quite possible.
Egypt - perhaps best not.
Iran - can't see the religious police liking it.
Iraq - perhaps best not.
Israel - not if he tours any of the others.
Jordan - maybe.
Kuwait - maybe.
Lebanon - perhaps best not.
Oman - maybe.
Palestine - perhaps best not. (I believe Gaza has an open air theatre: operating theatre.)
Qatar - maybe. He can whip his stage crew there.
Saudi Arabia - can't see the religious police liking it.
Syria - perhaps best not.
United Arab Emirates - maybe.
Yemen - perhaps best not.

Three nights in Dubai starts favourite.

To be honest Johnny, the only places i would go to (or perform) on that list are Cyprus and Dubai and in that order. Whilst people on the site comment about his death and all that, i would prefer it to be by natural causes rather than something extreme. Saying that, he may be happy to go in a blaze of publicity - who knows?

Back
Top Bottom