TTY: Morrissey Mayor of London?

Morrissey: Mayor of London? - true-to-you.net
4 March 2016

Morrissey has been invited to become the London Mayoral candidate for the Animal Welfare Party in the upcoming 2016 election. Morrissey would require 330 signatures of support in order to enter the race, and is considering the contest very seriously.

Morrissey has commented:

"Animal welfare groups cannot persist simply in order to continue to persist. There must be a governmental voice against the hellish and archaic social injustice allotted to animals in the United Kingdom simply because those animals do not speak English, otherwise millions of very caring citizens are greatly concerned about issues that no one is able to do anything about. What animal protectionists need to say is very well worth saying and well worth hearing. But we cannot just sit around waiting for establishment enlightenment. The sanctimonious disaster of animal agriculture cannot be allowed to go on forever, because its widespread impact is hellish. Animals in dairy farms and abattoirs are very eager not to die, yet their bodies are torn apart whilst still alive as they are strapped beneath a blade. No outcome can justify this, and we cannot be happy with a society that allows it to happen, because such a society without compassion goes nowhere. The abattoir is the modern continuation of the Nazi concentration camp, and if you are a part of the milk-drinking population, then you condone systems of torture. There is no such thing as humane slaughter, and if you believe that there is, then why not experience it for yourself? If animal serial killer Jamie Oliver feels so passionate about including 'kid meat' (young goat) into the human diet, would he consider putting forth one of his own kids (children) for general consumption? If not, why not? What makes such people have absolutely no forgiveness towards animals? What hate drives them? The meat industry, after all, shows no compassion towards the planet, towards climate change, towards animals, towards human health. It is diabolically contrived and is the world's number one problem. It is also the number one issue stifled from any political debate, which, if anything, highlights its importance. The slaughterhouse effectively means that none of us are safe. Just investigate the appalling effects of meat production on our climate, environment, fields, forests, lakes, streams, seas, air and space. Your eyes will pop. No bigger global disaster could possibly be devised. Social justice for animals is not much to demand, because we are only asking humans to think rationally and with heart, even if being unable to hunt foxes and shoot birds would leave the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family with nothing else to do."

facebook_1456714780448.jpg

Above photograph source unknown. Printed here with respect and thanks.

Media:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, but this analogy wasn’t necessary at all. I mean, vegans need to stop making these dumb comparisons (to the holocaust and to slaves), because it doesn’t help the cause let me tell you. It make vegans look like ignorant and racists

Everyone is ignorant and racist in your sick little world.

I eat meat. Why? Because the animal rights movement is not strong enough. People like me grew up eating meat because that was the societal norm. We have to move beyond single individuals here and reach the collective individuals that comprise a majority in order to make it so that people grow up not eating meat in the first place.

This will take a long time. The angrier and more urgent people get, the better.

Don't lie, tyronepowebottom.

#StopTheAnimalHolocaustNow

Our friend "Powebottom" is apparently too busy stuffing his/her/its arse with meat to worry about savages stuffing their faces with meat.

We live in a world that is indeed topsy-turvy.

Oh dear. That's exactly why nothing has really changed with regards to eating and killing animals worldwide for thousands of years - so your point is null as almost all 'feel like that' - the evidence for that being no real change (in fact the opposite as we have streamlined killing animals fast and efficiently in the last few hundred years if anything).
Go walk in a supermarket and walk down the meat isle or practically any isle and tell everyone your strategy to stop the shelves being stocked. Your wonderful anecdotal sentence about change is not supported by the vast majority of the world. Please tell us when and how this huge change will ever occur??
Regards,
FWD

Whoosh.

There will not be a 'huge change'. That is the whole point.

What there can be is slow, incremental changes and improvements in the treatment of animals as there has been in the past (bans on whaling, hunting, animal circuses etc.).

Whoosh.

There will not be a 'huge change'. That is the whole point.

What there can be is slow, incremental changes and improvements in the treatment of animals as there has been in the past (bans on whaling, hunting, animal circuses etc.).

You will never, ever, ever stop people killing and eating animals. Ever. It will not happen. We all make individual choices. My choice is not to eat meat. Others make different choices for many different reasons. The best we can hope for and campaign for is to give animals a happy and peaceful life, and as swift and painless a death as possible. Supporting an organisation like Compassion in World Farming is a step in the right direction, in my opinion.

Animals also eat animals (and also baby animals). In a better world will they go vegan too?

You will never, ever, ever stop people killing and eating animals. Ever. It will not happen. We all make individual choices. My choice is not to eat meat. Others make different choices for many different reasons. The best we can hope for and campaign for is to give animals a happy and peaceful life, and as swift and painless a death as possible. Supporting an organisation like Compassion in World Farming is a step in the right direction, in my opinion.

That's pretty much what I said I think.

Re: TTY Statement: Morrissey Mayor of London?

Moz has rational views and expresses them. What makes you say his views are "extreme"?

The fact that even on his fan board, we're all homing in on his comments on Nazi's and concentration camps?

Anyway I wasn't talking about my own personal feelings about Morrissey's comments. I will 100% support Morrissey in this. I've always admired his love and attitude to animals, and as I stated earlier, I wish him the best.

Thanks for speaking up on behalf of the animals who cannot speak for themselves, Morrissey.

The last two topics posted, are examples of my issues with Morrissey.

The pictures in the pub are great, just a relatively well known singer enjoying himself, posing for a few pictures with people who will no doubt be saying "you won't believe who I met last night"

Then you get this mayor shit and his statement. Yes, the way animals are grown and killed is shocking and we are all probably are aware of that but comparing it to a nazi concentration camp?

Sorry, I agree with Moz on the comparison. And I am German and my grandfather fought in the Second World War. Before the war he was, at best, indifferent towards animals. That changed radically. He would always say to me how Jews and other minoroties were treated like animals and how not one single creature on this planet deserves such a treatment.

images

This is quite possibly the sanest and most sensible thing you have ever written. Actually, it is quite probably the ONLY sane and sensible thing.

Danni Buoy

" Tosserrey has been invited to become the London Mayoral candidate for the Animal Welfare Party in the upcoming 2016 election. Tosserrey would require 330 signatures of support in order to enter the race, and is considering the contest very seriously."

That's all it needed to say regarding the matter at hand. The message has been put across !
Then we get the full on CrankFraud opportunist stealing a living off the back of animal suffering by sitting on his idle arse typing hogwash/guff in Dublin 5* hotels whilst being pandered to by his ' P A ' Diesel Damon.
" Considering the contest seriously " My arse !
" Steven ! Behind you ! Run quickly it's those old hillbillies the Duck Dynasty " ROFL.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I am a vegetarian and volunteer at an animal shelter but anyone who thinks that these holocaust comparisons are in any way OK can f*** off.

Grown up Anonymous .. most of us meat eaters understand the comparisons of the animal industry to Nazi concentration camps. . I suppose you are one of the 'I'm vegetarian up to a point' brigade who turn a blind eye on occasional meat product, so
long as doesn't look like a dead animal.

Sorry, I agree with Moz on the comparison. And I am German and my grandfather fought in the Second World War. Before the war he was, at best, indifferent towards animals. That changed radically. He would always say to me how Jews and other minoroties were treated like animals and how not one single creature on this planet deserves such a treatment.

images

You are clearly someone who doesn’t get it.

Yes, no human deserves the fate of an “animal” on the basis of them being of a different nationality / race / faith / sexual orientation.

But that’s not what he said. He turned it around and said that no animal deserves the fate of the Jew. Which is completely unacceptable.

Humans sometimes need to kill animals because humans need to eat.

Humans don’t need to kill Jews (because they dislike them).

Christ.

Grown up Anonymous .. most of us meat eaters understand the comparisons of the animal industry to Nazi concentration camps. . I suppose you are one of the 'I'm vegetarian up to a point' brigade who turn a blind eye on occasional meat product, so
long as doesn't look like a dead animal.

Is there a point to this or are you just bored?

i have absolutely no problem whatsoever with the holocaust remarks. personally i do believe in the inviolable sanctity of human life above that of animal life, despite most human life being degenerate scum. to be honest, i value art and culture more than anything animals have ever given me. no animal that came out of a slaughterhouse wrote "mans search for meaning".

but the comparison seems to me to be a fair one. on a purely physical level the slaughterhouses are far, FAR worse than nazi concentration camps ever were. did you know that there were moments of happiness and peace and camaraderie in amongst the daily tortures of concentration camp life? moments when something as simple as a sunset was viewed in all it's startling beauty, as though it was the first time human eyes had ever seen a sunset. the fact is, human beings have an amazing capacity to get used to, and find equanimity in, unhuman conditions. and viktor frankl in his incredible book even points out that after the war when people were viewing the photos of the camp inmates and making piteous comments about how awful it was, that they needn't do so, since it was possible that the inmates at that moment were quite happy. i am sure however that the animals in slaughterhouses never have a moment of peace or happiness or appreciation for nature in the conditions in which they live.

the real tortures of the concentration camp were to do with not the physical, but the mental stresses placed on the inmate: the horror of the selections, not knowing what became of ones family members in the other camps, the strange torture of the unique way time seemed to pass. the question is do animals face these same mental stresses? when they see their fellow animals die before their eyes can they comprehend what is happening and that the same will be done to them? if so, then yes, there is no difference between the slaughterhouse and the concentration camp. and the fact of the inviolable sancity of human life, something that i endorse, becomes a moot point because as morrissey has said "the life of every animal is just as important to that animal as your life is to you." im sure the animals wouldnt make any distinction between their suffering and the suffering of humans, so what right do we have to make that distinction? is not all suffering flesh the same?

Animals have no comprehension of "happiness", "camaraderie", "the horror of the selections", "a beautiful sunset" and whatever else you are on about. These are human attributes. This comparison falls completely flat.

Look at the picture of the cat - such a cute carnivore! With lovely teeth to .... eat grass??

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom