TTY: Morrissey Mayor of London?

Morrissey: Mayor of London? - true-to-you.net
4 March 2016

Morrissey has been invited to become the London Mayoral candidate for the Animal Welfare Party in the upcoming 2016 election. Morrissey would require 330 signatures of support in order to enter the race, and is considering the contest very seriously.

Morrissey has commented:

"Animal welfare groups cannot persist simply in order to continue to persist. There must be a governmental voice against the hellish and archaic social injustice allotted to animals in the United Kingdom simply because those animals do not speak English, otherwise millions of very caring citizens are greatly concerned about issues that no one is able to do anything about. What animal protectionists need to say is very well worth saying and well worth hearing. But we cannot just sit around waiting for establishment enlightenment. The sanctimonious disaster of animal agriculture cannot be allowed to go on forever, because its widespread impact is hellish. Animals in dairy farms and abattoirs are very eager not to die, yet their bodies are torn apart whilst still alive as they are strapped beneath a blade. No outcome can justify this, and we cannot be happy with a society that allows it to happen, because such a society without compassion goes nowhere. The abattoir is the modern continuation of the Nazi concentration camp, and if you are a part of the milk-drinking population, then you condone systems of torture. There is no such thing as humane slaughter, and if you believe that there is, then why not experience it for yourself? If animal serial killer Jamie Oliver feels so passionate about including 'kid meat' (young goat) into the human diet, would he consider putting forth one of his own kids (children) for general consumption? If not, why not? What makes such people have absolutely no forgiveness towards animals? What hate drives them? The meat industry, after all, shows no compassion towards the planet, towards climate change, towards animals, towards human health. It is diabolically contrived and is the world's number one problem. It is also the number one issue stifled from any political debate, which, if anything, highlights its importance. The slaughterhouse effectively means that none of us are safe. Just investigate the appalling effects of meat production on our climate, environment, fields, forests, lakes, streams, seas, air and space. Your eyes will pop. No bigger global disaster could possibly be devised. Social justice for animals is not much to demand, because we are only asking humans to think rationally and with heart, even if being unable to hunt foxes and shoot birds would leave the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family with nothing else to do."

facebook_1456714780448.jpg

Above photograph source unknown. Printed here with respect and thanks.

Media:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TTY Statement: Morrissey Mayor of London?

Morrissey has been invited to become the London Mayoral candidate for the Animal Welfare Party in the upcoming 2016 election. Morrissey would require 330 signatures of support in order to enter the race, and is considering the contest very seriously.

Full story at TTY:
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_160304_01

Riiiiigghhhhtt.........

"Morrissey has commented:

"Animal welfare groups cannot persist simply in order to continue to persist. There must be a governmental voice against the hellish and archaic social injustice allotted to animals in the United Kingdom simply because those animals do not speak English, otherwise millions of very caring citizens are greatly concerned about issues that no one is able to do anything about. What animal protectionists need to say is very well worth saying and well worth hearing. But we cannot just sit around waiting for establishment enlightenment. The sanctimonious disaster of animal agriculture cannot be allowed to go on forever, because its widespread impact is hellish. Animals in dairy farms and abattoirs are very eager not to die, yet their bodies are torn apart whilst still alive as they are strapped beneath a blade. No outcome can justify this, and we cannot be happy with a society that allows it to happen, because such a society without compassion goes nowhere. The abattoir is the modern continuation of the Nazi concentration camp, and if you are a part of the milk-drinking population, then you condone systems of torture. There is no such thing as humane slaughter, and if you believe that there is, then why not experience it for yourself? If animal serial killer Jamie Oliver feels so passionate about including 'kid meat' (young goat) into the human diet, would he consider putting forth one of his own kids (children) for general consumption? If not, why not? What makes such people have absolutely no forgiveness towards animals? What hate drives them? The meat industry, after all, shows no compassion towards the planet, towards climate change, towards animals, towards human health. It is diabolically contrived and is the world's number one problem. It is also the number one issue stifled from any political debate, which, if anything, highlights its importance. The slaughterhouse effectively means that none of us are safe. Just investigate the appalling effects of meat production on our climate, environment, fields, forests, lakes, streams, seas, air and space. Your eyes will pop. No bigger global disaster could possibly be devised. Social justice for animals is not much to demand, because we are only asking humans to think rationally and with heart, even if being unable to hunt foxes and shoot birds would leave the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family with nothing else to do."

a) Yes, it's been said before. On the whole I agree with the way that meat gets to a plate is a disgrace.
b) Oh look, a shoehorned reference to the royals, for some reason.
c) He can f*** right off with the Nazi reference.
d) 'The number one issue stifled from any political debate' - Jesus H Christ.....
e) So I wonder if he regrets eating that cheese sandwich in the interview when he had a flunky salt his chips?

Last edited:

I hope he gets the signatures he needs for the role, IF he wants them. Say what you want about Morrissey, his obvious love and passion for animal rights means the world to him - and rightly so. If he can find a new platform to express these views and take action, I wish him the best.

My only personal concern is that he does have extreme views (on Royals, Nazi comments etc) and I fear controversies like this will overshadow his valid points on animal welfare.

Either way, I respect his attitude to animals and wish him well.

Riiiiigghhhhtt.........

a) Yes, it's been said before. On the whole I agree with the way that meat gets to a plate is a disgrace.
d) 'The number one issue stifled from any political debate' - Jesus H Christ.....
e) So I wonder if he regrets eating that cheese sandwich in the interview when he had a flunky salt his chips?

What is your f***ing problem? Let him be. Thought you have enough to do with endlessly and obsessively railing against UKIP. Apparently not.

Riiiiigghhhhtt.........

f) You seem cool.

We're all animals, Peter. Humans shouldn't be given preferential treatment only because we have managed to communicate effectively in recent centuries. Well, some of us anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

What is your f***ing problem? Let him be. Thought you have enough to do with endlessly and obsessively railing against UKIP. Apparently not.

Go f*** yourself, Mozbot. In your cloistered world he can say what the f*** he likes and never be pulled up on any of it. The very fact that someone does and it riles you says more about you than anyone pointing out the foibles.

- - - Updated - - -

We're all animals, Peter. Humans shouldn't be given preferential treatment only because in recent centuries we have managed to communicate effectively. Well, some of us anyway.

Horseshit. Go look up Godwin's law.

I hope he gets the signatures he needs for the role, IF he wants them. Say what you want about Morrissey, his obvious love and passion for animal rights means the world to him - and rightly so. If he can find a new platform to express these views and take action, I wish him the best.

My only personal concern is that he does have extreme views (on Royals, Nazi comments etc) and I fear controversies like this will overshadow his valid points on animal welfare.

Either way, I respect his attitude to animals and wish him well.

He makes his money off the back of animals they don't charge and he gets his name in print. Despicable man. 100% denounce him ad infinitum.

Let me nip this shit in the bud people !

Silly Steven Tosserrey will never be the Mayor of London because it requires effort !

Steve's just a lazy twunt once again using animals for a bit of publicity.
Let's all sign and get him the 330 signatures to prove it.
Remember when he offered his services for the Eurovision Song Contest only to duck out ?
Talking of ducks ! Remember when he hoisted the white flag and did a 4kin runner with his animal rights thoughts when faced with going head to head with two old hillbillies called the Duck Dynasty ? He 4kin bottled it ! Salfords disgrace and shame he should be publicly tarred and feathered on the Town hall steps of Salford.
Honestly if you want an animal friendly Mayor of London who doesn't mind getting off his arse to put the hours in you'd be better off getting Brian May to put his name forward.

VOTE FOR TOSSERREY NOW PEOPLE ! (And prove me right ! Ha ha ha ha ha ha LMFAO)

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I think he'd be fantastic in this role and also I love that photograph.

577035100_1558320.gif

THE SECOND COMING
by WB Yeats

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.

Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: somewhere in sands of the desert
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Reel shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again; but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

I AM THE LIZARD KING

I am a vegetarian and volunteer at an animal shelter but anyone who thinks that these holocaust comparisons are in any way OK can f*** off.

Let me nip this shit in the bud people !

Silly Steven Tosserrey will never be the Mayor of London because it requires effort !

Steve's just a lazy twunt once again using animals for a bit of publicity.
Let's all sign and get him the 330 signatures to prove it.
Remember when he offered his services for the Eurovision Song Contest only to duck out ?
Talking of ducks ! Remember when he hoisted the white flag and did a 4kin runner with his animal rights thoughts when faced with going head to head with two old hillbillies called the Duck Dynasty ? He 4kin bottled it ! Salfords disgrace and shame he should be publicly tarred and feathered on the Town hall steps of Salford.
Honestly if you want an animal friendly Mayor of London who doesn't mind getting off his arse to put the hours in you'd be better off getting Brian May to put his name forward.

VOTE FOR TOSSERREY NOW PEOPLE ! (And prove me right ! Ha ha ha ha ha ha LMFAO)

Benny-the-British-Butcher

The last two topics posted, are examples of my issues with Morrissey.

The pictures in the pub are great, just a relatively well known singer enjoying himself, posing for a few pictures with people who will no doubt be saying "you won't believe who I met last night"

Then you get this mayor shit and his statement. Yes, the way animals are grown and killed is shocking and we are all probably are aware of that but comparing it to a nazi concentration camp?

I don't drink, but if Morrissey started pulling pints in my local, I'd gladly develop a drinking problem.

I am a vegetarian and volunteer at an animal shelter but anyone who thinks that these holocaust comparisons are in any way OK can f*** off.

No, there is no comparison because slaughterhouses kill billions of animals. Humans are just another animal that want to live too. What makes you better than them? This is the best thing Morrissey has EVER written.

EXACTLY!! Always amongst the first to post when there's some criticising to be done. Sad, really.

I don't drink, but if Morrissey started pulling pints in my local, I'd gladly develop a drinking problem.

The pathetic thing is, so would Uncle Skinny.
Well, if he wasn't barred...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom