TTY: Morrissey Mayor of London?

Morrissey: Mayor of London? - true-to-you.net
4 March 2016

Morrissey has been invited to become the London Mayoral candidate for the Animal Welfare Party in the upcoming 2016 election. Morrissey would require 330 signatures of support in order to enter the race, and is considering the contest very seriously.

Morrissey has commented:

"Animal welfare groups cannot persist simply in order to continue to persist. There must be a governmental voice against the hellish and archaic social injustice allotted to animals in the United Kingdom simply because those animals do not speak English, otherwise millions of very caring citizens are greatly concerned about issues that no one is able to do anything about. What animal protectionists need to say is very well worth saying and well worth hearing. But we cannot just sit around waiting for establishment enlightenment. The sanctimonious disaster of animal agriculture cannot be allowed to go on forever, because its widespread impact is hellish. Animals in dairy farms and abattoirs are very eager not to die, yet their bodies are torn apart whilst still alive as they are strapped beneath a blade. No outcome can justify this, and we cannot be happy with a society that allows it to happen, because such a society without compassion goes nowhere. The abattoir is the modern continuation of the Nazi concentration camp, and if you are a part of the milk-drinking population, then you condone systems of torture. There is no such thing as humane slaughter, and if you believe that there is, then why not experience it for yourself? If animal serial killer Jamie Oliver feels so passionate about including 'kid meat' (young goat) into the human diet, would he consider putting forth one of his own kids (children) for general consumption? If not, why not? What makes such people have absolutely no forgiveness towards animals? What hate drives them? The meat industry, after all, shows no compassion towards the planet, towards climate change, towards animals, towards human health. It is diabolically contrived and is the world's number one problem. It is also the number one issue stifled from any political debate, which, if anything, highlights its importance. The slaughterhouse effectively means that none of us are safe. Just investigate the appalling effects of meat production on our climate, environment, fields, forests, lakes, streams, seas, air and space. Your eyes will pop. No bigger global disaster could possibly be devised. Social justice for animals is not much to demand, because we are only asking humans to think rationally and with heart, even if being unable to hunt foxes and shoot birds would leave the Saxe-Coburg-Gotha family with nothing else to do."

facebook_1456714780448.jpg

Above photograph source unknown. Printed here with respect and thanks.

Media:

Last edited by a moderator:
I do. I'm related to some of them. Morrissey's comparison is crass and hyperbolic.

It is, but the foundation of the argument is spot on. If you consider it wrong then I question your heart. Does it not make people talk? Are there better ways? Yes, surely, but these beings have no voice. Enough is enough. The time is now.

I ask again; does anyone deserve this treatment? Any one?

"And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly to the past...."

I'm trying. Still. Are you? xx

It is, but the foundation of the argument is spot on. If you consider it wrong then I question your heart. Does it not make people talk? Are there better ways? Yes, surely, but these beings have no voice. Enough is enough. The time is now.

"And so we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly to the past...."

Stop being a wanker. You are saying this because it pains your heart to disagree with the slightest comment by your lord and master. My family lost members in Auschwitz and Birkenau. If you are equating this with a McNugget, you are a c*** and you can f*** right off.

There's no need to compare massacres to declare a winner and give it the prize to human horror behavior. Torture, killings, unjustices, etc., can't be measured and contested from an ethical point of view. They are all wrong no matter what.

It's ok to highlight the likeness of two or more situations to draw attention to an unnecessary cruelty sistematically ignored by people, like animal killing and torture, making a parallelism with similar horrors suffered by humans. Some people need an emotional shock to pay attention to some facts mistakenly taken for granted.

However, if we play the game of utilitarian theories we will end justifying the worst massacres for the best reasons. And I'm sure that is not the idea of the people of this forum, since that's exactly what's happening now in this world with innocent people and animals, and that sucks.

Stop being a wanker. You are saying this because it pains your heart to disagree with the slightest comment by your lord and master. My family lost members in Auschwitz and Birkenau. If you are equating this with a McNugget, you are a c*** and you can f*** right off.

Actually, a McNugget would bother me more than a McSkinny.

Steven ! Please accept the invitation from the Animal Welfare Party to become a candidate for the position of Mayor of London.
What is there to consider ?
We can easily get you the 330 votes you need no problem !
Personally I feel you will bottle it once again and give me more ammunition to hound you for abusing animals for your own career gain.
This is YOUR time Steven Patrick Morrissey ! Time to step up to the plate and prove to all the tossbots that you are a man of action !
We're all waiting CrankFraud !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

hitler was incredibly wrong in his agenda but he was in many ways an ethical person-.

You forgot to mention his impeccable table manners and his girlish laugh.

People are not advanced enough to see that no living being deserves to suffer and so making comparisons like this doesn't help. It's PETA 101, trolling for attention.

The difference is seen to equate people with animals, and even atheists have a problem with that. But the real difference is that animals are tortured and murdered for practical reasons, whereas Hitler killed for ideological reasons.

well because one has to choose ones priorities, duh. personally i'd rather 100 animals die in a slaughterhouse then one person die on death row.

hitler was incredibly wrong in his agenda but he was in many ways an ethical person--every ethics professor and researcher knows this. would you like to discuss it? i ask because i might prove to be *VERY* longwinded and i know how that gets some people in a rather petulant snit around here.

hitler a very ethical person? WTF are you talking about? are you a nazi? he was a raving murderous lunatic.
LOL no we dont want you to discuss it. the good lord only knows what kind of pony youd post.

People are not advanced enough to see that no living being deserves to suffer and so making comparisons like this doesn't help. It's PETA 101, trolling for attention.

The difference is seen to equate people with animals, and even atheists have a problem with that. But the real difference is that animals are tortured and murdered for practical reasons, whereas Hitler killed for ideological reasons.

And what is that supposed to mean?

Ask the animals and see what they say about the comparison of factory farming to a nazi concentration camp. Personally I doubt the animal would see much daylight between the two. Perhaps this is where Morrissey is coming from, the animals point of view. Form the human perspective it seems way out of line. I guess because we as humans aren't farmed and abused on a daily basis to feed another creature.

It's not my comparison but I can see why he makes it. Add to that Morrissey's somewhat justified disdain for human beings it's not a huge leap for him to play this card. I'm not a big fan of the human race either. Morrissey is literally speaking for the animals because they can't. If you see it this way which I'm sure many of you won't, then it's the perfect comparison.

I also don't think we humans are better than animals. The human race is worshipped by humans and is in no way lacking a cheer squad. What exactly makes us better?

Last edited:
Ask the animals and see what they say about the comparison of factory farming to a nazi concentration camp. Personally I doubt the animal would see much daylight between the two. Perhaps this is where Morrissey is coming from, the animals point of view. Form the human perspective it seems way out of line. I guess because we as humans aren't farmed and abused on a daily basis to feed another creature.

It's not my comparison but I can see why he makes it. Add to that Morrissey's somewhat justified disdain for human beings it's not a huge leap for him to play this card. I'm not a big fan of the human race either. Morrissey is literally speaking for the animals because they can't. If you see it this way which I'm sure many of you won't, then it's the perfect comparison.

I also don't think we humans are better than animals. The human race is worshipped by humans and is in no way lacking a cheer squad. What exactly makes us better?

"we as humans aren't farmed and abused on a daily basis to feed another creature" I'm not so sure about this, but I agree with the rest of your words :thumb:

You're right that animals wouldn't see a difference and that he is literally speaking for the animals. It's just that when you're trying to win people over it's a good idea to be a little more diplomatic and recognize that humans naturally value human life more, because we think it could be us. It's much easier to imagine Donald Trump becoming a fascist leader than it is to imagine McDonalds promoting cannibalism. We don't relate to the animal as much, in general. And you say you value animals more than humans, but you're discussing this with humans. If you really didn't care about people you'd go tell your opinions to a dog or something.

I agree, however Mr Anonymous seems to think I'm short of a few brain cells for reminding people that animals have emotional and cognitive depth.

maybe so but it doesnt stop them from eating other emotional and cognitive critters.

"we as humans aren't farmed and abused on a daily basis to feed another creature" I'm not so sure about this, but I agree with the rest of your words :thumb:

Too bad the dinosaurs are extinct. We would see who will be eating whom.

hitler a very ethical person? WTF are you talking about? are you a nazi? he was a raving murderous lunatic.
LOL no we dont want you to discuss it. the good lord only knows what kind of pony youd post.

yeah, you're right, haha, i really shouldnt. it's never won me the popular vote :D

That's the difference exactly.

It's pointless though to keep discussing this since Morrissey fandom obviously induces insanity in some.

i dont mean to be of any trouble, but pray, can someone please tell me where all the smart people are? i came looking for smart people. surely there's got to be some corner of the internet where the geniuses hang out? i know that this isnt it, dont worry. oh heavens, i wouldnt want to place any undue pressure on any of you. i was just wondering if mayhap you might know where a little rag clad bunny might look.

You will never, ever, ever stop people killing and eating animals. Ever. It will not happen. We all make individual choices. My choice is not to eat meat. Others make different choices for many different reasons. The best we can hope for and campaign for is to give animals a happy and peaceful life, and as swift and painless a death as possible. Supporting an organisation like Compassion in World Farming is a step in the right direction, in my opinion.

You're probably right, but what if meat consumption could be cut in half though? It'd be a huge change.

i dont mean to be of any trouble, but pray, can someone please tell me where all the smart people are? i came looking for smart people. surely there's got to be some corner of the internet where the geniuses hang out? i know that this isnt it, dont worry. oh heavens, i wouldnt want to place any undue pressure on any of you. i was just wondering if mayhap you might know where a little rag clad bunny might look.

I'm terribly sorry we can't all live up to your very high standards.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom