Istanbul show finishes 10pm
Load out till midnight
drive truck to airport, load plane by 3am
Fly to Manchester arrive 7am
Venue by 8am
Load in by 10am
Set up by 12
Soundcheck by 2pm

If there's no travel hitches it's perfectly do-able, but I do recall this shower missing a show in Greece because they were 'delayed' in Dublin.

Hang on let's just have a risk assessment. Let's not forget the Alan Carr debacle :rolleyes: When between the lot of them they couldn't arrange to get a wheel changed on the coach and had to cancel the interview :laughing::rofl::drama::clap::ahhh:doh::laughing:
4kin hopeless , absolutely clueless :head-smack:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

He still has his delusional cult 'fans', what's intereting is that his customer base is clearly shrinking. Or dying off of old age. He is all washed up, he's beclowned. But I can't wait for the next act in his career circus. He is indeed totally careerist. This 'national cult convention' is purely to try and prove to record labels he still has pulling power. As first day sales show, he hasn't. And record companies will have done their private polling and know that the only reason most people go to see 'Morrissey' is to tick him off their bucket list of old Boomer 'rock stars'. He's on a list between Elton John & Rod Stewart and as depressingly obvious and irrelevant. I trust this reply is helpful to you.

Good to have you back Brummie. What good would Star Wars/Solo be without Darth Vader/Brummie. I believe the problem is with the set list. Many "cultists" like myself have passed on him the past few tours because of the World Peace laden set list. I think we can both agree on two things:

1. He has so many great songs to choose from that if he would only dust them off and play them for 90 minutes he might be able to even coerce the dead to leave their graves for the evening.

2. He still has the voice and strength to put forth amazing new music if only as Benny has pointed out he were to lose the lawnmower parts and construct a proper band capable of producing great music.

There has been mention that this venue is shite, but I believe it was where Who Put the M was shot and I consider it one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Him at his best, the band in great form, and the crowd engaged and enthralled. I still see the glass as half full even if there might be a small hole in the bottom of it.

2. He still has the voice and strength to put forth amazing new music if only as Benny has pointed out he were to lose the lawnmower parts and construct a proper band capable of producing great music.

That basically sums up how I've felt for the last 10 years ... although I think WPINOYB had its moments.

11 thousand tickets for Morrissey's Manchester Arena show on 20 August have sold within the first two hours of on sale. Further updates will follow.

Does anyone find this information in any way interesting?

Acts having to fly between gigs on successive nights is hardly unheard of.

It's not the band I'm raising a concern about - it's the gear.

Yes - it is possible. But this is very atypical for a Morrissey tour, which tend to by slow paced and plodding. Much like the mid-section of Morrissey's shows these days.

He should have Johnny Marr as the support act. Haha that would be class. But seriously, an opener like Suede or New Order would be amazing. Maybe New Order are way too big for that but a double or triple bill for one night would be fantastic.

image.jpeg
Could see N.Order or Marr opening. Would be good for their careers.
Good for New Orders career? New Order would sell that place out in a heartbeat, however they don't ever play there as they prefer to play in the more unusual settings in Manchester, like last night for instance.

Last edited:
New Order have played the Arena. They decided to only sell standing and lower tier tickets. The upstairs was closed.

View attachment 40355
Good for New Orders career? New Order would sell that place out in a heartbeat, however they don't ever play there as they prefer to play in the more unusual settings in Manchester, like last night for instance.

Nice one Surface, no doubt you had a great night there.:handfist:

Like X 237 :thumbsup:

BtBB :greatbritain::knife:

It isn't sold out, you numpty. 11k sold of 22k. Massive over-reach but a welcome slap in the face of the vain poseur Morrissey. Can't even sell out an arena in his home city after a gap of 4 years. LOL!

Reality just won't cut you a break, will it Brummie? You must be exhausted, love.

He should have Johnny Marr as the support act. Haha that would be class. But seriously, an opener like Suede or New Order would be amazing. Maybe New Order are way too big for that but a double or triple bill for one night would be fantastic.

Or better still if you can't shift the tickets in the first place book a smaller venue ! :guitar::tiphat::clap:
Good job the stage is on wheels " keep pushing it forward lads " :rofl:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

New Order have played the Arena. They decided to only sell standing and lower tier tickets. The upstairs was closed.
Yes in 98 and hated it saying they would never play there again although they did a joy division set there as part of Manchester aid in 06

Yes, that is correct, the stage IS on wheels. Band push Moz hollers "forward".

Good to have you back Brummie. What good would Star Wars/Solo be without Darth Vader/Brummie. I believe the problem is with the set list. Many "cultists" like myself have passed on him the past few tours because of the World Peace laden set list. I think we can both agree on two things:

1. He has so many great songs to choose from that if he would only dust them off and play them for 90 minutes he might be able to even coerce the dead to leave their graves for the evening.

There has been mention that this venue is shite, but I believe it was where Who Put the M was shot and I consider it one of the best concerts I have ever seen. Him at his best, the band in great form, and the crowd engaged and enthralled. I still see the glass as half full even if there might be a small hole in the bottom of it.

I'm actually fascinated to see how Morrissey gets himself out of this impasse of irrelevance, if he even can. From his aloof response to the loss of Bowie to his odd eulogy to Prince and, finally, to his spectacular failure to grasp the significance of Brexit before the miracle happened: How on earth does he now pivot away from his clownish, sulky antics? Does he have anything to say that might be of interest beyond his mentally ill cult 'fans'? Will he carry on with his delusional persecution complex about 'the music business'?

Morrissey will get another Poundland bargain-basement budget record contract as lots of people want to be in his field of vision if/when he cracks and begs Johnny Marr to reform The Smiths (assuming, of course, that Marr isn't using his quill to stab Morrissey in the neck as he finalises his account of those 5 torrid years). Because of the prospect of a Smiths payday, Morrissey is tolerated even as his £ bargaining power ebbs away. I've not heard of a deal in the offing but it wouldn't surprise me if there's one under the radar. It would be actually interesting if he could pull off a silent midnight launch of a new project but I doubt it as he's such a gas-bag I doubt he could keep his trap shut.

I will wait to see him arrive on stage to see if he's still doing that gender-bending stuff or if he's going to do some kind of late-in-life macho lulz. Patti Smith is still absolutely rivetting so it's not an age thing, it's an attitude thing. He seems too much of a pampered 5* prat to actually come up with thet goods, but who knows? I'd love to be able to suspend the mockery on last time and pretend he is what he always pretended to be: A radical Outsider rather than just another nondescript Manc chancer. Music sucks so bad nowadays. Other than Adele, of course.

if he had a record deal there would have been a non ending string of TTY posts about it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom