TTY: Morrissey first-try demo tracks posted (from 2008 "Years Of Refusal" sessions)

Morrissey first-try demo tracks - true-to-you.net
6 August 2015

Excerpt (see link to listen to tracks):

Here are three previously unheard initial run-throughs of 'Something Is Squeezing My Skull', 'One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell' and 'Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed' from the 2008 Years Of Refusal sessions...

what IN THE HELL is going on? i mean, i love the daily tidbits but tty lies dormant for months at a time, and now all this?

anyway, i find moz's imperfect vocals endearing. the rarity, i suppose.

Nice! Wonder why this stuff is being approved and posted on TTY? Is he letting things out?

heard the 3 tracks, well all 1 minute, and they sound like the years Morrissey was without keyboard player,
I liked it, but also find YOR a solid album.

anyway thanks a lot, but they run-throughs are in a last part, I guess, before producing and mixing

'and they say he's mentall'...burning down my old house...

I have always been a massive proponent of YOR. I think it's a solid album and after World Peace came out I think too many people, especially on here, threw it under the bus to try and make the new release better.

Mama is an incredibly underrated track.

I miss alain.

I miss alain.

Maybe. But what I don't understand is that if Alain is such a wonderful human being und such an incredible songwriter (who has also a lovely singing voice, by the way) then go and support HIM with his own musical projects. People often bemoan not enough recognition for Alain. Then go and give him some. There were some own musical projects in the past and there are some now.

Good point, I forgot missing Alain's contribution to Morrissey's songwriting and being a fan of Morrissey's current output were two contradictory, mutually exclusive points. As someone who bought World Peace AND the Setting Fires EP, I don't know who's side I am on!

Well this was unexpected.

Yeah, what's with all these TTY updates lately? From virtually nothing to almost new posts every day.

Morrissey wants to engage more with his audience but won't make a twitter account so he uses TTY. It is virtually a Morrissey press release each time.

Maybe. But what I don't understand is that if Alain is such a wonderful human being und such an incredible songwriter (who has also a lovely singing voice, by the way) then go and support HIM with his own musical projects. People often bemoan not enough recognition for Alain. Then go and give him some. There were some own musical projects in the past and there are some now.

this is true. Sometimes i think some people on this forum say they want Alain back as an excuse just to hate on Jesse

well he might just be feeling better with mroe time. in 2013 he was ill constantly with some really nagging issues and legal issues so that just might have left less time and motivation to engage with it, tty.

Morrissey wants to engage more with his audience but won't make a twitter account so he uses TTY. It is virtually a Morrissey press release each time.

He should create an official Apple Music account and share rare stuff like this like Trent has been doing for Nine Inch Nails.

Stopped buying Morrissey albums after ROTT. Now I know why. These songs are awful.

heard the 3 tracks, well all 1 minute, and they sound like the years Morrissey was without keyboard player,

anyway thanks a lot, but they run-throughs are in a last part, I guess, before producing and mixing

There are keyboards all over those tracks

Keyboards are present in songs

what IN THE HELL is going on? i mean, i love the daily tidbits but tty lies dormant for months at a time, and now all this?

anyway, i find moz's imperfect vocals endearing. the rarity, i suppose.

I think we are at seventeen TTY posts practically in a row? I don't know what's going on either but IT'S ABOUT TIME!! We totally need daily Moz posts. Just wish he had his own space and not hers.

He knows he needs to Facebook, tweet or get a blog page. But he needs to feel special so does it like this
He is better off having his own site like Sandie Shaw and having links to it on twitter and Fb

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom