TTY: Morrissey Far East; pushed back until a time when there is a new recording

Re: no Moz live dates - TTY

With no new material, no hope in hell of ever signing to a major, there really is no future for Morrissey beyond the nostalgia market. Short of a Smiths reunion (which we all know he would hate to do), the only other things I can think of are nostalgia album tours, such as playing all of 'Vauxhall and I' or whatever has a convenient anniversary. Maybe even getting together some previous solo line-ups (eg the Lads) for an anniversary tour.

sad but true and no one to blame but himself... no major label executive would want to sign someone who's likely to go psycho and post abusive comments online at the smallest disagreement. why would they? likewise a history of dismissing anyone with talent around him (or making their position untenable) ... marr, street, whyte... until there are only very untalented colaborators... all the while his own writing ability is diminishing...

i don't think anyone much wants to see a smiths reunion... i think fame went to his head.. and he produces crap (ringleader, world peace etc, list of the lost etc) and then deems it to be as good at the queen is dead. deluded.

when i listen to the solo stuff - especially post-street it's clear he needed to branch out musically and lyrically... there's been 10-20 years of rut.. the solo work doesn't hold up well. if im charitable i'd say its patchy. it's not innovative, it doesn't change the musical landscape.. it all seems rather hacked out and unimaginative, uninspired and samey.

probably it's because he's not a music writer... i find so much of his solo work dreary because it's just not going anywhere. you know there's no sgt pepper or kid a or achtung baby around the corner.. where the band/artist are going to really push the limits of their creativity and CHANGE or make the effort to... it's just more of the same plodding music and increasingly lacklustre and passionless lyrics.

sad... but i don't think there's anything to mourn if there's no same old follow up to world peace... i think the world doesn't need it.

Sheesh this is one depressing thread. Lots of snark towards Morrissey. "Silly Steven"? WTF. I don't have all the details about his fallout with Harvest but requesting an actual music video sounds like a reasonable request. Especially a simple "performance" video. It does appear that he feuds with every label he signs with. Lots of artists do. I think he could start his own label and make more money from record sales by cutting out the middle man. BUT the chance of getting radio play would be massively diminished.

I'm a new fan. I'd hate to think I came to the party too late.

Sheesh this is one depressing thread. Lots of snark towards Morrissey. "Silly Steven"? WTF. I don't have all the details about his fallout with Harvest but requesting an actual music video sounds like a reasonable request. Especially a simple "performance" video. It does appear that he feuds with every label he signs with. Lots of artists do. I think he could start his own label and make more money from record sales by cutting out the middle man. BUT the chance of getting radio play would be massively diminished.

I'm a new fan. I'd hate to think I came to the party too late.

Oh little lamb on a hill run fast if you can ! Run quickly it's not to late !
Don't waste your precious time or money on Silly Steven CrankFruad.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I look forward to a new album and seeing Morrissey on tour again in the UK if he hopefully changes his mind.

Back
Top Bottom