TTY: Morrissey Far East; pushed back until a time when there is a new recording

I am sure Morrissey and Jack White would have a contract a little different than the Harvest confusion. It's called live and learn. I'm giving credit to both sides.

Re: no Moz live dates - TTY

Moz hates everyone, FFS, including Jack White.

Who would write a second book after writing one of the worst books of all time. If he cant get a record deal chances are that hell will freeze over before he gets a book one.

Kind of suspected that the Asian tour was kiboshed as it was scheduled to start a few weeks ago. If he's not touring or writing books/music, what's he do with all his free time? It can't be good for his mental health. Maybe that's why we've been seeing these bizarre posts on TTY lately.

I hope you write a book. Maybe a short story. Oh, I just know you have it in you.
well i intend to make a stab at it, but i think it is likely to be a miserable failure due to my fatal flaw of having no imagination whatsoever. i mean, absolutely none. it is quite tragic. im only really good at dissecting and analyzing things, particularly the way i feel about things. im perfectly awful at having to actually create anything.
but funnily enough, it is this place that has actually inspired me, given me an idea for something to write about. if it ever does get written i will dedicate it to poster #78e6b3f622 for having faith without having any good reason to :p

Those are current photos. Morrissey dyed his hair!

I know it might not be an inspiring and ever-incurring comment...................................................................
the only thing that could make it all very interesting again, would be getting back together with Johnny Marr. I don't buy all this 'destroying the legacy', 'it was perfect in the 80s, leave it there', 'that would shatter his credibility' bullsht. That's all symbolism and inflated ego to me. It's just about the music to me, they're just some guys with limited time on earth who could be spending the time they have left making great music that means something to people. I can understand that Morrissey hates Mike Joyce, but Johnny Marr hasn't done anything horrible to him apart from leaving the Smiths, which was pretty horrible and stupid on one hand, but also a bit understandable on the other hand as the pressure was great and Morrissey was playing the diva. Most of you are able to see that Morrissey is a very egocentric and complicated man, who is hard to work with and who holds lifelong grudges. Many singers are, see also Axl Rose. And even Axl has reunited with Slash, while the animosity between those two was much greater than between Morrissey and Marr. I find Morrissey quite childish in his behavior. He does not seem to have a clue why Johnny Marr did leave the band, and what role his own behavior has played in this. Morrissey only blames others for everything, whether it's Joyce, Marr, Harvest, Supreme or whoever crosses his path. There's no self reflection. And I adore the man as an artist, I'm not trying to troll here.

I can accept if the two will never reunite, but not if this is because of the past. Let's face it, Johnny Marr hasn't been thát horrible to Morrissey. They're grown adults who should be able to let the past be the past and see eye to eye. Even Axl Rose knows how to do that.
Of course, if they rather go forward than go back to the past, that's their choice. In my opinion, Morrissey does not have a lot to go forward to. The Smiths are hailed as one of the great bands, loved to death by very many. They's the indie Beatles. His solo work has been a lesser companion of that, much as many of you love Vauxhall, Viva, Arsenal, Bona, Quarry (and I like em too). He's catering to an ever dwindling group of die hard fans. His last few albums can't hold a candle to Queen, Hatful, Louder or Strangeways. He's on a road to nowhere now.

The legacy of Morrissey is mainly the Smiths. In 50 years time, people will be playing The Queen is Dead and not You are the Quarry. Imagine Morrissey and Marr playing their old songs live together. That would be beautiful. What would that destroy? Just some 'perfect image' people like to have in their mind. On the other hand, seeing a legendary friendship healed is a beautiful thing. Imagine Morrissey and Marr writing a new album. It would not be as magical as their old work, probably. But it would be fantastic nonetheless. Miles ahead of what they produce now. Saying that, I am disappointed (pun intended) by mr Marr's career post-Smiths. If you decide to leave The Smiths because the Smiths inhibit you musically, you better make sure that what you do post-Smiths is REALLY good. Not The Cribs. Also, he said he wanted that The Smiths prevented him from playing dance and funk music, but post-Smiths he's clung to rock music apart from the safe-dancey Electronic.
Gentlemen if you read this, good riddance to yer foolish pride.

I know it might not be an inspiring and ever-incurring comment...................................................................
the only thing that could make it all very interesting again, would be getting back together with Johnny Marr. I don't buy all this 'destroying the legacy', 'it was perfect in the 80s, leave it there', 'that would shatter his credibility' bullsht. That's all symbolism and inflated ego to me. It's just about the music to me, they're just some guys with limited time on earth who could be spending the time they have left making great music that means something to people. I can understand that Morrissey hates Mike Joyce, but Johnny Marr hasn't done anything horrible to him apart from leaving the Smiths, which was pretty horrible and stupid on one hand, but also a bit understandable on the other hand as the pressure was great and Morrissey was playing the diva. Most of you are able to see that Morrissey is a very egocentric and complicated man, who is hard to work with and who holds lifelong grudges. Many singers are, see also Axl Rose. And even Axl has reunited with Slash, while the animosity between those two was much greater than between Morrissey and Marr. I find Morrissey quite childish in his behavior. He does not seem to have a clue why Johnny Marr did leave the band, and what role his own behavior has played in this. Morrissey only blames others for everything, whether it's Joyce, Marr, Harvest, Supreme or whoever crosses his path. There's no self reflection. And I adore the man as an artist, I'm not trying to troll here.

I can accept if the two will never reunite, but not if this is because of the past. Let's face it, Johnny Marr hasn't been thát horrible to Morrissey. They're grown adults who should be able to let the past be the past and see eye to eye. Even Axl Rose knows how to do that.
Of course, if they rather go forward than go back to the past, that's their choice. In my opinion, Morrissey does not have a lot to go forward to. The Smiths are hailed as one of the great bands, loved to death by very many. They's the indie Beatles. His solo work has been a lesser companion of that, much as many of you love Vauxhall, Viva, Arsenal, Bona, Quarry (and I like em too). He's catering to an ever dwindling group of die hard fans. His last few albums can't hold a candle to Queen, Hatful, Louder or Strangeways. He's on a road to nowhere now.

The legacy of Morrissey is mainly the Smiths. In 50 years time, people will be playing The Queen is Dead and not You are the Quarry. Imagine Morrissey and Marr playing their old songs live together. That would be beautiful. What would that destroy? Just some 'perfect image' people like to have in their mind. On the other hand, seeing a legendary friendship healed is a beautiful thing. Imagine Morrissey and Marr writing a new album. It would not be as magical as their old work, probably. But it would be fantastic nonetheless. Miles ahead of what they produce now. Saying that, I am disappointed (pun intended) by mr Marr's career post-Smiths. If you decide to leave The Smiths because the Smiths inhibit you musically, you better make sure that what you do post-Smiths is REALLY good. Not The Cribs. Also, he said he wanted that The Smiths prevented him from playing dance and funk music, but post-Smiths he's clung to rock music apart from the safe-dancey Electronic.

:sleeping:

It's a good idea. I'd love to see Morrissey perform with a Symphony Orchestra. He could use parts of his band, but really emphasize the Orchestra. Come up with arrangements for
15 or 16 of his songs. Maybe a few new ones. It'd be gorgeous. A recording like that would sell.

Sounds like a snoozer to me.

i agree with everything you said!!! :thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

someone here can't handle the truth, i see ;)

I wish Morrissey would call Jack White at Third Man Records.

Agreed. Although I think Jack is just as prickly as Moz and I'm not sure they'd get along. BUT... if Moz really took direction from Jack he could put out the best album of his career. Jack is great and highlighting what people love(d) about an artist.

If he's not touring or writing books/music, what's he do with all his free time?

Spend all day drinking, masturbating and posting anonymous crap on Morrissey-Solo? Hey, it works for me!

I listened to Ben Watt's new solo album (with production and playing by Bernard Butler). The production and riffage is supreme. This crew should produce Morrissey material. It's what he needs.

There's more chance of him being London mayor 2016 than get a record deal ! L O L
Debunked good and proper all down to Mike Joyce.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Benny-the-British-Butcher three questions: Who are you a fan of? What's the point in hyphenating your name? (You couldn't be more pathetic). Why don't you just f*** off?

Pigeons are indeed common but the correct label is rock dove or feral pigeon (Columba livia)

Bill Oddie

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom