TTY: 'More Morrissey' (Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago in November); El Paso cancelled

More Morrissey - true-to-you.net
24 October 2016

Wednesday
November 23 DETROIT Royal Oak Music Theatre
Friday November 25 CLEVELAND State Theatre
Sunday November 27 CHICAGO Aragon Ballroom

As mentioned by an anonymous person below, El Paso, TX on Nov. 23 was previously announced.

UPDATE 7:50 AM PT:

El Paso appears to be cancelled 'due to a scheduling conflict' according to the post by El Paso Live / Facebook, screenshot from Uncleskinny.

39268_screenshot_20161023_192101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
if you are adding more dates my dear great one, please come to the Baltimore or DC area!

For sure seconding Baltimore. He could make up that date he canceled a while back now at the myerhof. Guess I could drive to d.c again if I can remember to watch out for the stupid speed trap camera. I hate that thing

Yay! I got my first dislike for making a pork sandwich joke! Thanks, Ketamine! I was feeling left out. :lbf:

Yes, I do the singing stuff but when we start improvising he expects a musical input from me too. He says I have some kind of strange, and to him surprising things to add musically.
We did some rehearsals too in the studio nearby my house.
It sounded good sometimes. But now it's been some time since we made music.
He can't, it's too exhausting for him. He can't concentrate. He doesn't feel well. We'll have to wait.
The best we did is kind of melodic, slightly melancholic, music.
I try too croon a bit, ahem. People say I have a warm, dark and melodic voice, not very good on the higher notes I am afraid.

We were planning to do some more rock oriented music but my voice doesn't seem very suitable for it. And we couldn't find a drummer. Essential and so is the bassist. The rythmsection is the basis. Without the basis you are going nowhere.
Well, maybe later.
well the good news is that i got some halva! (to aid my song writing abilities). *ahem* the finished product:

there's a guy in the grocery store
where rifke lives
who likes to think that he's me;
rifke, sometimes, pretends to believe him
"isnt delusion," she says
"far better than reality?"

oh, but he'll never have my eyebrow ridge
and he doesnt even own a blazer
and rifke knows comparing me to him
is comparing hyperion to a satyr

oh yes, rifke knows...
rifke knows...

and rifke should know
(because she's so smart)
rifke should know
(yeah, she's pretty smart)

rifke's a girl who sends me letters
(will it never end?)
"one day", she thinks, "it'll all be worth it
when moz and i finally go shopping
for blazers at selfridges
liberty, brown and harrods".

oh but i know it'll never happen
and rifke knows it too
im my own man, and as such i never do
just whatever fans want me to

because im not oprah
no, truth be told, im not oprah

and rifke should know
that im not oprah
oh yeah, rifke can shove it
because im not oprah

so she says to her grocery man
"meathead, lets go shopping,
blazers are here required
in pursuit of verissimilitude ."
"but how can blazers" he says
"show off this physique i've acquired?"

and rifke despairs
because he'll never have my brilliant wit
and he doesnt even own a blazer
and comparing me to him
is comparing hyperion to a satyr

but rifke knows
that im not oprah
oh yeah rifke knows
(because she's so smart)

and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you dont get a car
and you're not going blazer shopping
because im not oprah

$100 for Royal Oak plus fees. Pretty small venue as I remember the last time I saw Moz play there.

There was something really funky from what I remember regarding tickets there. Like they would allow people who bought their tickets and printed them online first in the building before anyone else. Not sure if they still do that but anyone looking into tickets may want to call the box office to check.
http://www.axs.com/events/327403/morrissey-tickets?skin=royaloak&src=AEGLIVE_WROAKDTT030115VEN001

detroit? wait... i thought detroit was now like a wasteland with nothing but junkies and hos and tumbleweeds and squatters and smashed in windows and the like. or am i think of some place else?

You really have no idea don't you, couldn't be further from the truth. Incredible city!! (and i don't even live there)

From Rene:

KVIA had fun reminding viewers of numerous times our dear Morrissey has "flaked out" on El Paso fans by pointing out previous cancellations.

39276_kvia_screenshot.jpg

From Rene:

KVIA had fun reminding viewers of numerous times our dear Morrissey has "flaked out" on El Paso fans by pointing out previous cancellations.

He could use this as a backdrop the next time in El Paso with the last line as the actual date and a blank line.

It's so hard to be a Moz-fan these days and it's bloody hard if you are living there in the surroundings.
I feel for them, I really do. I pray for them. :pray:

any word on the Chicago presale code? I was supposed to get an email from Jam Productions this afternoon since I'm on the email list and I haven't :(

Sorry, now I'm being told it's SAUERKRAUT. I guess because of what happened at "Riot Fest", they are trying make it more vegan/vegetarian now with a "Chicago feel"

Sorry, now I'm being told it's SAUERKRAUT. I guess because of what happened at "Riot Fest", they are trying make it more vegan/vegetarian now with a "Chicago feel"

Good one. :D
Very healthy vegetable too!
I eat it a lot. It's very tasty!
I suppose if you never have it'll be a let's say, interesting experience! ;)
There is a chance they might change it to RUCOLA.
Very tasty and healthy too.
You should try it. :thumb:

Hi, does anyone have a presale code for Detroit/Royal Oak, MI on November 23? I was supposed to get a code emailed today but it never happened and presale has already started.

Still waiting for my refund for El Paso.
I called the venue to confirm, and they said 10-14 business days for refunds.

Mr. Plastic shoes just saved me a 5-hour drive to No man's land, hotel fees, and rescheduling my work business.

Alas, I am sure to miss one of my favorite 'bands' phoning-in a stagnant set list.

From Rene:

Maybe he thinks it's funny to pass on El Paso !

but no one laughed. :(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom