TTY: 'More Morrissey' (Detroit, Cleveland, Chicago in November); El Paso cancelled

More Morrissey - true-to-you.net
24 October 2016

Wednesday
November 23 DETROIT Royal Oak Music Theatre
Friday November 25 CLEVELAND State Theatre
Sunday November 27 CHICAGO Aragon Ballroom

As mentioned by an anonymous person below, El Paso, TX on Nov. 23 was previously announced.

UPDATE 7:50 AM PT:

El Paso appears to be cancelled 'due to a scheduling conflict' according to the post by El Paso Live / Facebook, screenshot from Uncleskinny.

39268_screenshot_20161023_192101.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
LOL! That's why I was going to El Paso, no Boston shows on the horizon!
Big cheers to you for your stalwart heart, DubbalinGirl! Hoping HarshTruth is right about a New England swing. What we lack in warm temps we make up for in our sincerity!

When you look up Morrissey, for some reason it shows him scheduled for El Paso at 3:30am. I don't know? Maybe he'll fly to El Paso after Detroit.

I can't believe there is no mention of the cancellation on True-To-You... just an updated three new dates... Wouldn't it be great if we heard an apology? All those cancellations in 2014 and 2015 (among many many other) and you would think that once he got on stage we could hear a "thanks so much for sticky by me, I am so glad to finally be here, I apologize for all the expense I have caused everyone by cancelling every show two and three times."

detroit? wait... i thought detroit was now like a wasteland with nothing but junkies and hos and tumbleweeds and squatters and smashed in windows and the like. or am i think of some place else?

if you are adding more dates my dear great one, please come to the Baltimore or DC area!

come to victoria mozzzzzzzzz. you can count on me and the guy from the grocery store who vaguely looks like you circa vauxhall and i if i squint and use my imagination being there! so.... a guaranteed two ticket sales anyway...

come to victoria mozzzzzzzzz. you can count on me and the guy from the grocery store who vaguely looks like you circa vauxhall and i if i squint and use my imagination being there! so.... a guaranteed two ticket sales anyway...

Funny again Rifke.
May all your prayers come true!
There is a song in there.
The guy in the grocery store says he's Moz. :o

Funny again Rifke.
May all your prayers come true!
There is a song in there.
The guy in the grocery store says he's Moz. :o
already in the bag!
i proudly present to you the lyrics to "the guy in the grocery store who says he's me" which i trust moz will hurriedly turn into a song for his upcoming shows:

there is a guy in the grocery store
and he says he's me
rifke, she pretends to believe him
because when delusion is better than reality
what choice does she have?
oh, but he'll never have my eyebrow ridge
and he doesnt know where i buy my jeans
and rifke knows that comparing me to him
is comparing hyperion to a satyr
oh yes, rifke knows...
rifke knows...

man, songwriting is easy.

ery good indeed.
I can hear a melody and sing it.
I'm going to do this with my musical partner. :D
It should be a piece of cake for Moz.
No mention of blazer shopping? :rolleyes:

Second verse, not same as the first !

I would leave out that last sentence.
" man songwriting is easy ".

No I've changed my mind again, leave it there. ;)

Second verse?
And no rhyme?
No metaphors? No alliteration?

But still a very good idea. :thumb:
You always have to have a beginning to begin with and you already have half the song!
I'll take care of copyrights, if you trust me. :straightface:

You will have to be patient cause my musical partner is sick and has to have surgery, if he is back and can make music again in his fine little homestudio we'll put it on SoundCloud.
Cheers Rifke :thumb:
you're right, i shall have to take this more seriously! give me a day or two! i was trying to be efficient because i knew moz would be itching to use it, but i see now the egregious technical errors committed due to my haste. obviously not mentioning blazer shopping was a huge oversight, thank you for drawing my attention to it. where would i be without you. now if im going to write a song, im going to need some candy. cant be done without. but i dont want to go to the store. hmm. this is why i should be living in 5 star hotels like moz (ie. room service). i now see the necessity.

wait... you have a music partner? for real? what are you, troubadours?!

already in the bag!
i proudly present to you the lyrics to "the guy in the grocery store who says he's me" which i trust moz will hurriedly turn into a song for his upcoming shows:

there is a guy in the grocery store
and he says he's me
rifke, she pretends to believe him
because when delusion is better than reality
what choice does she have?
oh, but he'll never have my eyebrow ridge
and he doesnt know where i buy my jeans
and rifke knows that comparing me to him
is comparing hyperion to a satyr
oh yes, rifke knows...
rifke knows...

man, songwriting is easy.

Very good indeed!
I can hear the song while I'm singing, so it should be a piece of cake for Moz!
The most important thing of composing a song, lyrically or musically is you have to have an idea.
To start with.
You have half the song!

Some minor points, Colombo would have said it is not of any import (you know what I mean):
A song needs a structure.
You have one piece of verse.
Where is the second piece?
Don't say second verse same as the first.
No mention of blazer shopping?

I would consider to leave the sentence:
"man, songwriting is easy. " out.

On second thought, I have changed my mind again.
It's fine. Leave it there.

No rhyming, or rhyming scheme?
No hyperbole, alliteration, or metaphor?

Can I use your lyric Rifke?
I am going to record it with my musical partner, but you will have to be patient cause he is sick and scheduled for chirurgy. When he is back from the hospital and completely cured, let's hope so, I am going to use this as lyrics and he's gonna compose the music and we're going to record it in his fine, little home studio and we're going to put it on SoundCloud.
Copyrights 33 and a third for each including you.
That is if we get it published.

Deal or no deal?
I'm not joking.

They're both the same.
So it's a draw, by definition.
;)
I am two people, oh, oh, oh.
One you don't like, the other one, for your sake I won't show.
Oh, oh, oh.

but there is a difference ! no striptease necessary. Draw broken, for the 'Detriot Moz' wins !

you're right, i shall have to take this more seriously! give me a day or two! i was trying to be efficient because i knew moz would be itching to use it, but i see now the egregious technical errors committed due to my haste. obviously not mentioning blazer shopping was a huge oversight, thank you for drawing my attention to it. where would i be without you. now if im going to write a song, im going to need some candy. cant be done without. but i dont want to go to the store. hmm. this is why i should be living in 5 star hotels like moz (ie. room service). i now see the necessity.

wait... you have a music partner? for real? what are you, troubadours?!

No.
He is a man with, what shall I say, a checkered past.
We met on the streets. He is in a wheelchair. Polio in one leg.
He told me about his musical past and he said he needed someone to write lyrics, the songs. He can't. He has his own little studio and we recorded some songs. Most of them dreadful, argh but there is one I am proud of. He has a lot of (bad) experience in the music industry. Sometimes we clash. Than he gets to demanding for my taste and he has done a lot of commercially based music.
You know, with trendy trends, aimed at a youthful audience.
I don't like that songs but if I sit in his studio and he picks up his acoustic guitar or his Gretsch electric guitar we always got some songs we liked. He has a computer and a lot of other stuff which he uses too to compose. He is good in creating a good sound.
And he knows about all the technical stuff. He knows a lot about singing and singing techniques as well.
Sometimes he is too demanding. And I am by nature lazy.
So your lyric reminded me a bit about how I would write the lyrics.
A lot of the things I said come from him.
If I thought the song was OK he said no. Too short mostly.
And than I had to work on it, bah.
When we have something we will put it on SoundCloud and let you know.

No.
He is a man with, what shall I say, a checkered past.
We met on the streets. He is in a wheelchair. Polio in one leg.
He told me about his musical past and he said he needed someone to write lyrics, the songs. He can't. He has his own little studio and we recorded some songs. Most of them dreadful, argh but there is one I am proud of. He has a lot of (bad) experience in the music industry. Sometimes we clash. Than he gets to demanding for my taste and he has done a lot of commercially based music.
You know, with trendy trends, aimed at a youthful audience.
I don't like that songs but if I sit in his studio and he picks up his acoustic guitar or his Gretsch electric guitar we always got some songs we liked. He has a computer and a lot of other stuff which he uses too to compose. He is good in creating a good sound.
And he knows about all the technical stuff. He knows a lot about singing and singing techniques as well.
Sometimes he is too demanding. And I am by nature lazy.
So your lyric reminded me a bit about how I would write the lyrics.
A lot of the things I said come from him.
If I thought the song was OK he said no. Too short mostly.
And than I had to work on it, bah.
When we have something we will put it on SoundCloud and let you know.
oh that's so cool! so what do you do, do you sing?
sure, use it if you want! it was only meant to be a joke of course, so i dont care about copyright, or whatever. it would be fun to hear it though, if you do record it! mostly just because i want to hear youuuuuuuuuuuu.

oh that's so cool! so what do you do, do you sing?
sure, use it if you want! it was only meant to be a joke of course, so i dont care about copyright, or whatever. it would be fun to hear it though, if you do record it! mostly just because i want to hear youuuuuuuuuuuu.

Yes, I do the singing stuff but when we start improvising he expects a musical input from me too. He says I have some kind of strange, and to him surprising things to add musically.
We did some rehearsals too in the studio nearby my house.
It sounded good sometimes. But now it's been some time since we made music.
He can't, it's too exhausting for him. He can't concentrate. He doesn't feel well. We'll have to wait.
The best we did is kind of melodic, slightly melancholic, music.
I try too croon a bit, ahem. People say I have a warm, dark and melodic voice, not very good on the higher notes I am afraid.

We were planning to do some more rock oriented music but my voice doesn't seem very suitable for it. And we couldn't find a drummer. Essential and so is the bassist. The rythmsection is the basis. Without the basis you are going nowhere.
Well, maybe later.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom