TTY - Manchester Evening News

6 January 2014

Manchester Evening News

The Manchester Evening News have stated on 17 October 2013 that Morrissey 'claims he was "touched inappropriately by a teacher at school"'. Morrissey has never made such a claim. Furthermore, Morrissey does not use the word 'inappropriately' unless it is followed by an explanation of what an action might be inappropriate to.
Morrissey is seeking legal advice on this matter.

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140106_01

:laughing: you couldn't make it up.

Well I guess he wants an apology for lazy journalism. But I don't think there would be any point suing for this matter.

Why pick only on the MEN? The Telegraph, the Mirror, the Metro and the Express reported exactly the same thing on exactly the same day. They seem to have got this strange impression from somewhere or other, but where? Oh, yes, Morrissey's Autobiography.

Very occasionally an autobiography will come out and a particular section will find the author challenged, sometimes in court. The recollections in Morrissey's autobiography seems to be questioned quite often. It's almost as in he's a truculent and unreliable witness.

Let the dancing on the head of a pin commence.

Do you ever get the feeling that some of these statements Moz issues via 'True To You' are written whilst he is steamingly drunk?

I've seen him a couple of times when he's seemed pissed. More times when he hasn't admittedly. He seems absolutely rat-arsed at the start of Live In Dallas, I always thought.

The stuff about Mr Sweeny, his slow and sensual wrist massage, and staring at 14-year old Morrissey's crotch are detailed on page 59-60 of the UK Penguin paperback. Buy it quick though, before it is revised out of the next reprint, along with all the material relating to Jake, with whom Morrissey was definitely NOT having a homosexual relationship, OK?

The stuff about Mr Sweeny, his slow and sensual wrist massage, and staring at 14-year old Morrissey's crotch are detailed on page 59-60 of the UK Penguin paperback. Buy it quick though, before it is revised out of the next reprint, along with all the material relating to Jake, with whom Morrissey was definitely NOT having a homosexual relationship, OK?

.. which just makes you wonder about all the juicy stuff that was cut out before publication!!

How can anyone take the Manchester Evening News seriously if they take written words from a book and then publish that the words were something different? Morrissey didn't say he was touched inappropriately by a teacher. If anyone touched him inappropriately it was me (a fan at a concert) and I am sorry. :( :p

Good for Moz; put the Manchester Evening News in its place! GO MOZ, GO!!! :)

Well I guess he wants an apology for lazy journalism. But I don't think there would be any point suing for this matter.

I have always been led to understand that if an adult is abusive/cruel to a child there is very often a sexual element/undertone to such behaviour, I know Moz was treated in a cruel manner at his Manchester school as was my boyfriend (Told him it was because he was a poor Paddy and the teachers may have well been racists? and told him to sue the Eduacation authority) who knows if my views are right, but I will stand by the fact that extreme cruelty to kids is very disturbing behaviour! Anyway, on a lighter note, Moz is still up there in the Sunday Times besteller list, hope he made loads from sharing his true, beautifu,l, sad and honest account of his story thus far! Thought Rupert Everett wrote 2 great Bios, but Moz left him standing IMO.

Forgot to add, reckon Moz is too cool/original/unique and articulate to use such a Blairite/Labour/Local Authority word such as 'inappropriately! :rolleyes:

I wonder why Morrissey included this antidote about the teacher in Autobiography? I thought it was an incident that didn't feel right to him. It didn't quite seem like abuse or something that greatly affected him, but he put it in the book. Surely he had a reason.

I agree with those who call the MEN story lazy journalism. I still feel we don't know the whole story at all. Does it possibly call for legal action?!

Erm, this is all a bit confusing. So, no teacher "lovingly" stroked your wrist whilst at school and now it's writs at dawn? Mozzer, you've got to find something else to take up your free time!!!!

Why would the Jake material be removed?

Forgot to add, reckon Moz is too cool/original/unique and articulate to use such a Blairite/Labour/Local Authority word such as 'inappropriately! :rolleyes:

It's awful, isn't it? Right up there with pachyderms in living spaces, checking one's privilege, and cis-sexual, which really means "normal", rather than not wishing to ram a marrow up your fundament for kicks while dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard Of Oz.

I hate clichés. A cliché to me is like a red rag to a bull.

7Rfcj85.jpg

It's awful, isn't it? Right up there with pachyderms in living spaces, checking one's privilege, and cis-sexual, which really means "normal", rather than not wishing to ram a marrow up your fundament for kicks while dressed as Dorothy from the Wizard Of Oz.

I hate clichés. A cliché to me is like a red rag to a bull.

7Rfcj85.jpg

"there is no such thing in life as normal"

dial a cliche

That's why he's gay, moz loves a man's touch since him childhood

Oh boy, here we go again! Get a record deal and release an album. Enough with the bitching and lawsuits! Good grief!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom