TTY: List of the Lost, number one

Wow, i don't know why i decided to sign up then ahaha just hoping to find some Morrissey/The Smiths fans 'cause i know none in real life!

As other people have said before, it's still the best place to get your Morrissey fix. So the genuine fans just have to endure the gutter-postings. Welcome to you, though!

And who are you, someone who is so weak that won't even register but likes to mock others who do.

i am a man who likes association and no i dont wanna register. good luck to you ambra, you seem nice

The TTY power shift benefits Sam, because he's clearly after a career in music management, or PR or directing and it benefits our Mozzer because he's reluctant to throw good money after bad when employing management companies whom he feels aren't promoting him in the right way. Sam, being a man of the world in Twenty Fifteen has layman knowledge of iTunes. Moz, being of the old guard, is still stuck in an age of physical formats, HMV and all that dated retro malarkey. (I'm joking about it being old hat, I love physical formats!)

the Bracewell quotes, the endless YouTube videos and sporadic animal rights appearances posted to TTY. It's PR by numbers done on zero budget all at Sam's hand. Moz probably would have slowly walked away at this point but you can't choose your family. It's probably going to end in tears.

Moz is without a label and we know. In 2002 we were all asking ourselves 'why!' After copping several record labels in the intervening decade-and-a-bit, no one is really that surprised anymore. I do believe Morrissey is a legend, an enigma, and I enjoy his music - but I don't really enjoy reading pleas from family friends in the arts addressed to no one in particular. It's a bit embarrassing for Moz!

The TTY power shift benefits Sam, because he's clearly after a career in music management, or PR or directing and it benefits our Mozzer because he's reluctant to throw good money after bad when employing management companies whom he feels aren't promoting him in the right way. Sam, being a man of the world in Twenty Fifteen has layman knowledge of iTunes. Moz, being of the old guard, is still stuck in an age of physical formats, HMV and all that dated retro malarkey. (I'm joking about it being old hat, I love physical formats!)

the Bracewell quotes, the endless YouTube videos and sporadic animal rights appearances posted to TTY. It's PR by numbers done on zero budget all at Sam's hand. Moz probably would have slowly walked away at this point but you can't choose your family. It's probably going to end in tears.

Moz is without a label and we know. In 2002 we were all asking ourselves 'why!' After copping several record labels in the intervening decade-and-a-bit, no one is really that surprised anymore. I do believe Morrissey is a legend, an enigma, and I enjoy his music - but I don't really enjoy reading pleas from family friends in the arts addressed to no one in particular. It's a bit embarrassing for Moz!

True to Uncle is now an even bigger embarrassment since Ryanair muscled his way in, the lads a dick. Posting photos of a fireman on a scaffold, posting video footage filmed on phone, kiss me a lot shite video.
Martin and the Lawnmowers better watch their backs now we've got such a talented family member on the payroll.
And what of poor Julia ? Can anybody shed any light on her wellbeing or the way she has been treated from the man at the top in all this.
All is not well in camp Steven, I see further job cuts coming.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

They think you're creating multiple accounts to defend Moz and of course it's pure fantasy. In my case, i signed up some days ago and i'm new here but i have been following/reading the forum for a while, it seems to me that this place was once more pacific and centered on Morrissey real supporters

yes that is the manner of trolls. they all claim to have been reading for years and they all seem to sign up and post on the same day. its so transparent that all of you including sindenette are but one.

As other people have said before, it's still the best place to get your Morrissey fix. So the genuine fans just have to endure the gutter-postings. Welcome to you, though!

you go on about mental health, all the while creating a new alter ego, and then not only conversing with it but congratulating it? for espousing an opinion that in reality is yours posting under a self created screen name?
to top it off, you like the post you yourself made under the other screen name?
stay out of the sun, its frying your brain cells.

what power shift? there is no power to shift.. moz just has a few vodkas gets in a cranky mood and types an email and sends to tty. julia posts.
its not like there is any input from a non existing pr firm. pr firms have to be paid.

what power shift? there is no power to shift.. moz just has a few vodkas gets in a cranky mood and types an email and sends to tty. julia posts.
its not like there is any input from a non existing pr firm. pr firms have to be paid.
ninetimesfined seems convinced Sam is behind many of the recent TTY posts, but they haven't indicated whether they know this for a fact (and if so, how?) or if it's just a presumption based on the content of the updates.

Is it clear? Because you have presented three very different career paths which, frankly, makes it fairly unclear. I think it is clearer that Morrissey would rather deal with a family member at this point than continue with the endless turbulence of the "hire/have Damon dismiss" cycle with an outside manager or publicist.

A reminder: Sam is married to Roseanne Cash's daughter, an heir to Johnny Cash's empire. I imagine he has - or knows he will have - a cushy existence. Helping out Uncle Morrissey (does he allow Uncle Steven?) seems like it would be a no-brainer diversion. I suspect he is not overly concerned about a "career" when he has the means - and sponsorship - to make his funny little propaganda films.

also how about this mini cd. any good photos that arent out there already. same with the live tracks i guess

I had a good hunch about where this came from, but Passions Just Like Mine, as always, has the answer.

PassionsJustLikeMine said:
The Smiths 1982-1987
by Bruna Zarini
published by Stampa Alternativa in Italy, 1990
ISBN: 87-7226-075-2
Mostly Smiths song lyrics in italian, with a discography, short history and a few quotes from Morrissey. This book came with a 3" cd featuring four tracks recorded live in Amsterdam (see 21 April 1984 in the gigography).

Stampa Alternativa had a range of lyrics books for alternative bands; their books were quite popular in the pre- and proto-Internet era, when lyrics sites did not yet exist(*). An additional bonus were the 3" mini CDs they included, almost always with live tracks. I used to own the Velvet Underground one, which came with 2 Italian acts covering the VU and one acetate rarity. Since The Smiths played The Netherlands only the once, the source would be the same as The Handsome Devils bootleg.

Update: Stéphane lists the four songs on the CD here: This Charming Man, Miserable Lie, Still Ill, What Difference Does It Make?.

(*)There apparently was a loophole in Italian copyright law (perhaps still is) that allowed for bootlegs to be legitimately released, as long as the songwriters (not necessarily the performers) were paid. The books were usually bilingual, English text with facing Italian (mis)translation, which accounts for the raison d'être of a lyrics books for a band that always included their lyrics with their albums.

- - - Updated - - -

Indeed, and welcome [MENTION=26300]Ambra[/MENTION]. Ignore the loonies and get the latest news, because this site always has the latest, ranging from absolutely must-read essentials (new albums, books) to "Morrissey spotted at airport again".

Last edited:
Is it clear? Because you have presented three very different career paths which, frankly, makes it fairly unclear. I think it is clearer that Morrissey would rather deal with a family member at this point than continue with the endless turbulence of the "hire/have Damon dismiss" cycle with an outside manager or publicist.

A reminder: Sam is married to Roseanne Cash's daughter, an heir to Johnny Cash's empire. I imagine he has - or knows he will have - a cushy existence. Helping out Uncle Morrissey (does he allow Uncle Steven?) seems like it would be a no-brainer diversion. I suspect he is not overly concerned about a "career" when he has the means - and sponsorship - to make his funny little propaganda films.

A cushy existence is an idle existence, and everyone needs to be kept busy in some respect. And the career paths I presented aren't that differnent; they're all within the music industry and wouldn't look half bad on any curriculum vitae (resume for our U.S. Friends)

Id liken the situation to one of us 'normals' having a little business - a shop or car garage. Business has been a touch slower of late and you want to cautiously approach new ways of generating business - social media and the Internet. You don't want to have to invest any cash in it just yet cos it's definitely not the future you think, so you're going to ask your tech savvy nephew to set up a Facebook page and look into making it work to your advantage. Your nephew could also put it in his national record of achievement for later. He doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up, after all.

well i do agree a cushy existance can be an idle one, i know this first hand, but not everyone wants to fill that void with business so i cant get behind that assumption.

as to the mini cd thanks for the reply. im not gonna buy it or anything but just hadnt seen it pop up before and was to borrow a term from the first line of this post just idly curious. i think the one im gonna get is the marr bio which seems like its gonna be a bit funny to me with the stories of drugs and missteps. well obvious missteps that seem so now as apparently the healers get a big reception in that book.

as for the power shift i agree, what power.

I had a good hunch about where this came from, but Passions Just Like Mine, as always, has the answer.

Stampa Alternativa had a range of lyrics books for alternative bands; their books were quite popular in the pre- and proto-Internet era, when lyrics sites did not yet exist(*). An additional bonus were the 3" mini CDs they included, almost always with live tracks. I used to own the Velvet Underground one, which came with 2 Italian acts covering the VU and one acetate rarity. Since The Smiths played The Netherlands only the once, the source would be the same as The Handsome Devils bootleg.

Update: Stéphane lists the four songs on the CD here: This Charming Man, Miserable Lie, Still Ill, What Difference Does It Make?.

(*)There apparently was a loophole in Italian copyright law (perhaps still is) that allowed for bootlegs to be legitimately released, as long as the songwriters (not necessarily the performers) were paid. The books were usually bilingual, English text with facing Italian (mis)translation, which accounts for the raison d'être of a lyrics books for a band that always included their lyrics with their albums.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, i didn't know about Stampa Alternativa (even though i'm Italian, but i wasn't born yet) and if there is material in Italian on that paperback book i must admit i'm curious, even if it's only some songs translated! I don't have Italian stuff about The smiths/Moz.

And thank you for the welcome! I'm gonna stay because i love Moz way too much!

Update: i found two photos of the paperback book: http://img3.annuncicdn.it/69/05/690531975faa0a338264d15de4d1f693_orig.jpg and http://img1.annuncicdn.it/cd/39/cd39bd5bb282b4bc0c2f0de2abaf97e1_orig.jpg
Someone is selling it on an Italian website but the price is very high compared to Amazon.

Last edited:
roseanne cash was johnnys daughter with his first wife who he divorced in the early 60s. its doubtful she recieved much of a financial windfall from the estate, its well known that the brunt of went to his son john carter cash.
i very much doubt he lives in the lap of luxury.

A cushy existence is an idle existence, and everyone needs to be kept busy in some respect. And the career paths I presented aren't that differnent; they're all within the music industry and wouldn't look half bad on any curriculum vitae (resume for our U.S. Friends)

Id liken the situation to one of us 'normals' having a little business - a shop or car garage. Business has been a touch slower of late and you want to cautiously approach new ways of generating business - social media and the Internet. You don't want to have to invest any cash in it just yet cos it's definitely not the future you think, so you're going to ask your tech savvy nephew to set up a Facebook page and look into making it work to your advantage. Your nephew could also put it in his national record of achievement for later. He doesn't know what he wants to be when he grows up, after all.

There has definitely been a shift of power over at TTY, it's looking like Steven Jong Un has lost faith in Julia Riley and has opted to hand over the zine in an attempt to gain maximum publicity to his budget brand Nephew Ryanair.
Riley's fate is yet unclear she hasn't been seen or heard of for several months and some fear she may have been fed to a pack of dogs or feral cats another possibility is she was turned into hamburger patties when Steven performed in his homeland Belfast at the Irish beef processing plant the biggest supplier of McDonalds meat in Europe.
All eyes will be on Silly Steven and the website True 2 Uncle in the forthcoming weeks when he performs four low key dates in Plymouth, Hull and London, no doubt the KingDum will come in for a bashing and how we should now all get behind Jeremy Korbunkle and hand over the British Falkland Islands to Argentina. ( I know ! I can hear the yawns myself )
One thing is for sure the Gimmick song will be rolled out to promote those stencil and t-shirt sales. (time to have a wee)
Whatever happens the police would like you to keep your eyes and ears out for Julia.
And don't forget you can be as brave as you like at these performances heckle as loud as you can, you could even take mini cheeses, but only if you want to !

A limited number of Brandbenny T-shirts will be available at the end of teach performance outside the venues priced £9.99

DEBUNKING IS ME !

GIMMICK SONG IS MURDER !

THIS STORY IS KERRYGOLD BUT IT GOES ON

I AM HATED FOR LYING

4CK c***RYFILE ! (front) 4ck Steffan Barney ! (on reverse)

ALL YOU NEED IS CHEESE

LAWNMOWERS OF THE WORLD UNITE AND MOW OVER

DEVIOUS, TRUCULENT AND UNRELIABLE ! (front) 2015 DATES/VENUES (on reverse)

PRIDE OF MANCHESTER (front) ANTHONY H WILSON (on reverse)

Also limited number of graffiti stencils GIMMICK SONG IS MURDER in birch plywood.

roseanne cash was johnnys daughter with his first wife who he divorced in the early 60s. its doubtful she recieved much of a financial windfall from the estate, its well known that the brunt of went to his son john carter cash.

roseanne cash had a successful career of her own and made her own money especially with the song seven year ache

Poor Ryanair !
Anyone heard that saying, Rags to rags in three generations ?

There has definitely been a shift of power over at TTY, it's looking like Steven Jong Un has lost faith in Julia Riley and has opted to hand over the zine in an attempt to gain maximum publicity to his budget brand Nephew Ryanair.
Riley's fate is yet unclear she hasn't been seen or heard of for several months and some fear she may have been fed to a pack of dogs or feral cats another possibility is she was turned into hamburger patties when Steven performed in his homeland Belfast at the Irish beef processing plant the biggest supplier of McDonalds meat in Europe.
All eyes will be on Silly Steven and the website True 2 Uncle in the forthcoming weeks when he performs four low key dates in Plymouth, Hull and London, no doubt the KingDum will come in for a bashing and how we should now all get behind Jeremy Korbunkle and hand over the British Falkland Islands to Argentina. ( I know ! I can hear the yawns myself )
One thing is for sure the Gimmick song will be rolled out to promote those stencil and t-shirt sales. (time to have a wee)
Whatever happens the police would like you to keep your eyes and ears out for Julia.
And don't forget you can be as brave as you like at these performances heckle as loud as you can, you could even take mini cheeses, but only if you want to !

A limited number of Brandbenny T-shirts will be available at the end of teach performance outside the venues priced £9.99

DEBUNKING IS ME !

GIMMICK SONG IS MURDER !

THIS STORY IS KERRYGOLD BUT IT GOES ON

I AM HATED FOR LYING

4CK c***RYFILE ! (front) 4ck Steffan Barney ! (on reverse)

ALL YOU NEED IS CHEESE

LAWNMOWERS OF THE WORLD UNITE AND MOW OVER

DEVIOUS, TRUCULENT AND UNRELIABLE ! (front) 2015 DATES/VENUES (on reverse)

PRIDE OF MANCHESTER (front) ANTHONY H WILSON (on reverse)a

Also limited number of graffiti stencils GIMMICK SONG IS MURDER in birch plywood.

UPDATE !

T-shirt Tony from Cheetham Hill has just phoned to say we also have

CRANKFRAUD ! CALL THE POLICE. (In midnight blue only)

The above has really made me want a t-shirt that says 'devious, truculent and unreliable' on it. I'm actually surprised this doesn't already exist as an official Morrissey concert shirt. I'd buy it!

roseanne cash had a successful career of her own and made her own money especially with the song seven year ache

...and her ex-husband Rodney Crowell is very successful with more than a few pennies to his name. There's no chance of Sam's wife ending up a pauper.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom