TTY: List of the Lost, number one

On Amazon Uk there is an audio book of List of the Lost that can be pre ordered, to be shipped in Nov? I wonder who is reading it?

Where are these numbers coming from? I can't find it anywhere all Amazon sites say unavailable..

Have a look at http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_c_0_14?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=morrissey+list+of+the+lost&sprefix=morrissey+list%2Caps%2C189, it says so behind the title (or, it did when I last looked.)

Naamloos.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Where are these numbers coming from? I can't find it anywhere all Amazon sites say unavailable..

#1 in Amazon UK's Best Sellers list in the Gothic Romance category
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Sellers-Books-Gothic-Romance/zgbs/books/277830/ref=zg_bs_nav_b_3_88

#1 in Amazon's Hot New Releases section in the Gothic Romance category
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/new-releases/books/277830/ref=zg_bsnr_nav_b_3_88

#1 in Amazon's Most Wished For section in the Gothic Romance category
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/most-wished-for/books/277830/ref=zg_mw_nav_b_3_88

I also wonder who/where and in what context Morrissey made that comment (like always). Does Julia email him asking for a comment on this pretty much non-news story or does Morrissey go out of his way to tell her to do this 'and here's a quote'? I imagine it's the former, and all these non-news stories on TTY come from Julia solely, despite the fact that certain people like to bash Morrissey for 'releasing' such meaningless statements. Morrissey generally signs and dates his own meaningless statements :rolleyes:

My guess is that they both post. Also, I wouldn't say this isn't news worthy. Being number one in anything you've done is an achievement. He should be proud, excited and nervous.

The title, the cover image, and this genre category together leave me completely guessing.

Yeah. I'm with you on that. Very strange.

Weird I couldn't find it, thanks for the info!

Actually, on closer inspection of the book's detail page, the following info is given:

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 87 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

#1 in Books > Fiction > Romance > Gothic
#27 in Books > Fiction > Literary Fiction
#30 in Books > Fiction > Romance > Contemporary

I would say that being #27 on their general Literary Fiction list and #87 overall (which also includes non-fiction, children's books etc) is quite an achievement. Then again, with us loyal fans buying the book on pre-order, this comes as little suprise to me. Wonder what its staying power will be, once the fanbase have bought their copies.

Jamie Oliver is in no danger of being dethroned, though.

Last edited:
Actually, on closer inspection of the book's detail page, the following info is :

Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 87 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)

#1 in Books > Fiction > Romance > Gothic
#27 in Books > Fiction > Literary Fiction
#30 in Books > Fiction > Romance > Contemporary

I would say that being #27 on Theke general Literary Fiction list and #87 overall (which also includes non-fiction, childrens' books etc) is quite an achievement. Then again, with us loyal fans buying the book on pre-order, this comes as little suprise to me. Wonder what its staying power will be, once the fanbase has bought their copies.

Jamie Oliver is in no danger of being dethroned, though.

Careful! On the 5th of June Jeremy Corbyn was 100/1 to win the Labour leadership election.

its gonna be a big seller in the book world at the end of the day

My UK pre-order has been in since announcement day. These new T-T-Y facts just make the anticipation more exciting! "Good times for a change..."

Last edited:
no 87 over all in the UK? NO 87? thats not good at all. this is no 87 in the UK!! the book has already bombed. no more books im sad to say.

comparing the new book with kiss me a lot is giving it the kiss of death.

Far be it for me to want and burst Morrissey's bubble, but those categories/genres would rarely have such a high profile release; it shouldn't make him too excited yet. He's not topping the paperback fiction chart or anything...

I also wonder who/where and in what context Morrissey made that comment (like always). Does Julia email him asking for a comment on this pretty much non-news story or does Morrissey go out of his way to tell her to do this 'and here's a quote'? I imagine it's the former, and all these non-news stories on TTY come from Julia solely, despite the fact that certain people like to bash Morrissey for 'releasing' such meaningless statements. Morrissey generally signs and dates his own meaningless statements :rolleyes:

In sort of answer to your question, Julia has taken a backseat when it comes to updating the site. 'Press' is handled by Sam Etsy Rayner. The increase in posts recently has been seen as way to divert negative stories - this site will post anything first of all put up by TTY, thus pushing anything outside of Camp Moz down the page and out of site.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom