tty ~ 'Kill Uncle' to be raised from the dead!

Not surprising news given that he's been slowly reissuing other albums. But still, welcome news on a Tuesday...

It will be interesting to see if Pashernate Love will still finish abruptly, or whether East West will be different to the original b-side.

Has the live version of There is a Place ever been heard / released before? Without PJLM I'm lost when it comes to working out this sort of stuff.

Dave

I'm waiting for 'your arsenal' and 'vauxhall and i' remasters...is that too much to ask for? i didn't think this would be remastered before those beauties.

Be careful what you wish for. While I'd love to see a vinyl reissue of Vauxhall and I I'd be afraid of Morrissey tampering with the track lists of either of those albums or changing their cover art.

I like them just fine as they are. But an actual reissue/remaster--i.e. keep the track list the same, might be nice.

I agree with pretty much all the criticisms various people have mentioned; adding Pashernate love when it's your arsenal era, live version of There is a place...No Tony the pony. But honestly, I love Kill Uncle so I'm excited to see a remastered one, especially since Morrissey isn't even a fan of it and I would have thought he'd never even bother. It would have been nice to have some of those songs that were never released properly, but having said all that I'll probably give in and buy it. :o

Everything degrades, even digital recordings. If you've got a copy of Kill Uncle from when it came out, it's not going to sound as good now as it did then

What? I have CDs that are even older, and they sound exactly the same as they did back then. Why wouldn't they? Unless the CD itself is rotting of course ... which happened to me only once.

For those not aware, this is the version that is going on the new 'Kill Uncle':

Oh I like that quite a bit. Maybe even more than the actual album version.

Still I don't like this business of taking songs off of albums and replacing them with other ones. Maybe as a bonus track or as part of a collection of unreleased material, but at least leave the original work partially in tact. I don't know maybe I'm just being irrational.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible cover art for re-issue?

jb_zpsfbc67a80.jpg

Ah yes clever Joseph !!!!
This dickhead is so clever he told the world on twitter that he was taking his son to the zoo for his first birthday. Then did a running commentry of the days events on twitter!!! What a plonker. Anyway the result was Mr house-Burglar goes round to joseph's cribb and helps himself. What prick in his right mind would do that ?
Joseph Barton top all round Bell-End.

Pashernate Love soundchecked live in NY 1991

Pashernate Love, Pregnant for the Last Time, Love My Love Life(live version) some
of my fave Morrissey songs. Oh, the memories. I just don't understand why he doesn't play some of these earlier songs live. Mind-boggling.

There is a soundcheck of Pashernate Love from New York in 1991. Not the live version that's out there.

Does anybody have a link to it?

Thanks.

I'm usually not happy about remasters changing original tracklist nor adding songs that were not recorded during the same sessions but I'm quite glad he moved Asian Rut from the beginning to the middle of the album, I've always thought that it was weirdly placed at the beginning, it's such a momentum killer. But adding Pashernate Love and East/West is just a cruel joke, Morrissey is turning into George Lucas :/

I guess this makes that terrible fan made Kill Uncle "remix" pretty redundant, bad timing for that guy!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom