tty ~ 'Kill Uncle' to be raised from the dead!

Not surprising news given that he's been slowly reissuing other albums. But still, welcome news on a Tuesday...

It will be interesting to see if Pashernate Love will still finish abruptly, or whether East West will be different to the original b-side.

Has the live version of There is a Place ever been heard / released before? Without PJLM I'm lost when it comes to working out this sort of stuff.

Dave

Awesome news. It's about time. :)
PS: TTP is a great song, dammit!

Is it just me, Or is 'Action', especially the chorus, remarkably similar to 'Paris' in structure and chords? Slap me if I'm preaching to the choir here.

P.

Completely agree. Action is almost Paris with different lyrics.

- marred.

Shame about the "There's A Place" switch, though - my personal preference was the piano version, I thought it fit the lyrics perfectly and sweetly.

Oh, I just noticed that... yeah, I totally agree. That's really a shame. It's one of my favorites from the album.

ALSO, the man's entitled to change his opinion on something. All these "HYPOCRITE!! :mock:" callers need to back the f*** off. Jesus.

I'm waiting for 'your arsenal' and 'vauxhall and i' remasters...is that too much to ask for? i didn't think this would be remastered before those beauties.

The three new songs as b-sides of 'Playboys' mean that there's no new album in sight.. It's not good.
But I liked to see the b-sides.. it's fair with these good songs.

Also...can people already shut up with the paint the vulgar picture references...we get it. It was witty and cool the first time but after countless remasters it gets annoying.

We're Re-issuing! Re-packaging! Re-evaluating the reference for the newer fans or for those who are fond of recycling.

Last edited:
We're Re-issuing! Re-packaging! Re-evaluating the reference for the newer fans or for those who are fond or recycling.

anyone with more 50 plus posts shouldn't be doing the references. I just can't wait till he posts this announcement on facebook! 1000 plus references to the song...funny thing is, it's in my top 5 smiths song list.

OMFG! I love that album! It was its sweetness in the sound that caught me at the time, as I recall. I'm a little bit sad though, My Love Life should be opening this remaster! I mean i'm ok with that re-tracking stuff, I got used to it now (still cannot did it though), but what I missed was the piano version of There's a Place...

...as for the 'new' single, I'm confused.

P.S. Sing Your Life, Our Frank, My Love Life (and maybe Picadilly Pallare?) really deserve spot on the set with his new band. They would sound just amazing!!! IMHO

It will be interesting to see if Pashernate Love will still finish abruptly

ithink you're thinkin of "There Speaks A True Friend" (or you don't understand the meaning of the word "abruptly").

Also...can people already shut up with the paint the vulgar picture references...we get it. It was witty and cool the first time but after countless remasters it gets annoying.

I have to buy EVERYTHING ALL OVER, both Smith and Moz-remastered disks
SO there's where older fans get frustrated-He has been reissuing and repackaging
since Quarry countless times now:annoying is feeling taken advantage of.
although as soon as i heard about' remasters 'I knew - the song made fun of this greed.
And I as far I know ,he hasn't even died yet

these releases are getting more and more pathetic and non-sensical. Kill Uncle re-issue with Bona Drag and Your Arsenal b-sides added to the track list? re-release of one of his greatest singles from the 90's heyday TLOTFIP backed by BBC versions of his incredibly inferior new material?

if you want to release the new songs, release them on their own- don't try to dress them up in past glories.

and if you're going to re-issue Kill Uncle, maybe including some songs from the Kill Uncle-era would make sense.

because Morrissey appears incapable of releasing a proper non-album track compilation, i've fashioned my own:

Bona Moz (Viva Hate/Bona Drag-era non-album tracks*)
1. At Amber
2. The Last of the Famous International Playboys
3. Interesting Drug
4. Ouija Board, Ouija Board
5. He Knows I'd Love To See Him
6. I Know Very Well How I Got My Name
7. Oh Well, I'll Never Learn
8. Please Help The Cause Against Loneliness
9. East West
10. Hairdresser On Fire
11. Piccadilly Palare
12. Sister, I'm A Poet
13. Lucky Lisp
14. Such A Little Thing Makes Such A Big Difference
15. Girl Least Likely To
16. Yes, I Am Blind
17. Michael's Bones
18. Will Never Marry
19. November Spawned A Monster
20. Disappointed

*Hairdresser on Fire included for me on US version of Viva Hate but thrown in here as well for balance, Get Off The Stage, Striptease With a Difference, Oh Phoney, Treat Me Like A Human Being, Happy Lovers United and Lifeguard On Duty left off

My Love Life (Kill Uncle/Your Arsenal-era non-album tracks*)
1. Pashernate Love
2. Journalists Who Lie
3. There Speaks a True Friend
4. Fantastic Bird
5. Pregnant for the Last Time
6. Let the Right One Slip In
7. Trash (live)
8. Cosmic Dancer (live)
9. The Loop
10. Skin Storm
11. Jack the Ripper
12. That's Entertainment
13. I've Changed My Plea to Guilty (UK version)
14. You've Had Her
15. My Love Life (UK version)

*Tony the Pony included for me on US version of Kill Uncle, Born to Hang left off

Whatever Happens, I Love You (Vauxhall and I/World of Morrissey/Southpaw Grammar-era non-album tracks)
1. Whatever Happens, I Love You
2. Have-a-Go Merchant
3. Boxers
4. Honey, You Know Where to Find Me
5. Sunny
6. A Swallow on My Neck
7. You Must Please Remember
8. Interlude (extended version with Siouxsie Sioux)
9. I'd Love To (UK version)
10. Nobody Loves Us
11. Black-Eyed Susan
12. You Should Have Been Nice to Me
13. Moonriver (extended version)

This is Not Your Country EP (Maladjusted-era non-album tracks)
1. Heir Apparent
2. Now I Am a Was
3. I Can Have Both
4. This is Not Your Country
5. Lost
6. The Edges Are No Longer Parallel

The Never-Played Symphonies (You Are the Quarry-era non-album tracks*)
1. My Life is a Succession of People Saying Goodbye
2. It's Hard to Walk Tall When You're Small
3. Don't Make Fun of Daddy's Voice
4. Munich Air Disaster, 1958
5. Mexico
6. I Am Two People
7. Redondo Beach (live)
8. Teenage Dad on His Estate
9. Slum Mums
10. Friday Mourning
11. The Public Image
12. The Never-Played Symphonies
13. No One Can Hold a Candle to You

*I'm Playing Easy-to-Get and Noise is the Best Revenge left off

If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me (Ringleader of the Tormentors/Years of Refusal-era non-album tracks)
1. Human Being
2. Good Looking Man About Town
3. I Knew I Was Next
4. If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look at Me
5. Children In Pieces
6. Shame Is The Name
7. Ganglord
8. Christian Dior
9. Because of My Poor Education
10. My Dearest Love
11. A Song from Under the Floorboards
12. Sweetie-Pie
13. Drive-In Saturday (live)

completists might want to throw in the lesser tracks i've chosen to leave off (and those with UK versions of Kill Uncle will want to throw in Tony the Pony), but these along with the albums cover things off nicely- much better than what Moz has been able to do.

You don't have to do anything. If you feel obligated to, that's your hang-up. Don't blame Morrissey.

But if you want to buy these things, then what are you complaining about?

SO there's where older fans get frustrated-He has been reissuing and repackaging

So...he's pulling the wool over your eyes? No.

He's saying, "this is what I'm doing with Kill Uncle. It's remastered and rearranged and it's a bit different than it was 20 years ago. Buy it if you like."

Have the Kill Uncle tracks been remastered before? No. Has East West ever been available on an LP? No. Yet you feel taken advantage of because what, you might throw down 20 bucks on a reissue of his every year? Wow, what a rapist Morrissey is.

although as soon as i heard about' remasters 'I knew - the song made fun of this greed.

Actually, Paint a Vulgar Picture is about record company c***s capitalizing on the death of an artist. And you're right, Morrissey isn't dead yet. But these are his releases; he is overseeing them and he has total creative control regarding content. We are getting maybe one or two a year. Hardly a bombardment of greed on his part. And frankly, in lieu of a fresh record deal that will yield LPs of new material, yes, I'll take what he has to offer in the interim.

in defence of Kill Uncle, just over the years most people saying it was his least likable album. I've always
liked it, more because with Kill Uncle He made a big tour, a huge succesfull one, therefore Itreasure
the album

It's recorded about 22 years ago, so a remaster is in my opinion make it sound better, the recordings nowadays, is much bettter than
20+ years ago

So thumbs up, adding pregnant is OK, it was great hearing it live in 1991,

Adding a cover is not OK also a b-side from an Arsenal single [Tomorrow] with seaks a true friend and pashernate love

The Loop woul've suited in a live recording, but is on Beethove was Deaf

Haven't read the extra's but 'east west' is not Ok, 'That's Entertainment' was a single and cover [the Jam around Kill Uncle time, also played live

I give it a listen, and surely will buy it, just because it's remastered.

Kill Unlce, glad it's been debated here and get remastered, hope more poeple will rank it higher than before

Pointless release intended for people with more money than sense. If you already own Kill Uncle, there's no point buying this crap. Just as with Viva Hate, the 'remastering' of these songs will make absolutely no discernible difference to its sound.

anyone with more 50 plus posts shouldn't be doing the references. I just can't wait till he posts this announcement on facebook! 1000 plus references to the song...funny thing is, it's in my top 5 smiths song list.

Is that the magic number?

The reason everyone and their sisters are referencing this song is because Moz is doing EXACTLY the thing he cried... sang out against just a few songs back. To not mention/acknowledge it, is to ignore the elephant in the room or be in complete denial. Same thing I suppose.

I agree, Paint a Vulgar Picture IS a brilliant track. One of my top Smiths songs as well.

My advice to Morrissey would be to make a new album instead of remastering, repackaging, and rearranging old albums. But perhaps he knows something we don't: Can he still make a good album?

Anyway, the original Kill Uncle track listing is the real Kill Uncle. Don't need someone 20 some years later to sell it back to me with this added and that subtracted. I can rearrange and mix and match the songs on my own, thanks.

You don't have to buy squat! Even if the re-issues were heroin packets, which they are NOT, you wouldn't need to buy them! Get a hold of yourself, man! :D

And don't blame Moz for your consuming addiction. He may the dealer but you are CHOOSING to be the junkie.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom