TTY: Jobriath Takes The Bus (bus ad in Kojak scene, 1974)

gotta say i have never liked kojak. he does a good job in the role but never liked the show. doesnt hold a candle top either columbo or rockford

Ah Columbo ! :thumb: Especially the early seasons (better quality filming&creativity). What an actor!... Days when actors brought character to acting.
It's a dying art my friends... Or is it already dead ?

Rockford... not too much.

But I do recommend..... & I've watched them all... ' DEPARTMENT S ' Starring the wonderful... Peter Wyngarde ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3rCpSaOVuo&index=1&list=PLKeEc_ReZqLfUkUtLAvr4X7S9QtU6Doyp ....great theme music too !

Last edited:
got the Jobriath album as a birthday present long time ago, 90's...and indeed I'm a man is for me the
best on the album, which sleeve is half what you see here, if you want to see the whole picture.

wasn't a big fan of lollipop bald head, whose first name is the same as mine

nice scoop, must've been a rerun bored following the crime inspector, and watchiong details, or whatever

Jobriath made music that is turgid drivel. That's why his albums sank like a stone.

I think if there were a forum dedicated to Jobro, Morrissey would be posting there. He's just like one of us! That's so cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Also, this just in: Kojak is apparently "obscure". Message me on soulseek, Moz. I'm literally on there 24/7! :o

You underestimate the man. He did far more than that, he bought the rights to Jonriath's entire back catalogue.

there is a jobriath documentary where even the film maker that the chance of that type of music being commercially relevant at the time were none. also on the doc jobriath label head talks about the huge marketing campaign being a myth. the reality is that nobody outside of nyc ever heard of jobriath. he also had a prior album as member of a band that was just as awful

Ah Columbo ! :thumb: Especially the early seasons (better quality filming&creativity). What an actor!... Days when actors brought character to acting.
It's a dying art my friends... Or is it already dead ?

Rockford... not too much.

But I do recommend..... & I've watched them all... ' DEPARTMENT S ' Starring the wonderful... Peter Wyngarde ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3rCpSaOVuo&index=1&list=PLKeEc_ReZqLfUrockford kUtLAvr4X7S9QtU6Doyp ....great theme music too !

Rockford was great in the sense that it broke many p.I. stereotypes. No secretary, doesn't like guns, always had to sucker punch his way out a they didn't make him a big tough guy. Was also neat to see the stigma surrounding ex cons in those times and just the seventies in general and the decline of the sixties ideals. Angel is also a great character plus all of the guest stars. There like a bajillion really interesting guest spots and his father rocky won a couple of awards for his acting. Different than columbo as that's a straight detective show as he's a police officer while Rockford I think was more about the social norms of the time

there is a jobriath documentary where even the film maker that the chance of that type of music being commercially relevant at the time were none. also on the doc jobriath label head talks about the huge marketing campaign being a myth. the reality is that nobody outside of nyc ever heard of jobriath. he also had a prior album as member of a band that was just as awful

Yes Pigeon Jobriath's first band ... much in the 6o's style Prog thing going on there, yes not too hot...but STILL interesting.
But by the 70's he was allowed and given the means to blossom into the star he is and always will be.

So what! ...the myth or not about the publicity machine !? They obviously didn't push the 'product' as they should have,they haven't a clue how to ! OLD STORY. And it DOES make a difference... As you can see/hear all the unlistenable CRAP pushed onto the sheep/public daily.... The CRAP that somehow is actually bought.

AND.... by the way... NYC...IS the world. Everywhere else is just playing second fiddle... badly.

Last edited:
Rockford was great in the sense that it broke many p.I. stereotypes. No secretary, doesn't like guns, always had to sucker punch his way out a they didn't make him a big tough guy. Was also neat to see the stigma surrounding ex cons in those times and just the seventies in general and the decline of the sixties ideals. Angel is also a great character plus all of the guest stars. There like a bajillion really interesting guest spots and his father rocky won a couple of awards for his acting. Different than columbo as that's a straight detective show as he's a police officer while Rockford I think was more about the social norms of the time

Thanks for this informative insight, I'll give Rockford another try. :)

moz liked them nobody else. there must have a reason that after the 5 billion dollar promo campaign his records bombed.

'moz liked them nobody else' ?!? 'nobody else' ? 'them' ...Jobriath is ONE. I'm afraid you don't know what or who you're talking about. Google IS your friend. And maybe YOUR ONLY friend.

the jobriath albums never even charted. they were bombs from the get go. bombs with operatic pretensions.

did anyone hear the lost musical that went along with the dvd. how was it

the jobriath albums never even charted. they were bombs from the get go. bombs with operatic pretensions.

' bombs with operatic pretensions ' ? Wow,NOW THAT sounds like music to me. FIRE AWAY ! I'll be there ready to receive anything that your 'taste in music' calls... bad. :)

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom