TTY: Hope - new mayor aims to turn Turin into Italy's first 'vegan city'

An anonymous person sends the link:

Hope - true-to-you.net
24 July 2016

38890_image_1.jpg

Very laudable. But a misleading headline. The story promises the promotion of vegan and vegetarian lifestyles and awareness of animal welfare. That's not turning Turin into a vegan city. But still, it's laudable.

Last edited:
What are they going to do with all the fat tourists from New York and Philadelphia that go there demanding Meatballs, Salami sandwiches, Sausage, and "Cheese Steaks"? They are going to lose money.

right. the benefits of not eating meant
turning blue and keeling over being the most important one.

I remember when the smoking ban was first mentioned and everyone said it would never happen,if you enforce it then people will get used to it.would think it more of educating people than anything else.

I don't know if it's the same as the smoking ban. Second hand smoke and someone's decision to smoke and harm those around them is what led to the ban right. I don't see how anyone's harmed by someons eating a ham sandwich near them so I don't think there will be quite the same reaction and drive. Education is always good though for choice though

I think it's an inevitability that the world will eventually be vegan. of course that doesn't do much good for the suffering of animals or for the planet now, but I see more and more positive choices being made in that direction all the time.

Thank gawd. The mayor of Turin speaks the language of so many of us out here, Good Luck to her & her city. Proud to be vegan in this meat obsessed & brain dead world. Meat burgers KILL. No excuses.

A step in the right direction !

THERE IS ALLWAYS HOPE !!!! :)

And all the terrible blood sports which plague this earth will be a thing of the past in the very near future 2 ! and the psychopaths who tourchere and slaughter these innocent creatures for sadistic pleasure, will be helped and healed of there self hate and anger ! :)

Last edited:
eating animals is destroying this planet. And if you live on this planet then it is affecting you.

And the most direct harm is inflicted against somebody. Namely the farmed animals.

eating animals is destroying this planet. And if you live on this planet then it is affecting you.

But it's not very direct like it is with/was with second hand smoke which is why I don't think you'll see the same drive and acceptance for a ban of meat products. That's the point of the comparison. Fossil fuels hurt the planet but they haven't been baned. Obesity drains public health care funds and is harmful to individuals but people aren't made to be a certain weight or face fines. No ones banned fat yet. The point is that the comparison isn't a good and you can't draw the conclusion that people will just get used to it like they did the smoking ban. It's more like the fossil fuel issue where they will probably, if it happens at all, will just better regulate the industry for polluting efficiency. Also convincing people to not buy animal products is a way as is making vegan options widely available and affordable. If people do eventually become a vegan society it'll probably follow this path rather than have it forced on them with a ban of some sort

Try here - https://www.happycow.net/europe/italy/turin/

Not a bad selection at all for a medium size city like this.

There are also little supermarkets like "Pam" that do a lot of veg. stuff, e.g.

8yHRoGu.jpg
I was wondering.
Why is all this vegetarian/vegan "stuff" formed in a shape of the meat "stuff". E.g. veggie burger in a shape of a regular one, meatless sausage in a shape of a real sausage.:brows: I mean if this stuff is made for people who hate meat, shouldn't it be in a shape of a tomato, or cucumber, etc. ?

A step in the right direction !

THERE IS ALLWAYS HOPE !!!! :)

And all the terrible blood sports which plague this earth will be a thing of the past in the very near future 2 ! and the psychopaths who tourchere and slaughter these innocent creatures for sadistic pleasure, will be helped and healed of there self hate and anger ! :)
Midnite,
ease up on the punctuation marks and bold font. It looks like you are pissed off a lot.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom