TTY has a fantastic new letter from Morrissey!!!

retroussé nose

loveless and lovelorn
Apologies if this is old news, but I'm just too excited after seeing both Helsinki and Ruisrock listed amongst Morrissey's favourite gigs on the tour.

Wonderful reading.

there is use of his term: "classically ignored" again (as from THE EMAIL). good stuff.

Quote:
Thanks to everyone who bought Ringleader of the Tormentors; I'm sorry it remains classically ignored by radio, not to mention those delightful awards events - but, if you really think the Mercury or Brit awards have anything at all to do with musical merit then your brain is probably 75% plutonium-proof concrete. Yes, it's a snake pit.

I love this letter. Kicking in ALL directions.
But still, True to US!
:)

retroussé nose said:
Wonderful reading.

Very true.

Barcelonely - arhh Mozzer!

I know this is trivial (and boring) but I'm pedantic on grammatical matters - do you think Julia changes the spellings to American English or does Morrissey write in American English?

see that? he couldn't bring himself to admit that Austin was the coolest city on the entire tour!

*sigh* i'm already missing it.

Hello!
Can anybody explain this stupid Italian if the quote from the TV guy is a joke about homosexuality?
And who is he? Why did he have a go on Moz?
Rocco Sifredi

Quote of the decade:"...magnetically talented people at Warners are far too busy rolling their own tampons to allow art and creativity to take them away from their work."

How many other artists.....

Goodnight,

Peter

Rocco Sifredi said:
Hello!
Can anybody explain this stupid Italian if the quote from the TV guy is a joke about homosexuality?
And who is he? Why did he have a go on Moz?
Rocco Sifredi

The TV guy had a go at Morrissey regarding Morrissey's comments on animal testing.

Happiness said:
Very true.

Barcelonely - arhh Mozzer!

I know this is trivial (and boring) but I'm pedantic on grammatical matters - do you think Julia changes the spellings to American English or does Morrissey write in American English?

No way would she dare change his grammar!

I must say, I'm immensely happy he turned down the acting part.

I just saw his acting debut the other day for the first time and I was embarrassed for him. I'm happy he has the presence of mind to realize his limitations. So many don't (Stephen Baldwin comes to mind).

Happiness said:
You're probably right - Ed's laptop must be set to American English!

yeah i always just figured he typed on a Word processor with the spell check set to American English. However, i just checked my Microsift Word processor and it recognizes both spellings--american and british--as being correct. so perhaps he just writes that way. I honeslty switch off between the two without even thinking about it. I'm under the assumption it is acceptable to spell either way these days regardless who you are and where you are from.

Morrissey's posting on True to you had me laughing out loud. I think it gave a great insight into how he is thinking currently and also how grateful he is that the fans have supported him even though mainstram radio continues to ignore him. He is obviously very proud of Ringleader as he should be but I suspect he felt it should have been better and more widely received. The only comment I was slightly disapointed with was his insistence that the current band are the most talented he has worked with. I feel Alain deserves a mention after all he has done for Moz in the past but alas Alain is now playing to 200/300 people max and covering some smiths songs.

I must agree that it always annoys me also that journalists cannot review Moz's solo output in isolation without referencing THe Smiths. I dont think thats fair. Paul Weller Ian Brown are artists that never seem to have this problem.

Richard Madely comment was hilariousand also Barcalonley. Really enjoyed the read he is sharing with us exactly how he feels which he really never has done before so true to you.net finally has some use

does this mean that there is no us tour, i am panicy.

zom

zom said:
does this mean that there is no us tour, i am panicy.

zom

i took the statement to mean end of Summer Europe Tour...so i'm not worried. Probably no mention of US tour because he doesn't want to make any promises. So...perhaps he's taking a break and then will get to planning a US tour...though probably a small one.

And if not, lets just put the blame where it belongs...Sanctuary perhaps ruined his career in the US.

Puddle said:
i took the statement to mean end of Summer Europe Tour...so i'm not worried. Probably no mention of US tour because he doesn't want to make any promises. So...perhaps he's taking a break and then will get to planning a US tour...though probably a small one.

And if not, lets just put the blame where it belongs...Sanctuary perhaps ruined his career in the US.

well in keeping with our current us foriegn policy here is my preemptive:

DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT.

zom

I loved the letter! It is written in such a personal way, as if he is sharing his thoughts with an old friend.

I am also really happy, that I was lucky enough to be a part of the last Palladium show, that was indeed the dream come true and I'm pleased that live tracks from that show are gonna be released as the B-sides on the forthcoming single.
It is also nice that he apologized for the First Palladium show.

And Richard comment made me laugh out loud in the middle of the night!

Regarding the American spelling: all PCs I've ever owned always did spell-check in American English. So I think that's just standard.

It seems like he didn't like Imola's audience: why?Too disinterested?:confused:
And well, he doesn't mention Rome :( . Anyway he wrote he liked every show except Gateshead and Imola.

Back
Top Bottom