TTY: Gail Shea in search of a new hobby

a) "Since Gail Shea thinks it is morally correct of Canada to dispense with unwanted beings by slicing their heads open with an axe, hopefully this same fate will happen to Shea"

So I guess wishing death on humans is OK then, but animals most certainly not.

b) "...although given her 78% pork girth it could take nine wielding axemen and at least six daylight hours to finish her off."

Wait. What? Morrissey is taking the piss out of someone for being fat? Jesus f***ing Christ. Shameful. Absolutely shameful. Seriously Morrissey, f*** off, and lay off the vodka.

f***s sake.

She is a politician and she is totally ok with the fact that innocent baby seals are brutally killed...You guys should complain about this fact and not about Morrissey's commenting on her fatness. Morrissey really cares about animals and environment issues and she replied saying he is searching for a hobby...So, i ask you: who is mean and heartless? Morrissey or this "politician"? Her reply to Morrissey's protest is disgusting. To me she's not only out of shape but also stupid and cruel as hell!

I want to understand.And I can step back and see both points of view. But criticizing someone who has the power to or would like to if they were put into that position of power to pass laws that would directly or indirectly cause harm or death to other living beings/creatures... Does this not ask for 'vicious' criticism?

I think there's a difference between those kind of actions that are/should be criticized and the actions(imaginary or not) that people on this board make to criticize M for. I mean the deaths of defenseless animals compared to lets say someones opinion/review about a recent book.

I can't defend the hypocrisy that Morrissey displays here with his incitation of violence against Gail Shea (it's not the first time he has shown this hypocritical attitude and it won't be the last; I don't see how he isn't aware of the fact that it is an ineffective persuasion technique).

He also blabs on about an issue and tries to spin it a certain way when he clearly doesn't have any context. I mean, I would dare to bet that he only took an interest in Canadian politics the moment some viewer on election night sent that photo to True To You. My general rule is, if you want to express an opinion about something, do your due diligence and become educated enough so that you can actually speak intelligently about it. Morrissey saying simply that "her support dramatically diminished" and implying that it had much to do with their little spat months ago is rather pathetic.

Last edited:
Where are you during the thousands of posts addressing Morrissey's figure/hairline/drinking habits/sexuality???
That's fair game I assume?

Can I ask in sincerity what period of Morrissey it was you first became a fan?

Because if it was from the beginning/early solo years then surely you must know that Morrissey has been like this from the VERY beginning.
Some instances of him being ''purile'' ''harsh'' or even ''childish'':

The Queen is Dead
Magaret on The Guillotine - ''When will you die?''
Frankly Mr Shankly - Said to be a direct attack on Geoff Travis
You're the One For Me, Fatty

The list is endless. I don't mean to patronise or give a lecture (I'm sure you know all this), but for someone who so vehemently upholds they are such a big fan of his, a large part of what makes Morrissey who he is, (you could say outspoken... or others would say maybe he had a... BIGMOUTH) seems to just pass you by as a personality defect.

Your stance is sort of like ''I absoloutely love apple pie, always have done, but I'll be damned if I'm going to put apple anywhere near my mouth.''

I respectfully disagree with the idea what you do constitutes ''protest'' or ''for the greater good'' that's a stance that borders on delusion also.

Is it OK to take the piss out of someone for their body size? Yes or no? One of the two words is an answer. Go ahead.

She is a politician and she is totally ok with the fact that innocent baby seals are brutally killed...You guys should complain about this fact and not about Morrissey's commenting on her fatness. Morrissey really cares about animals and environment issues and she replied saying he is searching for a hobby...So, i ask you: who is mean and heartless? Morrissey or this "politician"? Her reply to Morrissey's protest is disgusting. To me she's not only out of shape but also stupid and cruel as hell!

Agreed, finally some sense amongst the senseless semantics!!

I don't think Morrissey understands the context at all.

The irony is, of course, and probably the reason Morrissey couldn't resist writing this uninformed post, is that the Liberal candidate that defeated her happened to be named Morrissey as well.

As ever people read far too much into that post. "Context" is completely irrelevant here. The only thing Morrissey has still a go at is her previous comment that he is "JUST another millionaire searching for a hobby". Get a grip.

Is it OK to take the piss out of someone for their body size? Yes or no? One of the two words is an answer. Go ahead.

Well I'll ask you the same.

You're not vocal AT ALL when it is Morrissey's body in the firing line. Not one bit. So why is their a hierarchy of acceptability for this politician?

To me your inability, or lack of effort to answer any of my questions is a little telling.

Whilst you haven't given me the courtesy of attempting even a simple explanation to my questions, I will say that no I don't think it is acceptable.
HOWEVER I do think it is in certain contexts forgiveable. If someone was to call David Cameron a ''pudgy'' pig f***er I think my attention would be more on the fact that he f***ed a pig, as opposed to whether or not this grown man in a position of unbridled power had his figure disparaged.

Similarly with this story.

Personally I find your tack of avoiding questioning and refocusing of topics onto trivialities similar to what a politician or spin doctor would do. It's very strange. Surely the topic at hand is this deplorable woman, not a singular insult?

Also feel absoloutely free to reply to me with as many words as you see fit, I apologise that this answer didn't fit your ''Yes/No'' criteria, hope that isn't a problem for you.

Oh the irony...defeated by Bobby MORRiSSEY, our man must have had a good laugh at that , so many things right for Morrissey this year, makes up for all the wrongs.

In this world it is enough for a man to have distinction and brains for every common tongue to wag against him. And what sort of lives do these people, who pose as being moral, lead themselves? Sin is a thing that writes across a (wo)man's face. It cannot be concealed.
away, away, away Shea, to deep, deep, deep sea...

Morrissey? Is that you?

Is she a dictator that makes personal decisions? Shouldn't Morrissey's post be more focused on the government she represents and not her? Are you aware of the process that needs to take place in order for something to become law?

Why didn't Morrssey comment on the positive fact that the government has CHANGED and say that he hopes he can use his influence to contact the NEW minister of the NEW GOVENRMENT to do his part to bring about CHANGE?

I guess a proactive and practical approach would be too much to ask. Let's just boycott an entire country and remain uninformed and uninvolved instead.

Sorry, his conduct here does nothing helpful and is embarrassing.

I think it's only fair that we put a face to the person you have no problem cruelly berating. Why doesn't Morrissey challenge her to a duel next?

045-300x225.jpg

Last edited:
I can't defend the hypocrisy that Morrissey displays here with his incitation of violence against Gail Shea (it's not the first time he has shown this hypocritical attitude and it won't be the last; I don't see how he isn't aware of the fact that it is an ineffective persuasion technique).

He also blabs on about an issue and tries to spin it a certain way when he clearly doesn't have any context. I mean, I would dare to bet that he only took an interest in Canadian politics the moment some viewer on election night sent that photo to True To You. My general rule is, if you want to express an opinion about something, do your due diligence and become educated enough so that you can actually speak intelligently about it. Morrissey saying simply that "her support dramatically diminished" and implying that it had much to do with their little spat months ago is rather pathetic.

Good to know. With that logic nobody on this forum has the right to comment on things like ... well, let me see, record contracts, the working of the music industry, how to handle the life as a public figure, the making of an album etc. etc. It would be very silent around here.

I don't get worked up about the things he says because I accept the reality of the way he is. I've met the man, engaged in conversation, and although he is and always will be my greatest musical hero, he is not exactly the man I hoped he would be. But then again, are any of us really?

I applaud him for his conviction regarding animal welfare, and I too celebrate the fact that Shea is gone as well, although for me I am just happy another conservative is out of parliament. The seal issue, however, is another thing entirely.

Yes I am Canadian. I am Canadian who has never eaten a seal, nor known anyone who has. I have never clubbed a seal, nor met anyone anyone who has, nor a person whom even condones its practice. Yet I am lumped in with them, solely because I am Canadian. As a Canadian, I have absolutely no political influence as to whether an aboriginal person in this country can kill a seal for food and fur. Likely the same for our Ministers, who help legislate in the country where the average minority government lasts just over a year. There is no political will in this country to demand that we force our native people to give up their way of life because we are offended by it - even though we have already taken so much from them. To believe that the seal fishing industry is this enormous entity in Canada is wrong. It is no more true than believing that Canadians all live in igloos.

Yet, Morrissey has turned his back on us. He chose to isolate Canada for this reason, baffling really. If his convictions were so steadfast I am surprised he even leaves his home. Money is the reason. He still plays border towns; lots of money to be had there. And sycophants too. He really loves those sycophants.

This is a good post and further speaks to Morrissey's lack of understanding of the entire issue.

It's unfortunate that he takes this peripheral approach of alienation rather than trying to actively bring about change in something he believes in. Whether he is right or wrong is almost secondary, for there is a right and wrong way to go about dealing with a contentious issue and he is in a position where people would listen more if he didn't choose to use such idiotic persuasive tactics.

Last edited:
So now you can come back to Canada for some shows....

Well, the government has changed, a point he decides to totally ignore in favour of his personal attack on Gail Shea. Wait, I thought this was supposed to be about the poor seals?

Bobby Morrissey!!! haha that was awesome.

And to say Morrissey is making fun of fat people or condoning the killing of humans with his comments is imho missing the point here.

Derek17 said:
Why doesn't Morrissey challenge her to a duel next?

Because Morrissey isn't a duel kind of person. He's a virtual kind of person. An internet kind of person. He has no interest in meeting people in the flesh. Otherwise, he'd be packing for a break before he breaks down right now. :)

Spewing hatred and nonsense via TTY, locked inside himself, that's his hobby. Isn't it, Mogwissi? Yesh yesh yesh. Isn't that nice.

Holiday, Morrissey? Up to you, mate.

Your question demonstrates the fundamental flaw in your logic. Rarely is reality black and white, one or the other. In a dispute, both parties can be wrong and out of line. Middle ground should be searched for, not a flood to one extreme or the other.

Gail Shea previously never made any cruel comments, unless we should consider calling Morrissey "desperate for a hobby" an absolute slash at his very being. That was the most vicious attack lobbed at Morrissey from Shea's office, and given Morrissey's demonstrated lack of knowledge, perhaps they had a point. If you can't do your homework and learn the facts of an issue, you really don't deserve to be speaking publicly on an issue and would be better advised to educate yourself on the topic first or do something else. That's fair enough and rather practical.

Morrissey actually compared rural and Aboriginal Canadians to Nazis in his response from 2014. This is typical impractical Morrissey, and it does not lead to a constructive debate.

Your question demonstrates the fundamental flaw in your logic. Rarely is reality black and white, one or the other. In a dispute, both parties can be wrong and out of line. Middle ground should be searched for, not a flood to one extreme or the other.

Gail Shea previously never made any cruel comments, unless we should consider calling Morrissey "desperate for a hobby" an absolute slash at his very being. That was the most vicious attack lobbed at Morrissey from Shea's office, and given Morrissey's demonstrated lack of knowledge, perhaps they had a point. If you can't do your homework and learn the facts of an issue, you really don't deserve to be speaking publicly on an issue and would be better advised to educate yourself on the topic first or do something else. That's fair enough and rather practical.

Morrissey actually compared rural and Aboriginal Canadians to Nazis in his response from 2014. This is typical impractical Morrissey, and it does not lead to a constructive debate.

Well, then go and provide a constructive debate instead of commenting on someone you say is NOT constructive.

Because Morrissey isn't a duel kind of person. He's a virtual kind of person. An internet kind of person. He has no interest in meeting people in the flesh. Otherwise, he'd be packing for a break before he breaks down right now. :)

Spewing hatred and nonsense via TTY, locked inside himself, that's his hobby. Isn't it, Mogwissi? Yesh yesh yesh. Isn't that nice.

Holiday, Morrissey? Up to you, mate.

that was wonderfully semisensical.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's try to stick to the debate at hand then.....

Morrissey: anti-murder; this Shea person: pro-murder. Talk amongst yourselves.

nothing written about Bobby Morrisseys pork girth. Of course a man's pork girth is a different thing entirely.

And surely if Shea's girth were indeed pork, those axe men would be wielding their weapon on a defenceless pig.

Thirdly this post has a very 'needless to say, I had the last laugh' air about it. That's just pointless.

It's not fun to poke fun at people of weight. Morrissey is not just ripping on this politician but making a degrading statement towards fat people. That's petty harsh. He's done it before of course. Moz fans come in all shapes and sizes. Although I've witnessed Morrissey fans in real non online life doing the same. Proving he really is Ringleader of the Tormentors.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom