TTY fall out with Morrissey?

A

Anonymous

before wishing morrissey a happy birthday, TTY hadn't posted anything in months. Multiple instances morrissey issued statements that were not posted on TTY.

1.) Gustavo posted a statement issued by morrissey regarding the French election debates. Then issued another statement explaining his original statement. Both posted from Gustavo's facebook page.

2.) Jesse posting on instagram an interview question that Daily Mail left out of its print (disliking Theresa May bc of fox hunting)

3.) Morrissey Official facebook posting morrissey's reaction of Manchester's terror attack.

Now i find this curious because these 3 things are something that would be posted on TTY. does anyone have any insider info?

Gustavo said True To You was currently out of action, though I'm not sure if Julia stopped as she is ill, or has walked away/been ejected from the Morrissey camp. It sounded like it may come back, if they can get control of it from her.

When and where did Gustavo say that TTY is out of action?
Why is it being speculated upon that Julia is ill? If she is then I wish her a speedy recovery.
Why has Morrissey chosen this scatter gun, statement approach (with no direct link to himself?)
If any of the sites/platform are posting without Morrissey's consent or it is not him why doesn't he just set up a site/platform and say so.
TTY is a badly outdated site but at least when something was posted on it you knew it to be directly linked to Morrissey.
I hope to see a statement on TTY soon that clarifies the OFFICIAL Morrissey facebook page is not Morrissey's, he has no links to it and that the Manchester statement that appeared on it is not Morrissey's.

I would also like to get clear about the status of the Official Morrissey Facebook page. When the Trojan logo was posted a few days ago no one here questioned the authenticity of the message. When the Manchester statement was posted, on the other hand, there were several that pointed out that it is not Morrissey's account.

I would also like to get clear about the status of the Official Morrissey Facebook page. When the Trojan logo was posted a few days ago no one here questioned the authenticity of the message. When the Manchester statement was posted, on the other hand, there were several that pointed out that it is not Morrissey's account.

I think in both cases people were just trying to be hopeful

I don't mean to be harsh, but you dunces are lost. All the statements posted on Morrissey Official are Officially UNOFFICIAL as with TTY, Gustavo, Jesse and so on. Morrissey will always publicly deny them because YES, HE doesn't post it, others do, but they are his words. Get it?

It is true that Gustavo said, 'True To You" is out of action or something to that effect. SOMETHING is DEFINITELY going on with TTY but I know nothing more and I'm not sure anyone does. Gustavo did not elaborate but did say he was helping M post things until TTY gets sorted out or something to that effect.

The scatter gun approach is in line with THIS and Is it really so strange for Morrissey to duck and dodge like a boxer?:
5160VJ6XW6L.jpg

Seriously, it's like you people have not taken MORRISSEY 101, do I need to start a class?

Doesn't matter if TTY is badly outdated, that isn't THE POINT.

I hope to see a statement on TTY soon that clarifies the OFFICIAL Morrissey facebook page is not Morrissey's, he has no links to it and that the Manchester statement that appeared on it is not Morrissey's.
Keep hoping. And I hate to break it to you, it IS Morrissey's statement.

The people who follow and link to that account are real and are in the 'inner circle' - it reads like a who's who of the Morrissey world.
They don't follow a 'parody' account.
The OP should add the Sam dynamic to their list as not only has he posted statements from Moz, but as he has become more involved - TTY has dwindled.
Coincidence?
Regards,
FWD.

The people who follow and link to that account are real and are in the 'inner circle' - it reads like a who's who of the Morrissey world.
They don't follow a 'parody' account.
The OP should add the Sam dynamic to their list as not only has he posted statements from Moz, but as he has become more involved - TTY has dwindled.
Coincidence?
Regards,
FWD.

What account, the FB Morrissey Official account? Yeah, it's pretty obvious it's real. People should be happy! To be fair, there are people that aren't adept to social media and I get that and I understand, but if you weren't before...this is your calling card or wake up call. Morrissey is DEFINITELY ONLINE but he's not going to make it OBVIOUS either. It's like everything with him, you have to THINK and use your brain, not you, FWD, the others. :tiphat: Happy trails, people.

That the Facebook account has some kind of link to Morrissey is pretty obvious. However, most stuff is about merch, tour dates, releases, etc. I have always assumed it was run by his management or something similar. As far as I know, the post on the attack in Manchester is the first one clearly written as a direct message from Morrissey himself. Am I wrong?

Morrissey has ALWAYS denied being online, or having any internet presence - that way he can deny anything and put up a barrier between himself and the rest of the world. He doesn't want a dialogue - he wants to drop down messages from 'on high' with no comeback.

I'm fairly sure the Morrissey Official Facebook page is run by Lil' Sammy, as they often post on the same subject in a very short space of time. From the fact that his photomontages were constantly posted on True To You, and how he hangs around the tour, and always posts in support of his uncle, we can be sure that Sam is 100% Mozbot, and totally on Morrissey's side in all things. And he has posted links to stories on the Official Facebook page on previous occasions, so it's clearly part of 'Team Moz' (unlike this place, for example).

Morrissey doesn't run the page himself (or so he claims), he gets his minions like Sam to do it - hence he can claim not to be on Facebook, whilst he clearly has an official page (complete with verified blue tick).

People saying this latest statement is faked are clutching at straws, particularly as it's entirely in keeping with a man who has previously stated that 'Le Pen clearly won the argument', 'I like Nigel Farage a great deal - I nearly voted UKIP', and has complained about Sadiq Khan: "he eats halal-butchered beings, and talks so quickly that people can’t understand him', and that "The gates of England are flooded. The country's been thrown away," and "travel to England and you have no idea where you are... If you walk through Knightsbridge you'll hear every accent apart from an English accent."

Just how many times does Morrissey have to say these kind of things, and the Moz bot deniers stick their fingers in their ears and cry "la la la - I can't hear him'? Just what will it take to get through to them? It's really baffling how determined they are to make him out to be someone he isn't. Does he have to start burning down mosques before the message gets through your thick skulls?

You don't mean to be "harsh" but then call peple looking for accurate information "dunces". There was and is no need for your harshness.

Fans, rightly or wrongly, want to know if 'things' that other people post - without verification - have any substance. You, in your response, provide only more assumptions. "It is true that Gustavo said TTY is out of action ..." The fan above asked when and where did he say this? You provided no link to Gustavo's comment. Does it exist? If so, where does it exist?

I think TTY being out of date is a pertinent point. If it was updated and claimed as Morrissey's official page (which is currently is not) then this would help to reduce the number of fans accessing fake Morrissey statements appearing on 'Official' facebook pages and through the facebook pages of others. No-one can ever stop fake news but if there is an officially claimed website all true fans would access that page for Morrissey statements; choosing to support or challenge those statements.

Morrissey has, and will always be, a 'bigmouth'. By reading various biographies/autobiographies there is evidence to suggest that Morrissey has, in the past, hid behind the skirts of others. Is he doing this now? Like others I hope that on the issue of what occurred in Manchester that this statement is not his. I may be being naive but there is something about it that doesn't ring true. If this is in fact evidenced to be an actual Morrissey statement then I for one will be re-thinking my view of him. To use this particular situation to score points is apalling. I know in the past he has made very provocative statements but I could always somehow put them in context about the 'artist' I 'know'. This alleged statement crosses too many taboos for me.

Like others I too want to know if there is fact to this fiction? Did he say this?

A defintive yes to this will mean that this fan is a fan no longer. Naive no longer.

To all of those hateful trolls out there if you have something hateful to say about this post now really isn't the time. We only recently witnessed what intolerance can do and by being hateful to others, for no reason, you demean yourself.

-----------------------

I don't mean to be harsh, but you dunces are lost. All the statements posted on Morrissey Official are Officially UNOFFICIAL as with TTY, Gustavo, Jesse and so on. Morrissey will always publicly deny them because YES, HE doesn't post it, others do, but they are his words. Get it?

It is true that Gustavo said, 'True To You" is out of action or something to that effect. SOMETHING is DEFINITELY going on with TTY but I know nothing more and I'm not sure anyone does. Gustavo did not elaborate but did say he was helping M post things until TTY gets sorted out or something to that effect.

The scatter gun approach is in line with THIS and Is it really so strange for Morrissey to duck and dodge like a boxer?:
5160VJ6XW6L.jpg

Seriously, it's like you people have not taken MORRISSEY 101, do I need to start a class?

Doesn't matter if TTY is badly outdated, that isn't THE POINT.

Keep hoping. And I hate to break it to you, it IS Morrissey's statement.

Does he have to start burning down mosques before the message gets through your thick skulls?

Then he has to make sure that, at least, Tina and her family aren't in it (as they are Moslems). I'm sure he doesn't want to see them burn.

I don't disagree with this statement if it is true. I just don't think that dragging out tired, old, Morrissey hatred is acceptable in this situation or situations like this. I do want to know if it is true. For me it's an abuse of those people currently experiencing anguish due to intolerance and hatred.

If this Morrissey statement is true he has only added to that anguish. Insensitive and stupid in the extreme.

There is a clear history of how that FB account came about - stemming from fake instagram and twitter accounts whilst that page was attempting to promote Morrissey news/merch et al - then morphed (via label changes) in to a verified account which has been used rather badly recently. I won't regurgitate it here, but it has been discussed at length throughout the years. Pontificating about it now looks a bit too much like closing the stable door years after the horse has bolted.
A simple point:
Given what people know about how close/loyal Morrissey's band and friends are - do you really think they woke up and saw the media backlash at a statement attributed to him and KNOWINGLY let it stand unchallenged?
The people who follow that account within his close reach are validating that statement via their silence.
Morrissey is more than capable of refuting something picked up by the mainstream media via a 'fake' statement - this hasn't and won't happen as they are his words.
Regards,
FWD.

Fans, rightly or wrongly, want to know if 'things' that other people post - without verification - have any substance. You, in your response, provide only more assumptions. "It is true that Gustavo said TTY is out of action ..." The fan above asked when and where did he say this? You provided no link to Gustavo's comment. Does it exist? If so, where does it exist?

It does not exist anymore. Gustovo posted it as one of several replies to the post on his Facebook page where Morrissey stated that 'Marie Le Pen won the French election debate etc'. Things got so heated, with fans smashing up CDs with hammers and posting pictures, that Gustavo deleted the entire thread the next day.

He didn't go into any details as to why TTY was 'on hold', but clearly stated it was, which was why Morrissey was posting on his page.

There is a clear history of how that FB account came about - stemming from fake instagram and twitter accounts whilst that page was attempting to promote Morrissey news/merch et al - then morphed (via label changes) in to a verified account which has been used rather badly recently. I won't regurgitate it here, but it has been discussed at length throughout the years. Pontificating about it now looks a bit too much like closing the stable door years after the horse has bolted.
A simple point:
Given what people know about how close/loyal Morrissey's band and friends are - do you really think they woke up and saw the media backlash at a statement attributed to him and KNOWINGLY let it stand unchallenged?
The people who follow that account within his close reach are validating that statement via their silence.
Morrissey is more than capable of refuting something picked up by the mainstream media via a 'fake' statement - this hasn't and won't happen as they are his words.
Regards,
FWD.

You provide no proof whatsoever of the points you make. Thinking you know something doesn't make it true.

We now have the Gustavo link demytstified. He apparently did say stuff about TTY but it has been deleted. So no actual proof and further mystery.

I agree with fans that if Morrissey did say this that its a stupid thing to do. If the statement appeared on TTY I would accept it. Taking into account hackers.
It has f***ed me off and if he did write this then he is a total dick.

I'd rather believe he didn't write this turgid piece of shite but who knows?

You provide no proof whatsoever of the points you make. Thinking you know something doesn't make it true.

We now have the Gustavo link demytstified. He apparently did say stuff about TTY but it has been deleted. So no actual proof and further mystery.

I agree with fans that if Morrissey did say this that its a stupid thing to do. If the statement appeared on TTY I would accept it. Taking into account hackers.
It has f***ed me off and if he did write this then he is a total dick.

I'd rather believe he didn't write this turgid piece of shite but who knows?
Double edged sword.
That entirely describes your view too.
Yet, I think you will find your view is in the minority, but feel free to hold it.
I'm not going to rake up umpteen quotes, links and the such from Sam, Gustavo, Jesse et al - nor all the historical, well documented discussions on here to support the fact that he issues forth statements and how the format for that is changing.
Some of us remember the exact same comments about the statements on TTY when they first appeared - which, now, you don't doubt and accept totally - same principle, different time period.
Again, if this was 'fake' and causing him hostility from social media / press then the reaction of those closest to him would be to defend him - this hasn't happened as it is him talking through probably Sam on a Facebook page that got verified and now serves a different purpose to what was intended.
Anyway, I'm repeating myself. Hold out for hardened fact if you wish - some of us think we've already experienced enough to know with certainty already.
How round does the Earth look to you? :)
Regards,
FWD.

Double edged sword.
That entirely describes your view too.
Yet, I think you will find your view is in the minority, but feel free to hold it.
I'm not going to rake up umpteen quotes, links and the such from Sam, Gustavo, Jesse et al - nor all the historical, well documented discussions on here to support the fact that he issues forth statements and how the format for that is changing.
Some of us remember the exact same comments about the statements on TTY when they first appeared - which, now, you don't doubt and accept totally - same principle, different time period.
Again, if this was 'fake' and causing him hostility from social media / press then the reaction of those closest to him would be to defend him - this hasn't happened as it is him talking through probably Sam on a Facebook page that got verified and now serves a different purpose to what was intended.
Anyway, I'm repeating myself. Hold out for hardened fact if you wish - some of us think we've already experienced enough to know with certainty already.
How round does the Earth look to you? :)
Regards,
FWD.

It cannot, and does not, describe my view because on this issue what I and others want is clarity about TTY and why this 'statement' appeared on facebook via an unofficial source. I hope that it isn't a genuine Morrissey statement but I am not stating my hope as fact. You are right when you refer to my acknowledging previous statements that appeared on TTY as coming from Morrissey. However, for clarity, I will say that it should not be inferred that I agreed with what he said, in whole or in part, on any particular issue.

I am of the belief that fact speaks louder than fiction and apart from spurious, unfounded 'fan forum' claims there is no actual evidence that there is an issue with TTY or that the alleged facebook page is Morrissey's.

If it does turn out to be his 'official' facebook page then that makes the statement true (if it hasn't been hacked. Let's not go there 'cause that could get silly, quickly). This will sadden me. I believe that what is said in that alleged statement has more than a grain of truth in it but now is not the time to score points. If it is a Morrissey statement then he does himself a great disservice and insults those involved in the incident. This, for me, could be the straw that broke this camel's back.

I would still like to know if TTY is temporarily taking a break or otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom