TTY: Eminem photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

I think people have an inflated opinion of themselves and this site, if they genuinely think that Morrissey is willingly making himself look a laughing stock in public just to 'troll' a few loonies on some unauthorised fansite. He obviously is completely blind when it comes to his nephew - any dawdle that Lil' Sammy presents him, he obviously sees as a great compliment, and worthy of sharing with the world. Love really is blind, so lets hope Damon doesn't start sending him macaroni art, or we're f***ed.

Well, it's either that, or Sam has tied him up and locked him in a cupboard somewhere, whilst he goes nuts posting his malodorous montages of craptitude on True To You. Has anyone seen Moz recently? Should we be concerned? Maybe someone should call the cops to visit him for a wellbeing check?

um i think many many people saw him when he played his huge concerts for new years like a month ago. why do you think moz takes himself so seriously. i dont think he making himself a laughing stock either as i hvent seen mention of any of these photos or that opinion of them circulating online or in the press. i dont think people care or take it seriously except here. i again mention the donald duck sailor suit he wore in concert. i mean it was silly fun as i think most of these are as well. did it destroy his reputation or make him a laughing stock, i dont think so so why do you think would have any different intentions than he had there. i dont think moz takes himself half as seriously as people here do. he has serious moments and silly moments like every other human being. hes got a very refined sense of humor

Is Sam Etsy having a breakdown? Can't someone just get him a colouring book?

Yes but this isn't sleeve art is it?

What exactly is the point of comparing this to smiths/moz sleeves? You may as well eat duck a l'orange and a piece of toast and discuss the differences.

Btw I love toast! I won't have a bad word said about it :)

It is designed to promote Morrissey to the world, though. If you look at those Smiths covers now, they are still beautiful. It's a shame he didn't carry that style through to his solo work, because after Suedehead and Sunday the quality was very uneven. Where he did go back to Smiths like art we got what I think is the rather lovely Southpaw Grammar cover.

I remember reading about Morrissey going ballistic when he saw the dreadful cover to a Smiths Australian 12" mixes release, so there was a time when those things were clearly almost as important to him as the music contained within.

I like toast, too. I let it go cold then spread it with as much butter I can get away with without being detected. Proof there is a God.

um i think many many people saw him when he played his huge concerts for new years like a month ago. why do you think moz takes himself so seriously. i dont think he making himself a laughing stock either as i hvent seen mention of any of these photos or that opinion of them circulating online or in the press. i dont think people care or take it seriously except here. i again mention the donald duck sailor suit he wore in concert. i mean it was silly fun as i think most of these are as well. did it destroy his reputation or make him a laughing stock, i dont think so so why do you think would have any different intentions than he had there. i dont think moz takes himself half as seriously as people here do. he has serious moments and silly moments like every other human being. hes got a very refined sense of humor

That's as may be, but there is nothing "refined" about these shit Photoshops. And wherever there is a quarter of a good or amusing idea involved, the execution is atrocious.

You're kidding yourself if you believe he was not referencing the "gay sailor" stereotype when he wore that suit on stage. He's never dressed up just for the sake of dressing up. Besides, that occurred in 1999, years before all the damage that's been done to his career and reputation in the wake of 2010. After the asinine Paris responses, he's quite lucky these "silly moments" haven't garnered more attention in the mainstream where his reputation is already in tatters after the almost entirely negative response to his "novel."

That's as may be, but there is nothing "refined" about these shit Photoshops. And wherever there is a quarter of a good or amusing idea involved, the execution is atrocious.

You're kidding yourself if you believe he was not referencing the "gay sailor" stereotype when he wore that suit on stage. He's never dressed up just for the sake of dressing up. Besides, that occurred in 1999, years before all the damage that's been done to his career and reputation in the wake of 2010. After the asinine Paris responses, he's quite lucky these "silly moments" haven't garnered more attention in the mainstream where his reputation is already in tatters after the almost entirely negative response to his "novel."

yeah i dont see that with anyone i went to concerts with as there were many many people at the echo stage in dc of all ages that were happy to be there loving the mans current music. even if hes referencing a gay sailor, i never said there was no reasoning behind it but rather that the reasoning and execution are kinda silly and not meant to some super serious hidden statement, it didnt hurt his career in any way. hes not lucky no ones cares about sams photos, they just dont care or see it effecting there opinion of moz. i mean why would they. for a man whos reputation is in tatters why is it that people all over the world still go to concerts and buy albums, more albums than many super serious statement bands ever sell. there seems to be a disconnect with his reputation and his concert attendance praise here. if his reputation is in tatters why did world peace go number two almost instantly before it was pulled. if his reputation is in tatters why do people go to concerts and travel the world, why do people cheer the new songs like i saw them do first hand. explain

i do wonder if he still has, stashed away somewhere amongst his belongings, the donald duck gay sailor suit? its likely not to fit his current self but could be altered accordingly for future use, and surely would create a stir, more so than the sams current efforts.

What in the f*** is this?

I've reached the final stage of a lifetime (well, 1985) of following Morrissey. Instead of admiration, the feelings have now become pity.

Totally understand, I am at a loss.

"Just give Moz a record deal
And make it quick
Or else I'm gonna be sick
Sick all over
His frankly vulgar
Talentless nephew Sam Esty Rayner"

Benny's virtual online confectionery store.

COMPETITION (in association with RonnieDonnie Popcorn ltd )

Which old album cover would you like to see get the "photomontage treatment" next and why ? All entry's must be in by midnight 19/2/16

Ha na na na na nahhhhhh ! We're lovin it !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

yeah i dont see that with anyone i went to concerts with as there were many many people at the echo stage in dc of all ages that were happy to be there loving the mans current music. even if hes referencing a gay sailor, i never said there was no reasoning behind it but rather that the reasoning and execution are kinda silly and not meant to some super serious hidden statement, it didnt hurt his career in any way. hes not lucky no ones cares about sams photos, they just dont care or see it effecting there opinion of moz. i mean why would they. for a man whos reputation is in tatters why is it that people all over the world still go to concerts and buy albums, more albums than many super serious statement bands ever sell. there seems to be a disconnect with his reputation and his concert attendance praise here. if his reputation is in tatters why did world peace go number two almost instantly before it was pulled. if his reputation is in tatters why do people go to concerts and travel the world, why do people cheer the new songs like i saw them do first hand. explain

At the show I saw last year, there was rapturous response to the Smiths and early solo songs and much more muted reactions to the new songs. This is consistent with many write-ups seen elsewhere on this site. Whatever is left of his career is coasting on this "endless tour" to the die-hards. Sure, there are younger fans there - there always were - but you can't deny that the attendance numbers tilt heavily towards "seasoned" fans.

Similarly, his core audience bought World Peace in sufficient droves to push it to number two - but it was quickly nosediving from the face of the earth even before ties were severed with Harvest. Clearly, they had an interest early on in pushing the album in ways that Morrissey didn't - so he cost himself any opportunity to expand his audience. He cost himself the opportunity to reach another new audience - fiction readers - by releasing a sparsely edited book that was received with a colossal thud in the popular press. The silly machinations to push the re-release of "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" were received with the contempt they deserved - and were yet another spit in the face to the people he so desperately wishes to cling to, the music industry.

So, yes, his reputation is in tatters in the areas that matter most in advancing his art. What's worse is that a goodly number of his faithful are growing ever more tired of the bullshit offstage, not least of which is standing approvingly aside while this idle twit married to the Johnny Cash fortune releases "art" bemoaning his uncle's (largely self-inflicted) ostracism from mainstream success.

Last edited:
At the show I saw last year, there was rapturous response to the Smiths and early solo songs and much more muted reactions to the new songs. This is consistent with many write-ups seen elsewhere on this site. Whatever is left of his career is coasting on this "endless tour" to the die-hards. Sure, there are younger fans there - there always were - but you can't deny that the attendance numbers tilt heavily towards "seasoned" fans.

Similarly, his core audience bought World Peace in sufficient droves to push it to number two - but it was quickly nosediving from the face of the earth when ties were severed with Harvest. Clearly, they had an interest early on in pushing the album in ways that Morrissey didn't - so he cost himself any opportunity to expand his audience. He cost himself the opportunity to reach another new audience - fiction readers - by releasing a sparsely edited book that was received with a colossal thud in the popular press. The silly machinations to push the re-release of "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" were received with the contempt they deserved - and were yet another spit in the face to the people he so desperately wishes to cling to, the music industry.

So, yes, his reputation is in tatters in the areas that matter most in advancing his art. What's worse is that a goodly number of his faithful are growing ever more tired of the bullshit offstage, not least of which is standing approvingly aside while this idle twit married to the Johnny Cash fortune releases "art" bemoaning his uncle's (largely self-inflicted) ostracism from mainstream success.

where are the goodly number of the faithful who are saying these things because i dont see them very much anywhere except here. everything ive seen in his press mentions nothing of it and no moz fan i talk to says anything about it if they even know it exists. my experience was very different from the one you desrcibed and the only place ive seen these things said mostly is here in reviews from very specific people. people did go nuts for the smiths songs but many people i saw were very happy for some solo songs as well. they went nuts for first of the gang as well a few times ive seen him. many were giant fans of quarry and wanted to hear a lot of that. um yeah an album does quickly nose dive on sales when its no longer for sale but thats not people deciding they dont want the album its the label stopping promotion and not putting any new copies out. i mean im not a fan of large labelsa nd the way they opperte. are you? as for the book i dont take many literature reccomendations from popular magazines or newspapers. the ones that i usually give credit to literature reviews, the ones with a bit more respect such as the new york times which wwas much more spot on it its split opinion. i mean have you seen popular fiction these days. the stuff they say is great is pretty trite crap. its not something i usually associate myself with but im a hardcore literature fan and in love with the modernist writers of there time as ive said many times before. i wouldnt want him to write a book that appeals to common fiction readers. i mean please. as for seasoned fans i saw mostly people like myself in there thirties who never witnessed the msmoths in the time or owned any records in that time. where do live see him as that could be an effect. are you american

Similarly, his core audience bought World Peace in sufficient droves to push it to number two - but it was quickly nosediving from the face of the earth when ties were severed with Harvest. Clearly, they had an interest early on in pushing the album in ways that Morrissey didn't - so he cost himself any opportunity to expand his audience. He cost himself the opportunity to reach another new audience - fiction readers - by releasing a sparsely edited book that was received with a colossal thud in the popular press. The silly machinations to push the re-release of "I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris" were received with the contempt they deserved - and were yet another spit in the face to the people he so desperately wishes to cling to, the music industry.

well said :thumb:

then how did he sell out msg. twenty thousand, or however many the very large venue holds, of hardcore smiths fans which was after 2010 in new york city. wasnt the 02 concert after 2010 as well which i guess was just filled with hardcore disappointed smiths fans in your opinion. how many tickets did he sell on new years eve like a month ago. for a man in tatters he still sells a lot more than other groups with i guess credible reputations and gets a lot of cheers. for every person here who didnt go to the show who didnt like the setlist you can easily find about a million posts tweets that loved the show. vastly larger than any complaint ive seen anywhere except here with the usual thirty or so posters at a time. in think hardcore smiths fans over exaggerate there numbers when compared to just moz fans. an argument of popularity and not personal judgement of the albums. i mean in america its much easier to find a person who can name a moz song than they who could name smiths songs thats not how soon is now. again this may be different in london but it doesnt seem so here among the musicans i hang out with or music fans in general that i talk to

then how did he sell out msg. twenty thousand, or however many the very large venue holds, of hardcore smiths fans which was after 2010 in new york city. wasnt the 02 concert after 2010 as well which i guess was just filled with hardcore disappointed smiths fans in your opinion. how many tickets did he sell on new years eve like a month ago. for a man in tatters he still sells a lot more than other groups with i guess credible reputations and gets a lot of cheers. for every person here who didnt go to the show who didnt like the setlist you can easily find about a million posts tweets that loved the show. vastly larger than any complaint ive seen anywhere except here with the usual thirty or so posters at a time. in think hardcore smiths fans over exaggerate there numbers when compared to just moz fans. an argument of popularity and not personal judgement of the albums. i mean in america its much easier to find a person who can name a moz song than they who could name smiths songs thats not how soon is now. again this may be different in london but it doesnt seem so here among the musicans i hang out with or music fans in general that i talk to

For God's sake, use punctuation and learn spelling.

Jamie never claimed Morrissey didn't have an audience, he claimed a majority of the audience Morrissey does have is an older, faithful fanbase that has been following him from The Smiths days and who likely enjoy music from that era more than Morrissey's new songs. This definitely seems to be the case in my experience; I'm 24, but the majority of Morrissey fans I've encountered are middle-aged, including the people I typically see at Morrissey shows. At any rate, Jamie's point isn't contradicted by a well-selling arena show. And let's not forget that Blondie shared the bill at MSG, another veteran band with a strong, loyal fanbase, which likely also helped sell tickets.

Furthermore, I'm not sure that having a good time at a concert is really indicative of the attendee's overall opinion of the performer. I've certainly had a good time at every Morrissey show I've attended, including shows on the WPINOYB tour, but I agree wholeheartedly with Jamie's sentiments and I know plenty of other fans who love seeing Morrissey live also feel the same way.

Last edited:
I think people have an inflated opinion of themselves and this site, if they genuinely think that Morrissey is willingly making himself look a laughing stock in public just to 'troll' a few loonies on some unauthorised fansite. He obviously is completely blind when it comes to his nephew - any dawdle that Lil' Sammy presents him, he obviously sees as a great compliment, and worthy of sharing with the world. Love really is blind, so lets hope Damon doesn't start sending him macaroni art, or we're f***ed.

Well, it's either that, or Sam has tied him up and locked him in a cupboard somewhere, whilst he goes nuts posting his malodorous montages of craptitude on True To You. Has anyone seen Moz recently? Should we be concerned? Maybe someone should call the cops to visit him for a wellbeing check?

he has been spotted in both los angeles and london recentely, feasting on copious portions of food. he has added some extra kilos on his down time

he may need a new gay duck sailor suit as the old one will not fit him at this point.

Jamie never claimed Morrissey didn't have an audience, he claimed a majority of the audience Morrissey does have is an older, faithful fanbase that has been following him from The Smiths days and who likely enjoy music from that era more than Morrissey's new songs. This definitely seems to be the case in my experience; I'm 24, but the majority of Morrissey fans I've encountered are middle-aged, including the people I typically see at Morrissey shows. At any rate, Jamie's point isn't contradicted by a well-selling arena show. And let's not forget that Blondie shared the bill at MSG, another veteran band with a strong, loyal fanbase, which likely also helped sell tickets.

Furthermore, I'm not sure that having a good time at a concert is really indicative of the attendee's overall opinion of the performer. I've certainly had a good time at every Morrissey show I've attended, including shows on the WPINOYB tour, but I agree wholeheartedly with Jamie's sentiments and I know plenty of other fans who love seeing Morrissey live also feel the same way.

well you do sell tickets on your rep as well as songs and if his rep is in tatters then it seems sales would reflect would seem to reasonably reflect that somewhat and they dont. not all of those people are going to gear smiths songs, not even a majority of the audience. its not that shes saying she thinks his rep is in tatters she said it is in tatters which is a claim on a majority opinion as reputation is built on expressed opinion. his rep is not in tatters, its in tatters with a few people whom i think believe they are a larger group that they actually are of his fanbase. where else are people talking about his rep being in tatters because i see a lot of people saying they love the man.

well you do sell tickets on your rep as well as songs and if his rep is in tatters then it seems sales would reflect would seem to reasonably reflect that somewhat and they dont. not all of those people are going to gear smiths songs, not even a majority of the audience. its not that shes saying she thinks his rep is in tatters she said it is in tatters which is a claim on a majority opinion as reputation is built on expressed opinion. his rep is not in tatters, its in tatters with a few people whom i think believe they are a larger group that they actually are of his fanbase. where else are people talking about his rep being in tatters because i see a lot of people saying they love the man.

Could you repeat that in English please?

he has been spotted in both los angeles and london recentely, feasting on copious portions of food. he has added some extra kilos on his down time

he may need a new gay duck sailor suit as the old one will not fit him at this point.

Might this do?

elton-john-donald-duck.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom