TTY: Eminem photomontage by Sam Esty Rayner

Oh hey wow!

This is really great! Really well done and inspiring! The Moz/Eminem mash up makes total sense! Keep it up Sam!

It's sad only because Morrissey was once known for his incredible and influential sleeve art and graphics. A Smiths record and (to a lesser and less successful degree) Morrissey records delivered a visual punch too. Just the sleeves of The Smiths established so many bands' aesthetics, namely Belle & Sebastian, Suede, and several other less impressive 2000-era bands. This has all fallen off the rails and now we are left World Peace Photoshop fails and incomprehensible and dim nephew graphics. Even the look of the MPorium bums me out. I'm so sorry

It's sad only because Morrissey was once known for his incredible and influential sleeve art and graphics. A Smiths record and (to a lesser and less successful degree) Morrissey records delivered a visual punch too. Just the sleeves of The Smiths established so many bands' aesthetics, namely Belle & Sebastian, Suede, and several other less impressive 2000-era bands. This has all fallen off the rails and now we are left World Peace Photoshop fails and incomprehensible and dim nephew graphics. Even the look of the MPorium bums me out. I'm so sorry

i forgive you

People are getting a bit carried away with these things. His nephew has made friends with Julia and she lets him post this filth on her website. I don't think Morrissey is involved in any sort of artistic consultancy.

If we ignore it enough, it'll go away.

I am not sure the point of all of these montages, but Morrissey is an original and i think he deserves the best. His fans want to hear more music , the best quality, although he loves his band and nephew , they all need to step it up and give Morrissey the best they can offer.

People are getting a bit carried away with these things. His nephew has made friends with Julia and she lets him post this filth on her website. I don't think Morrissey is involved in any sort of artistic consultancy.

Maybe, but I'm worried that the more we ignore it the closer it will get.

Good Luck with that!

i doubt itll stop cause i dont think its solely for this place but you are probably right on the nose there

dunno. what does rigorous analysis of the algorithm of the flowchart of the photoshopped Excel spreadsheet of the scrupulously raw Morrissey fanatic data want to teach us, wunderkindboy? (image makeover advice: you need to button up all the way and add a necktie. just a thought.)

Do you mean Morrissey should button up? Oh no, unbuttoned Morrissey is more than fine for me! Sam's artwork is kind of mysterious but not uninteresting. What I really miss is Morrissey's voice on TTY. I really enjoyed reading whatever he felt like posting. It seems like it's been awhile and I hope he hasn't given it up.

Do you mean Morrissey should button up? Oh no, unbuttoned Morrissey is more than fine for me! Sam's artwork is kind of mysterious but not uninteresting. What I really miss is Morrissey's voice on TTY. I really enjoyed reading whatever he felt like posting. It seems like it's been awhile and I hope he hasn't given it up.

https://YouTu.be/4jvxZU2YWVw

Maybe you're right about that. But wasn't mine the first photoshopped image Morrissey used? (the james dean one) And I can assure you I am not a friend of ANY of them, and had Morrissey consulted me first I would have told him never to start this photoshop thing. I for one would like him to go back to the iconic images (meaning, no meaning, at least some of them were nice to look at)
If mine was indeed the first one, this whole SER business feels like a tantrum. And it's very hard to believe Morrissey is not involved at least in the final go ahead. I don't know.
Oh, and also, it's true that photoshoppping things like this takes no time. I hate it when people say to me "you must have so much free time to make hundreds of Morrissey photoshops"... No, I just used to have little moments that gave birth to silly little harmless pics.

A noble sentiment, but I tried that policy when I noticed a slight rash on bulbous salutation one morning, and now six months' later it's completely unusable. :(

Maybe you're right about that. But wasn't mine the first photoshopped image Morrissey used? (the james dean one) And I can assure you I am not a friend of ANY of them, and had Morrissey consulted me first I would have told him never to start this photoshop thing. I for one would like him to go back to the iconic images (meaning, no meaning, at least some of them were nice to look at)
If mine was indeed the first one, this whole SER business feels like a tantrum. And it's very hard to believe Morrissey is not involved at least in the final go ahead. I don't know.
Oh, and also, it's true that photoshoppping things like this takes no time. I hate it when people say to me "you must have so much free time to make hundreds of Morrissey photoshops"... No, I just used to have little moments that gave birth to silly little harmless pics.

Hey so I owe you a big thank you pal ! Thanks to you Benny's virtual online confectionery store is doing a roaring trade.
I'll email you some voucher codes over the weekend, thanks once again.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I'm a big fan of "The Simpsons," and in Season 5 there was an episode that had the show's villain, Mister Burns, celebrating his birthday. There was a little slide show at the birthday party (assembled by Smithers) and in the slideshow were photoshopped images of Mister Burns as characters in various historic moments.

It's probably just me, but I can't help but recall them when I see SER's photoshopped images.

monty burns 1.jpg

monty burns 2.jpg

monty burns 3.jpg

Someone should just give Morrissey a copy machine. Do they still have those? He could sit on it and make piccies of his arsenal. It would be exactly the same effect.

Yes but this isn't sleeve art is it?

What exactly is the point of comparing this to smiths/moz sleeves? You may as well eat duck a l'orange and a piece of toast and discuss the differences.

Btw I love toast! I won't have a bad word said about it :)

Last edited:
I think people have an inflated opinion of themselves and this site, if they genuinely think that Morrissey is willingly making himself look a laughing stock in public just to 'troll' a few loonies on some unauthorised fansite. He obviously is completely blind when it comes to his nephew - any dawdle that Lil' Sammy presents him, he obviously sees as a great compliment, and worthy of sharing with the world. Love really is blind, so lets hope Damon doesn't start sending him macaroni art, or we're f***ed.

Well, it's either that, or Sam has tied him up and locked him in a cupboard somewhere, whilst he goes nuts posting his malodorous montages of craptitude on True To You. Has anyone seen Moz recently? Should we be concerned? Maybe someone should call the cops to visit him for a wellbeing check?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom