TTY: Death is not the final word - Morrissey statement on TOMITA

Death is not the final word - true-to-you.net
20 December 2016

... for there are some people who are lucky enough to leave such a powerful mark on life that not even death can wipe them out. In this Year Of Death ... from Richard Davalos to Frank Finlay to Prince to my very dear friend Victoria Wood ... I struggled most of all with the death of TOMITA, whose Snowflakes are dancing (RCA) I have listened to constantly for 40 years, especially on hard days of self-judgment. It is a recording that you can listen to repeatedly until you hear nothing else. All you need to do is to keep quiet. In a few minutes all the right answers come through and you will find that there had never been any reason, after all, to feel angry.

39497_unknown_1_2.jpg

If you do not know this recording, I envy your first listen. Track 5 especially will stay with you for always, as the best music does ... never outside time. It might take you back to the lost years of personal honesty in music, when artists gave everything that they had and everything that they were.

MORRISSEY
20 December 2016.

This is a very beautiful TTY, he is sharing his love of something with us, to share with us what he feels about a piece of music. Lovely. I wish more men talked like this.

Merry Christmas Morrissey!

Most men do. You should meet more of them by getting out more.

Have to say I agree with everything you say moho. He just couldn't resist one last stir of the shit pot before the year ended. A perfect opportunity to have one last swipe just for good measure.
What a horrible, nasty bastard he's turned out in his twilight years, absolutely vile. Nobody to blame but himself for the position he finds himself in. When he dies I'm gonna throw a huge party to celebrate and dance my legs down to the hips.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife::christmastree:
benny! :O i didnt know you had it in you to be so nasty. i am disappoint. :(

benny! :O i didnt know you had it in you to be so nasty. i am disappoint. :(

Sadly I can offer no apology for my comments Rifke :(.
I've known Steven for many many years now. You need to understand that he will have thought this statement through knowing full well how it will come across regarding David's passing earlier this year.
It's a very cold, calculated low blow move, trust me.

True to you Rifke but most of all true to myself. I have nothing but love however I will not stand by and let Steven get away with such oozing boil puss behaviour.

I hope you understand.

P.S. Tomatoehead/40 years is a massive porky pie.

When I first saw this statement headline I fully expected to be reading kind words and thoughts about "One of ours" being very ill not that long ago.
Why couldn't he have done that instead ? :head-smack:

Are you writing to Morrissey? He's left the building.

Of course I am but through him I'm communicating with other Moz-fans or vice a versa.
I suppose YOU wouldn't understand.
But my friends would.
Why do I bother to reply anyway?
He didn't leave the building, he is in some kind of way, with the people who love and respect him as an artist and as a kind soul.
Something else you seem to be quite incapable to understand.

He made all of it up? That's actually hilarious. The lengths he goes to sometimes. I don't feel so bad now...

wow,didn't know! one of my favorites for years. luv ya M.:thumb:

Sadly I can offer no apology for my comments Rifke :(.
I've known Steven for many many years now. You need to understand that he will have thought this statement through knowing full well how it will come across regarding David's passing earlier this year.
It's a very cold, calculated low blow move, trust me.

True to you Rifke but most of all true to myself. I have nothing but love however I will not stand by and let Steven get away with such oozing boil puss behaviour.

I hope you understand.

P.S. Tomatoehead/40 years is a massive porky pie.

well, and you're allowed your opinion of him. it was just the "When he dies I'm gonna throw a huge party to celebrate and dance my legs down to the hips" bit that didnt sit well with me. i think we should reserve the death celebrations for terrorists and the like, not people who are just trying to live their lives (edit: although really, as we all know, he is more than just someone trying to live his life, in which category the rest of us slobs on the planet may fall: whatever he may be in his personal life, he has incontestably brought a lot of joy to a lot of people. you have only to look at sams film of the fans in jakarta to see that his presence in this world has ultimately been a good one), no matter how vile you may find them. i hope you understand. it's just that generally you're so good at being funny/scathing without leaving a bad taste in one's mouth.

Last edited:
nice to read such an equanimous message, dearest mozzer! i am now curious to find out more about this person you exalt. your message vaguely reminded me of a poem by lisel mueller i read years ago. spare a moment so that i can share it will you? thanks!

The Concert
In memory of Dimitri Mitropoulos

The harpist believes there is music
in the skeletons of fish

The French horn player believes
in enormous golden snails

The piano believes in nothing
and grins from ear to ear

Strings are scratching their bellies
openly, enjoying it

Flutes and oboes complain
in dialects of the same tongue

Drumsticks rattle a calfskin
from the sleep of another life

because the supernatural crow
on the podium flaps his wings

and death is no excuse

okay, bye now, sweetums!

Very nice poem!
The line:
" Flutes and oboes complain
in dialects of the same tongue "
immediately reminded me of " Oboe Concerto " which deals lyrically and musically so beautiful with the same subject of mortality.
Thanks for sharing Rifke.

Of course I am but through him I'm communicating with other Moz-fans or vice a versa.
I suppose YOU wouldn't understand.
But my friends would.
Why do I bother to reply anyway?
He didn't leave the building, he is in some kind of way, with the people who love and respect him as an artist and as a kind soul.
Something else you seem to be quite incapable to understand.
dont worry about that naysayer gerrit. as you may have noticed i frequently address my posts to moz. why not? he may read them or he may not, but either way, when im writing posts about him, im always writing them with the idea in mind that he might read them, so i just thought... well... why not just cut through the bullshit and write them to straight to him? plus i kind of enjoy these one sided conversations i have with him. sure i may sound like a nut, but... eh.

dont worry about that naysayer gerrit. as you may have noticed i frequently address my posts to moz. why not? he may read them or he may not, but either way, when im writing posts about him, im always writing them with the idea in mind that he might read them, so i just thought... well... why not just cut through the bullshit and write them to straight to him? plus i kind of enjoy these one sided conversations i have with him. sure i may sound like a nut, but... eh.

Not worried Rifke.
I like the sound of a nut.
And you are a hard one to crack.
So am I.
Moz is a nut, but a very good one.
The hardest one to crack.

I said it before: The village idiot is the only person having a personality in the village because he is free.
He does what he wants and everybody accepts cause hey, he is just the village idiot.

Not worried Rifke.
I like the sound of a nut.
And you are a hard one to crack.
So am I.
Moz is a nut, but a very good one.
The hardest one to crack.

I said it before: The village idiot is the only person having a personality in the village because he is free.
He does what he wants and everybody accepts cause hey, he is just the village idiot.
You two are so deluded...:rofl:

Sounds Amazing! Thank Morrissey for sharing!

Just listened 2 sum of this, never heard of TOMICA before , I quite like it, haunting in its own way and evokes incredible emotions and feelings ect.

I will listen 2 the full album shortly from start 2 finish via my top of the range mission hi - fi speakers 2 get the full effect ect !
The sound of my speakers are absolutely incredible !!!!! , the bass punch is wonderfull , expensive speakers yes, but well you get what ya pay for !

Morrissey also gave and shared with us the most wonderfull gift possible, the incredible miss kristeenYoung ! and we all know what happened there!!! :(

But we often have "morrissey live in concert " sessions via DVD and my speakers, and projecter - yes we do !!! lol :)

But I allways insist on playing sum u tube video footage of KristeenYoung first ! well I wouldent want 2 disappoint anyone ! In fact my friends insist !!!

Go 2 www.kristeenyoung.com and order the new album please, "live at the witches tit"
You WILL NOT be disapointed but delighted ........ Trust me !

Weve just ordered ours, cant wait !!!! :)

Just listened 2 sum of this, never heard of TOMICA before , I quite like it, haunting in its own way and evokes incredible emotions and feelings ect.

I will listen 2 the full album shortly from start 2 finish via my top of the range mission hi - fi speakers 2 get the full effect ect !
The sound of my speakers are absolutely incredible !!!!! , the bass punch is wonderfull , expensive speakers yes, but well you get what ya pay for !

Morrissey also gave and shared with us the most wonderfull gift possible, the incredible miss kristeenYoung ! and we all know what happened there!!! :(

But we often have "morrissey live in concert " sessions via DVD and my speakers, and projecter - yes we do !!! lol :)

But I allways insist on playing sum u tube video footage of KristeenYoung first ! well I wouldent want 2 disappoint anyone ! In fact my friends insist !!!

Go 2 www.kristeenyoung.com and order the new album please, "live at the witches tit"
You WILL NOT be disapointed but delighted ........ Trust me !

Weve just ordered ours, cant wait !!!! :)

Do you serve drinks and snacks? Sounds like the place to be at. Morrissey and Kristeen live in concert!

What a beautiful post.

Love the mention of Prince too...

Well I've been so down in the dumps lately because one of my neighbors friends, cactus plant died last week ( the funeral was yesterday :( )

Thanks to you marred-arse-botty-bot I'm as chipper as ever now :rofl:
If Steven said he liked dog shit you'd be the first out on the streets collecting the stuff, no doubt about it:clap:.

Thanks once again :laughing:

Nice post. I sometimes find it strange that people in general only seem to care about death when its someone they know or know about. Nobody mentions the slaughtered children in Aleppo or the fact the UN stand by and do nothing apart from having useless meetings. Prince dying was a tragedy but its nothing compared to what happens to innocent kids every day.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom