TTY: Boz Boorer statement

Boz Statement - TTY

Boz Boorer statement
19 June 2014

I have just returned from 5 days in the mountains of Portugal where I am cut off from the internet. It appears I have missed an awful lot. Search as I have I can only find snippets of Tony Visconti's postings and I am very shocked and disappointed at what I have read and can only wonder why he immediately withdrew the postings with no explanation. Kristeen has been a constant companion on the road for so long and I am also bewildered by her actions also immediately withdrawn from view. I hate to throw wood on an already blazing fire but I am afraid I cannot sit back and watch this slander.
Boz Boorer

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140619_01

The idea "I like you not your behavior" does not work-ever. You are on the team or you aren't.
What a load of toss. You should think about growing up. I've been a Moz fan since the late 80's and have bought everything and attended a shitload of his concerts, but I am not stupid enough to claim everything he does is great. I am still a fan of his music, less so of his opinions and general negativity about everything and everyone. He's had some amazing songs (e.g. jack the ripper) and some clamourous clag (sweetie pie, fantastic bird, etc). Almost every time he opens his mouth in interviews he sounds spoilt and cantankerous and seems to openly invite controversy regardless of people's feelings.
Cancelling concerts is unacceptable unless very sick. Banning moderators of websites from concerts is unacceptable. Playing for only an hour is unacceptable. Making it hard to be a Moz fan (without being ridiculed) is unacceptable. Producing shit songs without seriously questioning the abilities of your songwriters is unacceptable. Producing shit songs while other bands like James release their best album in years is unacceptable. I think all of these things and yet I will buy the new Moz album in the hope that is a return to form. In your eyes am I not a fan?
P.s. I don't particularly care if you reply or not.

So is Morrissey HIV positive or an alcoholic? What is the root cause of his health issues? I'm curious about the medical consensus around here?

He can have both...there's no need to choose.

What a load of toss. You should think about growing up. I've been a Moz fan since the late 80's and have bought everything and attended a shitload of his concerts, but I am not stupid enough to claim everything he does is great. I am still a fan of his music, less so of his opinions and general negativity about everything and everyone. He's had some amazing songs (e.g. jack the ripper) and some clamourous clag (sweetie pie, fantastic bird, etc). Almost every time he opens his mouth in interviews he sounds spoilt and cantankerous and seems to openly invite controversy regardless of people's feelings.
Cancelling concerts is unacceptable unless very sick. Banning moderators of websites from concerts is unacceptable. Playing for only an hour is unacceptable. Making it hard to be a Moz fan (without being ridiculed) is unacceptable. Producing shit songs without seriously questioning the abilities of your songwriters is unacceptable. Producing shit songs while other bands like James release their best album in years is unacceptable. I think all of these things and yet I will buy the new Moz album in the hope that is a return to form. In your eyes am I not a fan?

Well said that man.

PS: The James album is a joyous, uplifting, lyrically magnificent delight.

So is Morrissey HIV positive or an alcoholic? What is the root cause of his health issues? I'm curious about the medical consensus around here?

Remember Noel Gallagher said he was drinking vodka in pints. He was very impressed with his drinking ability

Last edited:

What you perceive and deem as unacceptable is accepted by a helluva lot of people.

The idea "I like you not your behavior" does not work-ever. You are on the team or you aren't.

I like/love a lot of the music and the concerts 91-94, but his behaviour, especially regarding the band, increasingly riles me.

On a similar note, it is his need to fully 'control' the musicians that has stopped him working with genuinely gifted people and left us with so much stodge in his back catalogue. Alain Whyte was the only talented songwriter among them. Jesse Tobias wrote the music to I Just Want to See the Boy Happy.

Sadly, after much thinking, I have to agree. Especially looking at at James and their new album. But also how James work. And I really mean it when I say sadly.

You're as bad as Barleymoan. You're certainly not a fan, so f*** off, you miserable old c***.

I think we need to say regarding Kristonti, "Well that was awkward and informative and they suck." and move on and start focusing on the album. :cool:

Boz's statement was a bit monty Python-esque. 'Right! I'm very angry about this. I won't sit idly by.... Goodbye'.

Certainly some fair points but I have to disagree about "Fantastic Bird".

Moz is f***ing always fighting his corner, without the aid of ANYONE. And now two of his friends are sticking their necks out for him, and most of you here react with contempt? You f***ing people make me sick.

At last Moz gets some support and (seemingly) takes a step back. And who can f***ing blame him? He's probably exhausted from all the bullshit that's been happening around him the last few years. God, give him a break, you vultures.

Moz is f***ing always fighting his corner, without the aid of ANYONE. And now two of his friends are sticking their necks out for him, and most of you here react with contempt? You f***ing people make me sick.

At last Moz gets some support and (seemingly) takes a step back. And who can f***ing blame him? He's probably exhausted from all the bullshit that's been happening around him the last few years. God, give him a break, you vultures.

Well said.

And well done Boz and Jesse.

You're as bad as Barleymoan. You're certainly not a fan, so f*** off, you miserable old c***.

I am not particularly old, you ageist ape. But I am not tone deaf and have been around long enough to be able to tell the difference between great Moz songs and weaker efforts. I don't appreciate your bleatings just because I've said something that you disagree with. Speaking of age: you should check out the health of your eardrums if you think everything Moz does is great. That is not a true fan. That's just an asshole who thinks they have the right to tell people to shut up. You don't have that right and have no power over me or anyone else on Moz solo. You've just let yourself down. Probably not for the first time. Morrissey must be thrilled to have a 'fan' like you.

... I am still a fan of his music, less so of his opinions and general negativity about everything and everyone. ... Almost every time he opens his mouth in interviews he sounds spoilt and cantankerous and seems to openly invite controversy regardless of people's feelings.

Moz has been quite critical of others since the beginning. To me, it appears that his negativity/hatred towards everything could be fuelled by self loathing.
I say this because I am a self loather who is accused of the same things (criticising others, negative attitudes, callousness) although I do not intend to offend anyone. It's something that I personally find difficult to control. I too lose friends etc because of it.

Of course, I'm not saying Moz's issue is exactly the same as mine, but it's a possibility.

I believe that's enough bus-stop psychology for one night!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom