TTY: Boz Boorer statement

Boz Statement - TTY

Boz Boorer statement
19 June 2014

I have just returned from 5 days in the mountains of Portugal where I am cut off from the internet. It appears I have missed an awful lot. Search as I have I can only find snippets of Tony Visconti's postings and I am very shocked and disappointed at what I have read and can only wonder why he immediately withdrew the postings with no explanation. Kristeen has been a constant companion on the road for so long and I am also bewildered by her actions also immediately withdrawn from view. I hate to throw wood on an already blazing fire but I am afraid I cannot sit back and watch this slander.
Boz Boorer

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140619_01

Unless I missed something, Tony's only 'slanderous' statements on Facebook were that:
1)Kristine would be better off without Morrissey. At this point I think we can all agree this is true - she's won all of his fanbase over as she's going to, and is doing herself no favours sticking with him and playing to indifferent (at best) audiences.
2)Everything on the tour comes from Morrissey - he cannot be 'handled'. Again, where is the controversy here - since The Smiths, Moz has always been un-managable, and his own boss. No-one tells him what to do.
3)Moz's diet is pizza, chips and booze. This must be the one that's really upset him, though it would explain why he is ill all the time.

I think #3, which infers Moz is a lush (and to a lesser degree the alcohol is responsible for his health issues) is what has set the sails flapping.

Was it ever?

Well, if we can't read show reviews and discuss the setlists, backdrops, shirt tosses, stage banter, and Morrissey's security violently throttling stage invaders by the neck then, yes, this has been a reasonable substitute over the past 10 days.

Wrong. He is involving himself by proxy in a tit-for-tat war by getting other people to make statements, while at the same time pretending to be above it all.

Just like Kristeen did on Facebook.

I think #3, which infers Moz is a lush (and to a lesser degree the alcohol is responsible for his health issues) is what has set the sails flapping.

If this is the case, is Boz really the one you want defending your name in a tiff over nutrition and temperance? All due respect to Boz, of course.

Signed,
A guy who had pizza, chips, and booze yesterday.

I remember telling a doctor I know about the bleeding ulcer and Barrett's esophagus and the first thing they said was "He's a heavy drinker"

Or maybe it's just TV projecting?

He made a big pretentious statement on FB a while back, about how he had given up drinking. I think he's the issues are his not Morrisseys and maybe that's why he's so bitter.

I think Julia has gone Maverick. She's making up these "news" posts and no one in camp Morrissey can get hold of her.

Lol, she's holed up in a suite at the Ritz somewhere with unwashed hair and crazy eye plotting her revenge for having to hear Fantastic Failure 400 times. "Heh, heh. I'll show them."

Because you know what really happened *uh-huh*.

If you choose to believe people are making statements on his behalf, rather than making them as grown adults who have worked with both parties and are defending the person they feel have been wronged, that's up to you.

Duh - hello - this is True to You. Julia ONLY posts items on her site that have come via Morrissey, and with his backing - otherwise she would instantly lose all support. She doesn't issue random statements from Morrissey's band members - until now. Both Boz and Jesse's statements come at the behest of Morrissey. If you can't work that out, then I despair.

Just like Kristeen did on Facebook.

I'm not defending her. Or Visconti, who has revealed himself as a real twat.

I must admit the whole Morrissey thing has spooked me every since he started forcing his band to wear embarassing t-shirts. Do human rights not apply?

I remember telling a doctor I know about the bleeding ulcer and Barrett's esophagus and the first thing they said was "He's a heavy drinker"

Well that's conclusive then! Despite not knowing the rest of his medical history...

And of course your story is, like, totally true!

Re: Boz Statement - TTY

I'm honestly struggling to see why this was posted. Everyone else had forgotten and moved on. If Moz has something to say, then say it, not have paid yes-men shout into the wilderness while you cower with a blanket on the couch.

P.

I'd say it's simply a public show of solidarity -- solidarity we all probably presumed existed without an official statement, but there you go.

Duh - hello - this is True to You. Julia ONLY posts items on her site that have come via Morrissey, and with his backing - otherwise she would instantly lose all support. She doesn't issue random statements from Morrissey's band members - until now. Both Boz and Jesse's statements come at the behest of Morrissey. If you can't work that out, then I despair.

Except that I am well aware Morrissey would have to give the okay.

That doesn't mean that he has instigated or written the statement in anyway and if you can't see the difference then I despair.

If this is the case, is Boz really the one you want defending your name in a tiff over nutrition and temperance? All due respect to Boz, of course.

Signed,
A guy who had pizza, chips, and booze yesterday.

Lol, point taken.

Moz's band aren't getting paid to write these -- it's not like he's going to fire them if they don't. Kristeen relied on Moz for her livelihood, til she and Tony got it in her head that she was (or was about to be) bigger than Moz.

You do realise, that as the support artist, Kristeen doesn't actually get a cut of any tour profits. The only money she 'earns' is whatever merch she can sell. If you wanted to say she depended on Tony for her livelihood - OK, now we are closer to the mark.

As for Morrissey's band - Boz included - they are as disposable as lawnmower parts - if they don't do EXACTLY what he says, or they will be out on their ears, and he'll replace them with someone else. OF COURSE they are going to stick up for their boss and do whatever he wants them to do. They aren't even allowed to choose their own clothes to wear for each gig. What makes you think they are allowed to broadcast their own options to the world all over Morrissey's personal website without him being behind it? Do you seriously think this and Jesse's statements were made without Morrissey's knowledge and complicity? Are you that naïve?

Or maybe it's just TV projecting?

He made a big pretentious statement on FB a while back, about how he had given up drinking. I think he's the issues are his not Morrisseys and maybe that's why he's so bitter.

TV is diabetic, so there may be something to that. Many heavy drinkers end up with the disease so who knows.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom