TTY: Boz Boorer statement

Boz Statement - TTY

Boz Boorer statement
19 June 2014

I have just returned from 5 days in the mountains of Portugal where I am cut off from the internet. It appears I have missed an awful lot. Search as I have I can only find snippets of Tony Visconti's postings and I am very shocked and disappointed at what I have read and can only wonder why he immediately withdrew the postings with no explanation. Kristeen has been a constant companion on the road for so long and I am also bewildered by her actions also immediately withdrawn from view. I hate to throw wood on an already blazing fire but I am afraid I cannot sit back and watch this slander.
Boz Boorer

http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_140619_01

Unless I missed something, Tony's only 'slanderous' statements on Facebook were that:
1)Kristine would be better off without Morrissey. At this point I think we can all agree this is true - she's won all of his fanbase over as she's going to, and is doing herself no favours sticking with him and playing to indifferent (at best) audiences.
2)Everything on the tour comes from Morrissey - he cannot be 'handled'. Again, where is the controversy here - since The Smiths, Moz has always been un-managable, and his own boss. No-one tells him what to do.
3)Moz's diet is pizza, chips and booze. This must be the one that's really upset him, though it would explain why he is ill all the time.

I can only guess Morrissey was especially offended by Tony Visconti's accusation that his diet consists solely of pizza, chips and booze.

Ah yes, but US chips or UK chips? I remember being in, Charlotte, I think it was some years ago, buying a sandwich, and the lady asked "would you like some chips with that?", my English chip-shop memories came flooding back - "I would!", I replied - well, they're next to you in that rack. Disappointed.

P.

This is just embarrassing now. This is SO clearly written at Morrissey's instigation - Boz NEVER does anything to rock the boat. "I am afraid I cannot sit back and watch this slander."
Yeah - right - Moz, grow the f*** up, get some balls of your own, and if you have something to say - say it yourself, instead of through your hired underlings.

He's already said it, in the statement on to TTY.

The only statement I'm interested in reading is Alain's. I'm sure he'd confirm everything Tony and Kristeen have claimed about Camp Moz.

I love how Moz is holed up wherever he is while dictating to his employees to continue the shit slinging.

3)Moz's diet is pizza, chips and booze. This must be the one that's really upset him, though it would explain why he is ill all the time.
That's what I call good eats.

The fire had already pretty well died out, actually.

If you're shocked and disappointed with Young and Visconti, why not call them up and tell them that directly? Surely Boz has both of their personal numbers or emails.

It's fine to me if the Moz camp is upset by their actions. I just think the wise thing would be to handle it out of view...

The only statement I'm interested in reading is Alain's. I'm sure he'd confirm everything Tony and Kristeen have claimed about Camp Moz.

While we are at it let's drag Spencer and Peter Hogg out to give their statements.

If you're shocked and disappointed with Young and Visconti, why not call them up and tell them that directly? Surely Boz has both of their personal numbers or emails.

It's fine to me if the Moz camp is upset by their actions. I just think the wise thing would be to handle it out of view...

But then it wouldn't be so entertaining

He's already said it, in the statement on to TTY.
No - that was BEFORE the shitstorm on facebook - Morrissey only made the statement where he lied about Kristeen being ill and causing the tour to be cancelled.
He hasn't got the balls to respond to being called out for his lies, so he's just getting his paid underlings to do it for him instead.
Gustavo's statement on how terribly hurt he is by Tony and Kristeen's statements is probably being dictated to him now, and will be released on True To You next week.

It was just sort of starting to die down as far as I'm concerned; as the release of the album draws near, many people are starting to forget this stuff. Not sure why Boz now feels the need to present what is basically half a statement.
Also, Moz won't comment directly on this because of his intensely private nature; he wants to rise above this tit for tat war of words and won't make a personal statement regarding this issue. Which is fair enough.

Wrong. He is involving himself by proxy in a tit-for-tat war by getting other people to make statements, while at the same time pretending to be above it all.

This says a a lot. Boz worked with Kristeen and Tony on her album and still he's bewildered by the backlash. I think what he's saying is despite touring with her closely for so long and working closely with Tony, he doesn't understand where it's coming from...unless it's a bitchiness that's been stewing for quite some time and Kristeen and Tony were just putting on airs with both Boz and Morrissey for a long time. This is what he finds bewildering.

Bravo

So, does he disagree with Kristeen's statements? He never really addresses anything specific.

He never really addresses anything specific.

The fact that Boz never mentions anything specific just adds to the sense that he was forced by Moz to say 'something' negative about Kristeen and Tony, and this vague waffle is the best he could come up with.
I wonder if Boz is still allowed to sell copies of KY's LP at his Vinyl Boutique shop on Camden, or if Moz has forced him to smash them all up with a hammer?
Someone should pop in tomorrow and find out if it's still on sale.

People who are posting on TTY in support of Morrissey are closer to him than any of us. Maybe they're doing this not because they are paid henchmen or whatever, but because they actually care about him. Maybe he really did "love" Kristeen and this breakup or whatever you want to call it has devastated him. They can see how it has affected him while we can't. It was a long friendship/relationship, and he championed her much to the dismay, annoyance, and ear-rape of many of his own fans. She has acted like a high school mean girl who has her foolish, old, pervy teacher Tony's dick on a leash. Tony jumping into the fray was the first person taking sides, so then the rest of the side-taking has followed.

Moz's band aren't getting paid to write these -- it's not like he's going to fire them if they don't. Kristeen relied on Moz for her livelihood, til she and Tony got it in her head that she was (or was about to be) bigger than Moz. Furthermore, he welcomed her into the fold and it seemed that everyone had become friends, now this. His band members speaking out looks like they're shocked by her face to face behavior vs. her online behavior.

Morrissey gave her many, many opportunities she would never have had on her own or with just Tony's support, but she wanted to fly the nest and test her wings. Moz wanted her to be successful, but she made it like all of her "accomplishments" touring the world instead of playing very small clubs were her own doing. That's gratitude for ya.

Uh...where is the slander? Kristeen said she wasn't sick, Tony said she was better off without him. Maybe Boz needs to read the definition of "slander."

No - that was BEFORE the shitstorm on facebook - Morrissey only made the statement where he lied about Kristeen being ill and causing the tour to be cancelled.
He hasn't got the balls to respond to being called out for his lies, so he's just getting his paid underlings to do it for him instead.
Gustavo's statement on how terribly hurt he is by Tony and Kristeen's statements is probably being dictated to him now, and will be released on True To You next week.

Because you know what really happened *uh-huh*.

Morrissey made a statement about why the tour was cancelled and expressing his disappointment about several things.

He's not obliged to respond to Tony & KY's muck raking and unprofessional behavior.

If you choose to believe people are making statements on his behalf, rather than making them as grown adults who have worked with both parties and are defending the person they feel have been wronged, that's up to you. But don;t pretend you know what's actually going on.

If you hate Morrissey so much, why are you on a forum dedicated to him? I'm guessing you're a KY fan - why not go and start a site for her instead. She needs all the help she can get, being short on talent and all.

Boz is a long time Moz collaborator who has worked closely with KV and also TV. He has a recording studio in Portugal, a record store in London, his band with the Polecats and many collaborations . He is not a man in need of Morrissey's paycheck. He is a nice bloke who doesn't make statements lightly and that was actually there, unlike TV. Could it be that he is truly disappointed ?

More importantly, can we move on now? England plays today, etc.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom