TTY: Audience in LA; FYF concert footage by Sam Esty Rayner

TTY have posted another video of the crowds at a Morrissey gig. There's certainly a lot of love and passion for him.

Does Morrissey have input to content on the site, or is Julia?

(The YouTube footage shows Morrissey audience, Los Angeles, August 2015)

I know there was a fantastic atmosphere in the audience of the shows I attended.

I think when he writes something its his show but I believe she more contol and say than many think. I don't think he cares that much aside from having a mouth piece when he wants it

Morrissey is a control freak, and Julia is in an entirely subservient position, relying on him for continuing to give True to You his 'official' seal, plus of course giving her free tickets to every show and access to the barrier. She would not dare publish anything on there without his blessing - the risk of accidentally upsetting him is far, far too high. Why on Earth would she chance it, and risk losing everything?

However, it's interesting to note how much Sam Esty Rayner material is cropping up these days. I would not be surprised if Sam is angling himself into the role of publicist, and putting a lot of the material forward.

Morrissey is a control freak, and Julia is in an entirely subservient position, relying on him for continuing to give True to You his 'official' seal, plus of course giving her free tickets to every show and access to the barrier. She would not dare publish anything on there without his blessing - the risk of accidentally upsetting him is far, far too high. Why on Earth would she chance it, and risk losing everything?

However, it's interesting to note how much Sam Esty Rayner material is cropping up these days. I would not be surprised if Sam is angling himself into the role of publicist, and putting a lot of the material forward.

what is everything. i dont see ads on the site so what does she get other than approval from him if that. it doesnt appear that she makes any money at it as far as i know. do you think shes doing it for the free tickets. he probably just set a parameter of content and that was it. i dont know for sure but i dont see him getting to angry at it or her spending a lot of time at it either as it doesnt get content posted all that much. its just there for when he wants it and when she feels like posting im guessing. has she even said anything public in a while

TTY have posted another video of the crowds at a Morrissey gig. There's certainly a lot of love and passion for him.

Morrissey audience, Los Angeles, August 2015 - true-to-you.net
22 September 2015

0:15
Filmed by Sam Esty Rayner

(The YouTube footage shows Morrissey audience, Los Angeles, August 2015)

I know there was a fantastic atmosphere in the audience of the shows I attended.

Also:

Posted by Famous when dead in the forums:

Sam gives us another gig via YouTube:
Morrissey - FYF - 23rd, August, 2015 (1:00:30).
Unfortunately, like previous, the sound is not brilliant.
That said, I'm not looking any gift horses in any mouths.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's funny. The first time that Sam graced us with his "films" I made a comment on the thread about having seen much better footage shot from the crowd and slapped onto youtube, and was shouted down as being completely wrong by a few of the solo nutties. Was I so wrong?

It's funny. The first time that Sam graced us with his "films" I made a comment on the thread about having seen much better footage shot from the crowd and slapped onto youtube, and was shouted down as being completely wrong by a few of the solo nutties. Was I so wrong?

you were right. the audio on this is bloody awful.

you were right. the audio on this is bloody awful.
That's the thing I just don't get. The internet is full of overly bass heavy distorted concert footage. I don't care to watch anybody, I don't care who- prance around a stage if the sound quality isn't there. I don't listen to music with my eyes. Never have.

It is rather odd that the average audience member gets a reasonable recording (some even dvd worthy), yet Sam is advertising his 'cinematography' on some redundant bit of tech or other. The footage is wobbly, poor and the sound when on a tv is shocking.
His work is rapidly becoming the video equivalent of a certain miss K.Young - continually hanging on, difficult to watch and abhorrent to the ears.
Beggars can't be choosers, but buy some equipment Sam please - there is nothing 'edgy' about poor quality.
Regards,
FWD

It is rather odd that the average audience member gets a reasonable recording (some even dvd worthy), yet Sam is advertising his 'cinematography' on some redundant bit of tech or other. The footage is wobbly, poor and the sound when on a tv is shocking.
His work is rapidly becoming the video equivalent of a certain miss K.Young - continually hanging on, difficult to watch and abhorrent to the ears.
Beggars can't be choosers, but buy some equipment Sam please - there is nothing 'edgy' about poor quality.
Regards,
FWD

its not just equipment. what do you think the audience member you say is shooting better quality on is using, a high tech set up. i dont think hes a great film maker but he really hasnt claimed to be one either and that he was learning. why hold him to a standard thathes not even holding himself to unless people just want to bash a person needlessly

You would think that being 'in' with Moz would mean you have access to soundboard recordings.

This is completely amateur and kind of embarrassing that Moz 'endorses/encourages' this

he would have to plug his iphone to the board which will then f up the video decent audio but a tiny blurred moz.
i think the one iphone is the sam video dept. amateur hour.

its not just equipment. what do you think the audience member you say is shooting better quality on is using, a high tech set up. i dont think hes a great film maker but he really hasnt claimed to be one either and that he was learning. why hold him to a standard thathes not even holding himself to unless people just want to bash a person needlessly
I have no malice towards that person.
Someone who is claiming it's their job - making other things besides Moz videos should have equipment of a reasonable quality especially when presenting it on an "official" site.
Many of us are old enough to remember concert photographers (almost vanished these days) that would sell gig pictures after an event - being near the stage - using decent cameras. It's the equivalent of those people using disposable cameras instead of high end SLRs.
There are no 'standards' here. If people can achieve better results with telephone cameras /sound recording - it would make sense for someone in a privileged position with amazing access to present something better to the world as an advert for their abilities and family member.
Also, the soundboard can make digital copies on the fly of the gig and he could easily sync great audio via freeware like audacity to make amazing videos.
If this is part of his 'learning process' I would suggest by looking at his concert work that he has only just learned how to record on a phone and has a very long journey ahead of him.
Being critical of his 'finished' work is not a character assassination or 'bash'.
FWD

I feel like this guy should take full advantage of the access he's given and invest in professional equipment and start documenting these shows a lot better. Let's face it these are the end times and these shows are important. It seems like this amateur just arrives half prepared shooting from an iPhone

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom