TTY asks for our support to make Moz no.1

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
Here, and a new pic too...

morrissey_and_trees_2.jpg

I got the download on Sunday, and the CD & CD/DVD arrived today, so, fingers crossed.

Peter

a tie between lily allen and him..hmm.. Im afraid she will get the No 1...

Here, and a new pic too...

morrissey_and_trees_2.jpg

I got the download on Sunday, and the CD & CD/DVD arrived today, so, fingers crossed.

Peter

So is there no mention of TTY on any of the releases artwork/sleeves? The website has been prominent for years but no longer?

Has the record company said to keep the amateur off or some other reason?

Edit: Just to clarify, I was asking if it was, not saying it wasn't. The YOR ad that I saw didn't have it listed but did have itsmorrisseysworld and losthighway sites on it.

Last edited:
So is there no mention of TTY on any of the releases artwork/sleeves? The website has been prominent for years but no longer?

Has the record company said to keep the amateur off or some other reason?

It is definitely there on the insert that comes with the CD/DVD combo, and also the standard CD insert. It's also on the digital booklet.

Peter

It is definitely there on the insert that comes with the CD/DVD combo, and also the standard CD insert. It's also on the digital booklet.

and the vinyl inner

I always ask this with the singles but when I buy a UK import does it count toward UK chart placings? My guess is that it doesn't, so what does it count toward ranking-wise? Nada?

I made my contribution to Mozonomics.

In downloads only (well, iTunes), Moz is 3 to Lilly Allen's 1 at the moment (evening of Wednesday 18th February)...

24q8uu0.jpg

Now I would have thought that Lily Allen's demographic would be more likely to be downloading, and Morrissey's demographic would be more likely to buy the physical product. If the chart above is anything to go by, I think there's a chance for a Moz No.1.

Peter

But our Morrissey isn't interested in chart position:

"...[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]An equally surprising fact, that Morrissey is at a loss to explain is how, despite the many critically acclaimed songs, inspired lyrics and catchy pop tunes he's written, he's never had a number one hit. It's a predicament that's seen him criticise regular chart toppers like Madonna, Elton John and George Michael, claiming their lyrics are pointless and that they're more interested in being celebrities than musicians.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"I think the reason for it is because people are quite straightforward creatures on the whole. Even though they like power ballads and something that will make them a bit weepy on a Friday night, they don't want to be cross-examined or quizzed through the power of song," he reasons. "They just want a simple life."[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"That's why there are very few people who are true, unshakeable, groundbreaking artists who grab the masses. It just doesn't happen," asserts Morrissey. "Usually anything that's grabbed by the masses is utterly useless and completely artless.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"That used to annoy me, as did not having a number one. But it doesn't matter to me now," he insists. "Really, it only strikes a chord with me because when I was growing up, as a child of the 60s and a child of pop music, the notion of a Top 20 hit actually meant something.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"But now they don't. Now they're meaningless, despite a great emphasis being put on them, because so many people have had them and they're soon forgotten," he surmises. "Besides, a lot of these people, five minutes from now, won't mean anything to anyone, whereas I do mean something to a lot of people and always will. So, I'm perfectly happy with the position I've acquired. I'd much rather be me than most other people."..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]from[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Rip It Up[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif], February/March 2009[/FONT][/FONT]

Anyway, a No 1 chart position hasn't done anyone any harm so... fingers crossed. I don't think he'd mind.

But our Morrissey isn't interested in chart position:

"...[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]An equally surprising fact, that Morrissey is at a loss to explain is how, despite the many critically acclaimed songs, inspired lyrics and catchy pop tunes he's written, he's never had a number one hit. It's a predicament that's seen him criticise regular chart toppers like Madonna, Elton John and George Michael, claiming their lyrics are pointless and that they're more interested in being celebrities than musicians.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"I think the reason for it is because people are quite straightforward creatures on the whole. Even though they like power ballads and something that will make them a bit weepy on a Friday night, they don't want to be cross-examined or quizzed through the power of song," he reasons. "They just want a simple life."[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"That's why there are very few people who are true, unshakeable, groundbreaking artists who grab the masses. It just doesn't happen," asserts Morrissey. "Usually anything that's grabbed by the masses is utterly useless and completely artless.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"That used to annoy me, as did not having a number one. But it doesn't matter to me now," he insists. "Really, it only strikes a chord with me because when I was growing up, as a child of the 60s and a child of pop music, the notion of a Top 20 hit actually meant something.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]"But now they don't. Now they're meaningless, despite a great emphasis being put on them, because so many people have had them and they're soon forgotten," he surmises. "Besides, a lot of these people, five minutes from now, won't mean anything to anyone, whereas I do mean something to a lot of people and always will. So, I'm perfectly happy with the position I've acquired. I'd much rather be me than most other people."..."[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]from[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif]Rip It Up[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, Serif], February/March 2009[/FONT][/FONT]

He might say that, but he sure as hell doesn't mean it. Remember that e-mail to Merck about the lost day preventing Quarry from being number 1, and other complaints about the publicists failing (at the time of The Youngest Was The Most Loved). Morrissey will be jumping in the air and clicking his heels for weeks to come of YOR makes No.1 this weekend.

Peter

You're right Peter.

It's the same as him constantly going on about not wanting a Brit award. You know full well that if he was given Songwriter or Live performer award he'd be up on the stage in a shot!

He said in the MTV2 interview that his last gig will not be overtly planned etc.

*Jimmy Hill*

I reckon he'd do it at Old Trafford (MUFC).

Does anybody know its chart position in Germany? :)
we have to wait and see for the charts noting...go to media markt at the end of the week prob.. friday... and look for the top 100 paper hanging over the charts "pyramid"

He might say that, but he sure as hell doesn't mean it. Remember that e-mail to Merck about the lost day preventing Quarry from being number 1, and other complaints about the publicists failing (at the time of The Youngest Was The Most Loved). Morrissey will be jumping in the air and clicking his heels for weeks to come of YOR makes No.1 this weekend.

Peter

Absolutely right. Moz is more obsessed with chart positions and sales figures than anyone else in the history of recorded music!
It's the key reason why he's agreed to do so much publicity; interviews on Radio 4, XfM, MTV, concerts on Radio 2, appearances on the One Show, Wossie, etc. He would kill to get another number one album, especially after the NME immigration episode...

Tags
man hater mary
Back
Top Bottom