TTY: All The Fun Of The Circus

I was worried something like this would happen. Yes - we know circuses are dreadful places. We know. But the day after appalling bombings and shootings, and he urges more bombings. Sorry. Crass, opportunistic and shitty.

Morrissey's believes animals should have every right humans should have, be free, not be eaten or tortured. I believe it really kills him inside everytime he watches the Meat is Murder video. Millions of animals are very cruely killed each day, 200 people being killed is horrific, but to him millions a day is almost too much to bear.

The best way for Moz to get his messages across is to get an album deal and release a kick-ass album that ranks with the best of his career. Posting stuff about animals the day after Paris is not going to endear him to any potential record company. He should stay off TTY in my opinion and only use it for Moz news (not opinions). True, people are killed everyday and the media tends to focus almost exclusively on western white deaths, but regardless of who is killed there has to be a sense of decorum. What Moz said at the Chile concert was in good taste. TTY wasn't. Unfortunately the internet postings live forever whereas the vocal sentiment, to quote The Jam, is like 'lost laughter on the breeze'.

Nothing about the state of the world shocks me anymore. Nothing. Not the latest attacks and certainly not future ones. That does not mean that I don't feel great sadness for the people of France. In fact, my heart aches for Paris, but to say I'm shocked would be a lie. It is the way of the world we live. London, Washington DC, Tokyo, and other cities from all corners of the world could be blown to smithereens tomorrow, but what can we do? We are heading towards a third world war quickly. As people we must change the way we think and feel. We must be more accepting and sympathetic. All types of brutality and cruelty must stop between man. In doing so, these actions would also stop with animals. But, it starts with animals because if you can freely kill and torture animals, there is no stopping what you will do to your fellow man. It's that simple. Ignorance breeds hate and hate breeds violence and so on and so on.

Do I feel that mankind will change? No. Not in this life. But there is always hope that life will be peaceful in the next world.

Will you all think about that before you verbally kick my head in? Probably not, but that's the problem.

Everyone loves Morrissey as long as he's singing songs that make them believe he knows them, but the second he expresses an opinion the same people heap loads of abuse on him for daring not to agree with them.

Yes, yes... Because I eat bacon for breakfast sometimes, the world will remain at war.
The man is increasingly full of shit, and losing the ability to craft a meaningful and impactful metaphor.

We should make examining the motivations behind the violence that humans do to one another
the primary social justice issue in the world. What makes a man feel that one God or another is on their side, and gives them the right to take by force, and do harm to others. Address the lack of empathy, opportunities in life, safety, LOVE- that spurs a human being to extreme acts of violence
and murder. It has f*** all to do with meat eating. It's a ridiculous correlation that only a nut job can preach or take seriously.
Ship a thousand tons of tofu and bean sprouts to the Middle East. Pass Veganism as part of Sharia law. This would not dampen the violent instincts of man at all.
The only thing I could see making an impact is some kind of summit involving the heads of major religions coming together and reaching some sort of peace treaty. Of course then, I would imagine that one of the demands would be the immediate withdrawal of Jews from the area, and that will not happen in our lifetimes.

But maybe- just maybe- if we can feed them a healthy protein heavy cruelty free meal of vegetarian beans and rice beforehand, they will not feel such carnist bloodlust in their hearts and a miracle will happen. All men, women, and children will join hands and sing Every day is like Sunday in the streets, and peace shall ring out across the land. Rainbows. Kittens. Quiffs and ice cream for all...

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. I don't feel that a talk of treaty between scumbag politicians will
change anything. Never has never will (more or less). People will go on believing their ideologies and committing hate crimes/war regardless of laws passed or a new leadership.

I feel strongly about going to the root of problems. It will take longer and we won't see it in our lifetime.
I think it starts in the home.. Everything from what we choose to eat to what words we choose to use..
and most importantly how we use our attention/love and where that attention/love is placed/used.

Then as children are handed to the world... changes in education and what passes for education and what/who is this institution serving? the individual? the people? or those controlling the people?

Also there has to be a shift in emphasis on what is considered normal/abnormal and forced convention upon people who want to live their lives as individuals. And not be forced by the use of bully tactics and fear by
the educational system,media,tradition,religion,prison,etc that forms a person not for the better.

I still stand by what I said about M having to say things in a extreme way in order to get that subject that he feels strongly about the attention it needs, regardless of how 'poorly worded' ungraceful,etc it looks in print.

ANIMAL LIVES and HUMAN ANIMAL LIVES are ONE and THE SAME. That is all.

It starts at the dinner plate. And again we won't see it in our lifetime. But as soon as the human race realizes(knows through feeling) that it does not need to destroy animal lives for consumption,etc then in turn the human race will realize that it does not need to destroy other human animal lives though war to solve problems.

This change in human awareness/consciousness HAS TO HAPPEN.. otherwise... both we and planet earth are.... DOOMED. :straightface:

Last edited:
Yeah, I never understood how someone who likes Morrissey could be so empty-headed, but that's people for ya. Mozzer's comments are so right, as per usual. I hope he has listened to Mistro's _The Tragedy of Birth_. Totally cool.

#GoVegan

Everyone loves Morrissey as long as he's singing songs that make them believe he knows them, but the second he expresses an opinion the same people heap loads of abuse on him for daring not to agree with them.

The simple truth is that will never be world peace until all circuses, slaughterhouses, the British Royal Family & critics of 'List of the Lost' are bombed back into the Stone Age.

I totally agree with you No1uno about the interchangeability.

In regards to the TTY 'circus' post. I was just presenting the way I see it...Since so few on this thread did.

Fair enough and thank you. Even with all the differences, I believe in common ground. I am alway willing to hear another opinion, even if I don't agree. And in the same vein, we are all valid, just taken to different levels of tolerance which makes some angry inside at others. Given the scope of the type of fans and differing life experiences, this thread has been pretty tame.

and if you want to see really f@@@cked up, just check out this convo memorialized as a link in CG's signature http://www.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?p=1986766590#post1986766590 sometimes people don't let go, bringing the past that haunts but worn as a sign of the present

Last edited:
Nothing about the state of the world shocks me anymore. Nothing. Not the latest attacks and certainly not future ones. That does not mean that I don't feel great sadness for the people of France. In fact, my heart aches for Paris, but to say I'm shocked would be a lie. It is the way of the world we live. London, Washington DC, Tokyo, and other cities from all corners of the world could be blown to smithereens tomorrow, but what can we do? We are heading towards a third world war quickly. As people we must change the way we think and feel. We must be more accepting and sympathetic. All types of brutality and cruelty must stop between man. In doing so, these actions would also stop with animals. But, it starts with animals because if you can freely kill and torture animals, there is no stopping what you will do to your fellow man. It's that simple. Ignorance breeds hate and hate breeds violence and so on and so on.

Do I feel that mankind will change? No. Not in this life. But there is always hope that life will be peaceful in the next world.

Will you all think about that before you verbally kick my head in? Probably not, but that's the problem.

I agree and thank you for a beautiful reply. I have thought about this and kind of ran it through my head like this. What if I sat down at the dinner table and told my wife and kids that I thought this politician, this meat eater, this organization is worthless, less than dirt and should be bombed back to the stone ages. I just feel that this would be very fundamentalist behavior that when striking the right mind can only breed a zealot. And in fact, I do have issues that I believe in, but I try to develop a system for conveyance that will not include hate and anger. It starts with the immediate world around me. Everybody has amazing attributes about themselves and we all have faults. I want to cultivate positive change topics in the world around me by planting a reasonable seed of thought. I don't want to ostracize and drive away with fringe extremism that crucifies a belief. I have found that it only further drives the fence sitters to the others side. Sure, you get the praise of the already converted but you gain no traction with the people who want to hear a well thought out concept eating or political view or business responsibility.

The simple truth is that will never be world peace until all circuses, slaughterhouses, the British Royal Family & critics of 'List of the Lost' are bombed back into the Stone Age.

I wave my private parts at you ! Lol !

Benny-the-French-Butcher

:thumb: agree,agree,agree. thank you. Honestly, I don't listen to the 'news' anymore because it makes me feel so sick and helpless(which maybe is the media's agenda+I don't own a T.V.). So I didn't know about the horrifying Paris event until I read about it here (my god!) on 'solo'.

:thumb: agree,agree,agree. thank you. Honestly, I don't listen to the 'news' anymore because it makes me feel so sick and helpless(which maybe is the media's agenda+I don't own a T.V.). So I didn't know about the horrifying Paris event until I read about it here (my god!) on 'solo'.

Ooo ! How very Steven of you not having a TV eh ! Don't tell me ! You only communicate by fax as well !

Blessed is the cult of Silly Steven McMorrissey Jong Un CrankFruad and all the Luddites who worship at his alter.

Unbelievable, ffs! The futures so bright I gotta wear shades (in winter)

Next !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Ooo ! How very Steven of you not having a TV eh ! Don't tell me ! You only communicate by fax as well !

Blessed is the cult of Silly Steven McMorrissey Jong Un CrankFruad and all the Luddites who worship at his alter.

Unbelievable, ffs! The futures so bright I gotta wear shades (in winter)

Next !

Benny-the-British-Butcher ������

I don't know who this 'Steven' is...

But I believe M watches a bit of T.V.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT !

You're slipping,My man,... you're slipping.

NEXT !

I don't know who this 'Steven' is...

But I believe M watches a bit of T.V.

GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT !

You're slipping,My man,... you're slipping.

NEXT !

Put your hand in the fire ! Silly Steven says !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom