TTY: All The Best Ones Are Dead

not only was Burroughs a junkie and gay, he also shot his wife to death, and abandoned his only son. not to mention his books were awful gibberish. the perfect moz luminary a real sleaze.

In case you din't realize it Skinny, you're one of the "bumbling fools" he's talking about in this post. Oh so unaware.

Granny gone crazy

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/81...0p9eP4nI6RtVH0AzaJZd24f2o1jhL4wIALWHZiOytIw==

- - - Updated - - -

Mmmh ... I think this TTY entry has a strange tone to it. It's sounds rather defensive (for Moz).

The reason he cannot find ANYTHING is because he is only judging externally. There are quite possibly plenty of people who are interesting to connect with he just never tries.I beg to differ.Would this man give me the time of day? I sincerely doubt it as I cannot be found in 5 star hotels .Most things he says refer only to media and generalizations .Kind of like these people are this way or those people are that way. People are not always a collective they are someone INSIDE and I have gotten kind of tired of his diatribes. If art is what matters then MAKE ART . Stop making assumptions about other people and stop telling people who and what they are . You don't know Sh*t about me, Morrissey. You would not even take the time .It seems he managed to give his media game a rest and now he must flare up again to remind you of this .Makes no sense to me that he obviously lives with so much MORE and is used to it and has a little b*tch to do his dirty work unlike oh A LOT OF US IN THE WORLD .Go ahead, Morrissey come and find me. You won't. you won't you won't.

"Simplistic" is a diminutive. "Simpler time" is what he should've wrote. Calling the 50's simplistic is saying they were stupid or podunk.

I'll tell you what is driving his posts and pretty much everything lately - lack of control. He is an utter control freak, which even percolates down to his band members. He doesn't like this site because he can't control it. I recall Boz posting how he couldn't comment on something because he'd signed a contract to say he couldn't say anything. Morrissey had historically used his money to control. He now finds himself in a situation, due to his own behaviour, and no one else's, where he has no control over his destiny at all, because, due to his truculence and unreliability, he has pissed off pretty much anyone who could help him regain what he believes should be his rightful place at the top of the pile. There is one person left though.

Also - if you doubt it, ask yourself why he never does live interviews? On the rare occasions he has done them they have been utter car crashes. He cannot control what happens in the moment, but can when they are multi-stage interviews conducted by e-mail, or heavily vetted prior to publication as a condition. He has tried very, very hard to micro-manage his image projected to the public. It's all there in the song 'Public Image'

Don't forget not having an editor for the novel. :D

Last edited:
I, too, thought he was going to mention Bowie based on the title of his diatribe. His silence on Bowie is deafening. And speaking of Bowie, what of his insanely popular final album, Black Star(#1 world-wide for a while in the charts)? Surely, that's a sign that all is not wrong in this world.

Bowie made the right call not wanting his face on the Playboys reissue. Bowie wanted Moz to record Tin Machine's Mr. Ed in the early '90's and Moz refused. To each their own but why go away mad, Moz?

What Moz needs to do is put his face to the grindstone and focus on making some great music again.

I, too, thought he was going to mention Bowie based on the title of his diatribe. His silence on Bowie is deafening. And speaking of Bowie, what of his insanely popular final album, Black Star(#1 world-wide for a while in the charts)? Surely, that's a sign that all is not wrong in this world.

Bowie made the right call not wanting his face on the Playboys reissue. Bowie wanted Moz to record Tin Machine's Mr. Ed in the early '90's and Moz refused. To each their own but why go away mad, Moz?

What Moz needs to do is put his face to the grindstone and focus on making some great music again.

Exactly this. Moz needs to get back in the studio. Recording music. The past is the past...let it go. And music today is what it is. Stop talking and make a musical statement. We are here waiting for him to release another powerhouse album that will carry us away from all that he despises. He is the best at doing just that. Please enlist great musicians for this task Moz. I think he has it in him.

There's a sadness to this recent TTY post. Morrissey despairs for the way the world is, and who can blame him? I understand where this comes from. I hope he is OK, because there is something really quite "defeated" sounding in his tone. We've all had moments when we look at the world and feel disenchanted. Morrissey is only human. Let him air his feelings without the constant digs people here keep throwing at him.

Yeah, well this type of thing is to be said when you're drunk and quickly forgotten, not to be written and pasted online forever. Of course people are going to react. This is just wallowing in depressive nostalgia. Old man yells at cloud dot jpeg.

poor mozzer! like all the best people, he's too sensitive. his is the lament of the diamond finding itself alone amongst a sea of gravel. i dont agree that the best people are all gone though. i know people in my daily life who i am certain are every bit just as good if not better than james dean or richard davalos (maybe not bowie though): beautiful, charming, thoughtful people whom the glory of life is constantly being renewed in, so that when you have spent time with the them, you feel you are living in the element of spring (a spring that never turns into a stale stilted starchy summer, that godawful season). (perhaps mozzer you should come for a visit, i will introduce them, you will feel replenished, just what you need! ahaha)
for myself, i too feel all the time like i cant live in this modern age. technology fills me with terror. people fill me with distaste. but i do it anyway, because, after all, something from every era would probably fill me with distaste and terror. it's not exactly novel to think that all the best days in life are gone, but that's rarely ever true. what i cant stand about this age in particular, however, is the dehumanisation of it all. we've all become like puppets--cut off from the essential, from what it means to be human. i look at trauma longingly, i listen to songs about wounds that, in the words of my meatheaded former austrian friend, no more heal kann, i try to simulate the feeling within myself. i dream of being a wandering ascetic, a dark ragged beggar--something, anything, to slice through my neurosis, my emptiness, the puppet that i have become and bring me back into contact with what it means to be human. that's what i feel modern life has done to me.
but i suspect mozzers talking mainly about the entertainment industry, and while i agree with him, i know i dont feel it the same way he does, being that it's on a much more personal level for him. i understand his repulsion though. when he says that nothing connects, i would have to argue that nothing ever really has. i dont believe you really can connect with other people like you think you can, it's just an illusion, and nothing in life ever really hits it's target. but we've always had assigned meeting places. art for example, has always been the well at which people come to drink, each taking from it what they need at the time. and while everyone may take away something different we all agree that this is the place to come to meet. but with the art and entertainment industy the way it is today, that well has gone dry, and most people arent even aware of their thirst anymore, they have been so disconnected from their own humanity, and unlike me and a few others, they dont seem to care. they dont even know what it is anymore. a sad state of affairs all around.
does it matter finally if all the best people are dead? does a persons death leave the world an emptier place, or does their essence remain in the minds of the living? viktor frankl in mans search for meaning, talks about an incident in the concentration camp where he was an inmate. he was forced to labour outside in the most brutal conditions when he suddenly began to think of his wife. in viktor frankls own words:
A thought transfixed me: for the first time in my life I saw the truth as it is set into song by so many poets, proclaimed as the final wisdom by so many thinkers. The truth—that love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire. Then I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love. I understood how a man who has nothing left in this world still may know bliss, be it only for a brief moment, in the contemplation of his beloved. In a position of utter desolation, when man cannot express himself in positive action, when his only achievement may consist in enduring his sufferings in the right way—an honorable way—in such a position man can, through loving contemplation of the image he carries of his beloved, achieve fulfillment. For the first time in my life I was able to understand the meaning of the words, "The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory.... A thought crossed my mind: I didn't even know if my wife were still alive [note from rifke: she was in fact dead]. I knew only one thing--which I have learned well by now: Love goes very far beyond the physical person of the beloved. It finds its deepest meaning in his spiritual being, his inner self. Whether or not he is actually present, whether or not he is still alive at all, ceases somehow to be of importance.
and there is another quote i love, hebrew, i believe:
and a voice commands: write!
for whom?
for the dead whom thou didst love.

and what are all lives but just stories, each mans own life being the best story he could possibly write? and so i say to you, o beautiful, brilliant man, wherever you may be, live for the dead whom thou didst love!

He seemed very happy in Los Angeles and SAmerica, especially on New Year'S Eve. I hop there is a tour this summer and be around fans and his band. He doesn't do well alone.

He's being a bit too rose-tinted (no pun intended).
Apart from the ray of sunshine that was John Peel and a tiny fraction of other programmes - the Radio 1 that Morrissey experienced as a burgeoning artist was as equally shite as today.
The Panic lyrics / Steve Wright t-shirts being a good example of his dislike at the time.
The observations he makes are as true then as now which kind of negates his view.
Regards,
FWD

poor mozzer! like all the best people, he's too sensitive. his is the lament of the diamond finding itself alone amongst a sea of gravel. i dont agree that the best people are all gone though. i know people in my daily life who i am certain are every bit just as good if not better than james dean or richard davalos (maybe not bowie though): beautiful, charming, thoughtful people whom the glory of life is constantly being renewed in, so that when you have spent time with the them, you feel you are living in the element of spring (a spring that never turns into a stale stilted starchy summer, that godawful season). (perhaps mozzer you should come for a visit, i will introduce them, you will feel replenished, just what you need! ahaha)
for myself, i too feel all the time like i cant live in this modern age. technology fills me with terror. people fill me with distaste. but i do it anyway, because, after all, something from every era would probably fill me with distaste and terror. it's not exactly novel to think that all the best days in life are gone, but that's rarely ever true. what i cant stand about this age in particular, however, is the dehumanisation of it all. we've all become like puppets--cut off from the essential, from what it means to be human. i look at trauma longingly, i listen to songs about wounds that, in the words of my meatheaded former austrian friend, no more heal kann, i try to simulate the feeling within myself. i dream of being a wandering ascetic, a dark ragged beggar--something, anything, to slice through my neurosis, my emptiness, the puppet that i have become and bring me back into contact with what it means to be human. that's what i feel modern life has done to me.
but i suspect mozzers talking mainly about the entertainment industry, and while i agree with him, i know i dont feel it the same way he does, being that it's on a much more personal level for him. i understand his repulsion though. when he says that nothing connects, i would have to argue that nothing ever really has. i dont believe you really can connect with other people like you think you can, it's just an illusion, and nothing in life ever really hits it's target. but we've always had assigned meeting places. art for example, has always been the well at which people come to drink, each taking from it what they need at the time. and while everyone may take away something different we all agree that this is the place to come to meet. but with the art and entertainment industy the way it is today, that well has gone dry, and most people arent even aware of their thirst anymore, they have been so disconnected from their own humanity, and unlike me and a few others, they dont seem to care. they dont even know what it is anymore. a sad state of affairs all around.
does it matter finally if all the best people are dead? does a persons death leave the world an emptier place, or does their essence remain in the minds of the living? viktor frankl in mans search for meaning, talks about an incident in the concentration camp where he was an inmate. he was forced to labour outside in the most brutal conditions when he suddenly began to think of his wife. in viktor frankls own words:
A thought transfixed me: for the first time in my life I saw the truth as it is set into song by so many poets, proclaimed as the final wisdom by so many thinkers. The truth—that love is the ultimate and the highest goal to which man can aspire. Then I grasped the meaning of the greatest secret that human poetry and human thought and belief have to impart: The salvation of man is through love and in love. I understood how a man who has nothing left in this world still may know bliss, be it only for a brief moment, in the contemplation of his beloved. In a position of utter desolation, when man cannot express himself in positive action, when his only achievement may consist in enduring his sufferings in the right way—an honorable way—in such a position man can, through loving contemplation of the image he carries of his beloved, achieve fulfillment. For the first time in my life I was able to understand the meaning of the words, "The angels are lost in perpetual contemplation of an infinite glory.... A thought crossed my mind: I didn't even know if my wife were still alive [note from rifke: she was in fact dead]. I knew only one thing--which I have learned well by now: Love goes very far beyond the physical person of the beloved. It finds its deepest meaning in his spiritual being, his inner self. Whether or not he is actually present, whether or not he is still alive at all, ceases somehow to be of importance.
and there is another quote i love, hebrew, i believe:
and a voice commands: write!
for whom?
for the dead whom thou didst love.

and what are all lives but just stories, each mans own life being the best story he could possibly write? and so i say to you, o beautiful, brilliant man, wherever you may be, live for the dead whom thou didst love!

:straightface:

Since when is deafening silence against the rules concerning grief?

I'll tell you what is driving his posts and pretty much everything lately - lack of control. He is an utter control freak, which even percolates down to his band members. He doesn't like this site because he can't control it. I recall Boz posting how he couldn't comment on something because he'd signed a contract to say he couldn't say anything. Morrissey had historically used his money to control. He now finds himself in a situation, due to his own behaviour, and no one else's, where he has no control over his destiny at all, because, due to his truculence and unreliability, he has pissed off pretty much anyone who could help him regain what he believes should be his rightful place at the top of the pile. There is one person left though.

Also - if you doubt it, ask yourself why he never does live interviews? On the rare occasions he has done them they have been utter car crashes. He cannot control what happens in the moment, but can when they are multi-stage interviews conducted by e-mail, or heavily vetted prior to publication as a condition. He has tried very, very hard to micro-manage his image projected to the public. It's all there in the song 'Public Image'

A celebrity who tries to control their public image to benefit their career? Whatever next...!

Read what I wrote again. This is a matter of degree of action, not action alone.

I don't think anyone would argue that Morrissey wants control over certain things. The response from you and several other people on this board however, is ridiculously OTT to both this and several other posts recently. Morrissey's recent comments are remarkably similar to the remarks that he has made throughout his career.

As to why he dislikes this site, I think one look at recent threads shows that he was correct with his response to it.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom