TTY: All The Best Ones Are Dead

So it's a bit like trying to deal with people who have nothing but actually want even less than they have

This thought is my perfect birthday gift. Thank you

- - - Updated - - -

I was not part of the group here clamoring for a statement from Moz on Bowie's death. I figured let him process it in his own and apparently private way. However, I find his complete silence on the subject for 2 months now quite odd. So an "All the Best Ones Are Dead" statement is not the perfect time to mention Bowie, you know, someone he idolized and actually performed with? Thoughts?

Ask John Galt

A TTY post that doesn't involve militant veganism, the royal family, terrible puns or abuse of photoshop? What is this madness?

The mention of Little Boots is completely bizarre though, given that she's a fairly obscure act who only gained some mild mainstream success seven years ago.

"... this stupid civilization of advertising, advertising, advertising ... things that nobody wants."

i hope morrissey has read the collected works of schopenhauer. they always cheer me up anyway! certainly another member of the secret society

[Gets off Morrissey's lawn.]

- - - Updated - - -

"... this stupid civilization of advertising, advertising, advertising ... things that nobody wants."

Why do you come to this site? You are a masochist at best, imbecile at worst.

While I get a kick out of these TTY posts, I found it interesting that Morrissey is a William S. Burroughs fan (maybe too much of a stretch?)

Burroughs was gay, so as with Allen Ginsberg, James Baldwin etc etc OF COURSE he is a fan.

"we must digest these images and thoughts every single day"

Morrissey could go and live in a Zen monastery. Or he could just turn the telly and radio off.
Nobody is forced to listen to Radio 1, there are numerous other choices.
What Morrissey appears to be bemoaning is the absence of his tiresome insipid music on this youth oriented station.
There's no reason whatsoever why Radio 1 should play this old git's music. When he was young I don't recall him complaining that ancient codgers were excluded. He was too busy claiming there was a 'black conspiracy' to exclude The Smiths.
The man is a basket case.

Rhythm goes round round round, rhythm of life goes round

Morrissey could go and live in a Zen monastery. Or he could just turn the telly and radio off.
What Morrissey appears to be bemoaning is the absence of his tiresome insipid music on this youth oriented station.
There's no reason whatsoever why Radio 1 should play this old git's music. When he was young I don't recall him complaining that ancient codgers were excluded. He was too busy claiming there was a 'black conspiracy' to exclude The Smiths.

I'll tell you what is driving his posts and pretty much everything lately - lack of control. He is an utter control freak, which even percolates down to his band members. He doesn't like this site because he can't control it. I recall Boz posting how he couldn't comment on something because he'd signed a contract to say he couldn't say anything. Morrissey had historically used his money to control. He now finds himself in a situation, due to his own behaviour, and no one else's, where he has no control over his destiny at all, because, due to his truculence and unreliability, he has pissed off pretty much anyone who could help him regain what he believes should be his rightful place at the top of the pile. There is one person left though.

Also - if you doubt it, ask yourself why he never does live interviews? On the rare occasions he has done them they have been utter car crashes. He cannot control what happens in the moment, but can when they are multi-stage interviews conducted by e-mail, or heavily vetted prior to publication as a condition. He has tried very, very hard to micro-manage his image projected to the public. It's all there in the song 'Public Image'

Last edited:

Ageism strikes again. What has age got to do with music? With many voices it is impossible to tell the singer's age. Morrissey's songs almost always have an upbeat tempo and funny lyrics. Why should he (or anyone else) expect his music to be shunned because he is an 'old git' (as you so eloquently put it). You will be an 'old git' someday but for now you have to just settle on being a 'git'.

I'll tell you what is driving his posts and pretty much everything lately - lack of control. He is an utter control freak, which even percolates down to his band members. He doesn't like this site because he can't control it. I recall Boz posting how he couldn't comment on something because he'd signed a contract to say he couldn't say anything. Morrissey had historically used his money to control. He now finds himself in a situation, due to his own behaviour, and no one else's, where he has no control over his destiny at all, because, due to his truculence and unreliability, he has pissed off pretty much anyone who could help him regain what he believes should be his rightful place at the top of the pile. There is one person left though.

Making 'staff' sign Confidentiality Agreements with the threat of legal action if they disclose anything is EXACTLY what Royals and Lords and the like do. He's no different to any other celebrity other than the fact that he's strictly C List and his paranoia about 'staff' only makes you wonder what else there is he needs to keep under wraps beyond having a personal salt grindr.

He's tried to censor this site, harassed the proprietor and if he could he'd shut it down. Yet he claims to be a Radical Artist invested in Freedom of Speech issues. Total nonsense. He's just a Brand with a USP of Pity Me, but that brand is now irrevocably damaged. I was talking to a friend in the music business here in the UK last week in Liverpool and he said the only way Morrissey will ever get another blast of the Oxygen of Publicity is either through a Sex Scandal or a reunion of The Smiths. It all comes down to how much money Johnny Marr calculates he can make by dishing deep dirt in his autobiography and if that's enough for his lifestyle requirements. Morrissey may need millions to carry on his delusional 5 Star hotel recluse life but Marr isn't that far up shit creek so may just decide to end it all with a blast of a book that sends Morrissey scuttling for the seaside retirement home where he belongs.

regards
BB

Half the people on this site sound like they hate Morrissey and his last few albums. If that is the case then why continue to dip your quill in stomach acid every time you vomit something onto this site? It is becoming very tedious for fans who want to talk about the man, his music, and anything new about Moz. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some people seem to thrive off everything negative they hear about Morrissey.

Half the people on this site sound like they hate Morrissey and his last few albums. If that is the case then why continue to dip your quill in stomach acid every time you vomit something onto this site? It is becoming very tedious for fans who want to talk about the man, his music, and anything new about Moz. Everyone is entitled to an opinion but some people seem to thrive off everything negative they hear about Morrissey.

Would you prefer only people saying nice things? I can direct you to sites like that. Your reply is going to be something along the lines of "No - but some people go on and on and on and on....". I prefer all views, whether you agree with them or not, whether I agree with them or not, whether you perceive them as negative or not, whether I perceive them as negative or not.

Caligula hates Little Boots.

- - - Updated - - -

[Gets off Morrissey's lawn.]

- - - Updated - - -

Why do you come to this site? You are a masochist at best, imbecile at worst.[/QUOTE

Calm yourself. I passed no comment. I merely posted a direct quote and an image.

Seriously? Someone with about 5 significant screen credits over a 85 year life gets multiple musings and Fookin' David Bowie who parted the Ocean ,not once but several times , gets no mention? What an arse.

This sounds like the Morrissey from older days, and his statement really touched me. I do understand what he's saying and I completely agree with him.

People are really so strange...this post from Moz rings so true. How on earth could people visiting a Morrisey site NOT understand this? Who the hell knows what lies in the hearts of...fools.

Do you mean it's not a good time to mention Bowie? "All The Best Ones Are Dead" is the perfect time! Regardless of how Moz felt about David, it's part of his ongoing pettiness to not even mention David. Whether they were friends or even friendly, it's about respect for those who paved the way. I was definitely not clamouring for anything but curious about how Moz would handle it. He goes out of his way to praise anyone in David's satellite so as to seemingly avoid having to address the star himself. I don't know how he could feel nothing worth expressing after Bowie's death. I've been a fan - still am - since the beginning (so am one of the farts as old as Moz here) but the contradictions and selfishness he displays pile up and continually change the meaning of not only his lyrics, but these TTY missives. I hope he's in therapy, he's long lost touch of reality and acts like the petulant prima donna he is so fond of making fun of.

I was not part of the group here clamoring for a statement from Moz on Bowie's death. I figured let him process it in his own and apparently private way. However, I find his complete silence on the subject for 2 months now quite odd. So an "All the Best Ones Are Dead" statement is not the perfect time to mention Bowie, you know, someone he idolized and actually performed with? Thoughts?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom