TTY: All The Best Ones Are Dead

All The Best Ones Are Dead - true-to-you.net
18 March 2016

Richard Davalos and James Dean photographed together.

richard_davalos_and_james_dean_1.jpg

"It's very difficult for me, I think, to live now, in this electronic age of atrocity. We are fed nothing but carnage and ruin, and we must digest these images and thoughts every single day ... so is it any wonder we all look slightly terrorised ... this stupid civilization of advertising, advertising, advertising ... things that nobody wants. It's hard to maintain indifference and to not respond. Finally, nothing connects with anything. Even to have imagination suddenly seems hopeless because pop music has become so impoverished and obsessed only with very, very stupid people. It's fascinating to consider how Radio One once interviewed William Burroughs! These days the program planners at Radio One would pass on William Burroughs in favor of Little Boots. So it's a bit like trying to deal with people who have nothing but actually want even less than they have. Therefore I look at Richard Davalos and James Dean not as faces from a more simplistic time, but as faces of a beautiful and secret society. You cannot say that about anyone in 2016."

richard_davalos_and_james_dean_2.jpg

MORRISSEY
18 March 2016

Last edited by a moderator:

Flibberty

I think it makes sense for Morrissey (or anyone) to comment more freely on the deaths of icons or very mild acquaintances than people he actually knew. It is fair enough for him to keep his thoughts to himself.

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
I think it makes sense for Morrissey (or anyone) to comment more freely on the deaths of icons or very mild acquaintances than people he actually knew. It is fair enough for him to keep his thoughts to himself.

You re being ironic here, right? Do you read any of those TTY posts?

A

Anonymous

The best thing the moderators did was ban that obnoxious Poet. Kudos to the mods.
Harassing the membership here, as this forum in some way shape or form belonged to tightwad Moz.
You should join him maybe start a new blog. a satellite to the blue rose blog.

A

Anonymous

Boz and Gary Day at the at the Thomas House , see istagram. I like the way Gary played guitar, why did he end up leaving?

A

Anonymous

The glorification of the old times in this statement seems a bit strange to me ... and I don't think that living during that time would have been easier for Morrissey or anybody else. I think that time was rather depressing. Think about freedom of speech etc., how difficult it was to live one's life the way you wanted to. Think of homosexuality, the rights of women or how for example rock'n roll was condemned first ... no, no glory days at all.

Top Bottom