TrueToYou update ~ Moz loves Young The Giant.

joe frady

Vile Refusenik
http://true-to-you.net/morrissey_news_110601_01:

YOUNG THE GIANT

Having suffered with relish so much yes-but-no new music, I could break down with happiness at the new - debut - CD by Young The Giant. I will be kneeling with gratitude on a hardwood floor for many years to come. It is the whole thing ... it is the perfect tone ... and Sameer's voice is unbreakable.
If there is any justice in the world (and we all know there isn't) Young The Giant will own most of it by August. It's so easy to fire out remnants of snobbery where new music is concerned (in fact, I find it VERY easy), but once every three thousand years, a band comes along who restore that precious component of faith. Had I the gift of adequate words I would express more than mere thanks.
Instead, I shall leave it at that.

Morrissey / 1 June 2011

Just like Suede, Smoking Popes, Damien Dempsey, Kristeen Young, etc...all acts that he showered endless hyperbole on at one point or another.

Actually though, I love all those bands (well, I never got into Dempsey too much).

I think it is charming that he still writes so passionately about music that moves him; you see the old old old forgotten teenage pre-Smiths Morrissey rising from the grave. The post sounds so much like those reviews he'd send in about Sparks and The NY Dolls to the British weekly music mags.

But I also think it's kind of sad that whether this band is good or not, a lot of people will say they love them because Morrissey told them to.

I agree with that about the fact he writes so passionately about the band as if it were the Dolls and Sparks circa 75 etc. I think it's great that he's got a splash of faith in some new music, and I hope he transfers that energy he's got into some great shows (and perhaps lp) this year and on.

I agree with that about the fact he writes so passionately about the band as if it were the Dolls and Sparks circa 75 etc. I think it's great that he's got a splash of faith in some new music, and I hope he transfers that energy he's got into some great shows (and perhaps lp) this year and on.

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Sad, but true.

I'd have to say there's an equal number of people who actively dislike the bands Morrissey does and share no taste in his music despite loving Morrissey's own.

From listening to a few songs by Young the Giant (odd name) I'd say they're a lot less assailable than some of the other acts he loves.

Just like Suede, Smoking Popes, Damien Dempsey, Kristeen Young, etc...all acts that he showered endless hyperbole on at one point or another.

Actually though, I love all those bands (well, I never got into Dempsey too much).

I think it is charming that he still writes so passionately about music that moves him; you see the old old old forgotten teenage pre-Smiths Morrissey rising from the grave. The post sounds so much like those reviews he'd send in about Sparks and The NY Dolls to the British weekly music mags.

But I also think it's kind of sad that whether this band is good or not, a lot of people will say they love them because Morrissey told them to.

I think he's basically just assuring us he's not dead. Young the Giant are... nondescript, and what an awful band name.

Their single "my body" is brilliant

I find their single, 'My Body', very reminiscent of James. Not bad in my opinon, but hardly groundbreaking either.

Useless statement, but better than one complaining of a froggy throat.

Y.t.G replied on Twitter:

Young the Giant rt by dickiefelton
Morrissey, thank you for the very kind words :). Hopefully we can live up to your expectations. (Morrissey... http://tumblr.com/x4r2t4ckja

I find it almost impossible to have an opinion on them or of them, although I probably do have one (if only I could work out what it is).

Back
Top Bottom