True-to-you Morrissey Statement 29th July. Re: The Norway Massacre.

oof. what sound logic. replace animals with blacks, jews, muslims, any group really. animals are NOT us? what sort of reason is that? get f***ed.

It's not an issue of vegetarianism. I'm a vegetarian and found his comments to completely insensitive. Morrissey has pissed people off because he's used the massacre of scores of people to make a political point. It's out of order. Be feel to make points about cruelty to animals but do it without behaving like a complete arsehole and people might actually listen instead of just thinking f*** off you wanker.

Oh Morrissey :o(. I love you so and agree with your sentiments on animals and am myself a committed vegetarian, but please recognise your hypocrisy. Your actions and words of late have actually caused me physical pain of sorts and just when you think its over, today brings yet another bout of discomfort.

".......... the media give the killer exactly what he wants: worldwide fame.......... yet the media frenzy to turn the killer into a Jack The Ripper star is .... repulsive. He should be un-named, not photographed, and quietly led away". Well, how about:

1. Song Title - Jack The Ripper

2. Posing with a known and proud thug - Joey Barton.

3. Lyrics -

Dear hero, imprisoned
With all the new crimes
That you are perfecting
Oh, I can't help quoting you
'Cause everything
That you said rings true
And now in my cell
Well, I followed you
And here's a list of who I slew
Reggie Kray, do you know my name?
Oh, don't say you don't
Please say you do, ohh ohh.

4. Lyrics -

Dallow, Spicer, Pinkie, Cubitt. Every jammy stressford poet....

5. Actions -

Your band wearing "F*** Fur" t-shirts then you openly show off expensive shirts made by a company that makes profit from the abhorrent use of animal skins.

6. Actions -

The banning from your concerts of someone who whether you agree or not, merely exercises and allows free speech in whatever format chosen. Free speech being something you have espoused to over the years with your frequently inflammatory (though in the 'old' days and even in the mid 2000's at least they were amusing) remarks.

Ahh well Mr Moz...you got yourself into another fine pickle with everyone now! :)

This is such a mess, I wish it wasn't happening. Every other day I seem to crawl out of bed and find a new negative Morrissey story. Despite being a fan for a good few years, this is the first tour in which I have been able to attend some gigs (I had tickets for Bournemouth 2 years ago but that, of course, didn't happen). I know seasoned and experienced fans may have more reasons to be aggrieved with recent events than me, but I am just trying to enjoy the Morrissey live experience as much as I can right now and ignore all the other rubbish; because the way things are going, he might not be playing for much longer.

This is such a mess, I wish it wasn't happening. Every other day I seem to crawl out of bed and find a new negative Morrissey story. Despite being a fan for a good few years, this is the first tour in which I have been able to attend some gigs (I had tickets for Bournemouth 2 years ago but that, of course, didn't happen). I know seasoned and experienced fans may have more reasons to be aggrieved with recent events than me, but I am just trying to enjoy the Morrissey live experience as much as I can right now and ignore all the other rubbish; because the way things are going, he might not be playing for much longer.

it's been the best tour Morrissey has done for years! he's in top form. I don't understand why he's making himself so infamous.

I think he's being tested. He's doing fine.

You really think that the two of you are going to end up together don't you? No disrespect but like, in all seriousness, you know that is not happening. I say this because you have alluded to it and I believe outright mentioned it before.

You're the wanna-be Eva Braun to a really pansy version of Hitler.

You really think that the two of you are going to end up together don't you? No disrespect but like, in all seriousness, you know that is not happening. I say this because you have alluded to it and I believe outright mentioned it before.

That is her entire schtick.

She's a good writer and an intelligent chick but I can't abide someone defending Morrissey's hateful rhetoric based simply on schoolgirl-notebook-scribbles-and-giggles, Disney Channel-romance bullshit.

There's another thread where she compares him to Christ. It's really nauseating.

True-to-you Morrissey Statement 30th July: Steven isn't very well he has Verbal diarrhea.

i have been a huge fan of moz since 1986 and have bought every cd single, vinyl, 12" and all albums on vinyl and cd, reissues,etc and am
extremely disappointed with moz and this comment-THIS IS SAD--maybe if his family was slaughtered, he would think people are better
than chickens-and i have been a vegetarian for 15 years. His outlook is very dismal now . . .

I dunno. I like to keep my options open. :p You know, I don't approve of the comment, I think that Rowntree kind of nailed it by saying that offending people alienates them to the plight of your cause. I guess I'm a bit more politically correct than Morrissey. But I have this sort of "Stand By Your Man" philosophy when I see that he's being eaten alive. And it seems I'm sort of alone in the trenches. I know he's not a heartless bastard and you probably know that too. He gets ADD of the mouth sometimes and it feeds the trolls. He is different. I am here to offer support to that. I'm like goofball tech support, "Let's look at it this way..." instead of wasting time being offended and ripping him a new asshole. As far as being together, we are opposites. And he is famous and guarded and secreted away, and I am shy and not a stalker so we'll never come into contact so I don't see it happening. He'd have to enter my normal world because I won't enter his entourage world. So no, the chances are slim to none that my soulmate dream is realized, but it doesn't stop me from feeling there are things, very key things that tie us together in an unexplainable way.

Last edited:
If you piss off Jan Moir, you do a good job in my book :lbf:

I dunno. I like to keep my options open. :p You know, I don't approve of the comment, I think that Rowntree kind of nailed it by saying that offending people alienates them to the plight of your cause. I guess I'm a bit more politically correct than Morrissey. But I have this sort of "Stand By Your Man" philosophy when I see that he's being eaten alive.

He's being eaten alive for a reason. You keep making it sound like he's this little lost lamb, or this little gimpy kid getting picked on by schoolyard bullies. He's a public figure in his 50s with legions of followers and he made light of a mass murder. He deserves the pillory, and I hope he's squirming.

And it seems I'm sort of alone in the trenches.

Ever ask yourself why?

I know he's not a heartless bastard and you probably know that too.

Given the countless people who have worked and lived side by side with him and spoken out about what a total cheat and cold-hearted cowardly prick he is, I'd say the burden of proof is on you for this claim.

He gets ADD of the mouth sometimes

That doesn't even make sense. His mouth randomly can't pay attention?

and it feeds the trolls.

Sure. The vast majority of longtime fans on here who have totally turned tail and written about what an insensitive creep and f***head he has become..we're all just "trolls." God, you really love that word, don't you. It's kind of your catch-all term for anyone who disagrees with you or Morrissey, I've noticed. Yep...it's you and Mozzer against the bad old trolls.

He is different.

No arguments here. Comparing innocent human beings who died in a shooting to cows and chickens being slaughtered for human consumption...yep that's pretty different.

By the way...different means "retarded," right?

I am here to offer support to that. I'm like goofball tech support, "Let's look at it this way..." instead of wasting time being offended and ripping him a new asshole.

How sweetly obtuse.

As far as being together, we are opposites. And he is famous and guarded and secreted away, and I am shy and not a stalker so we'll never come into contact so I don't see it happening.

Shucks...and if not for his darn fame it'd be so realistic.

He'd have to enter my normal world because I won't enter his entourage world.

Yeah, that world is pretty tightly guarded. When you are a pussy who constantly runs your mouth on stage and insults people and makes light of their tragedies, it helps to have bodyguards and a crew of ham-fisted oafs to protect you.

So no, the chances are slim to none that my soulmate dream is realized, but it doesn't stop me from feeling there are things, very key things that tie us together in an unexplainable way.

Yeah and to him those " key things" are the receipts you have from buying his albums. To him, the bond starts and ends there. For you, for all of us. The sooner you realize that, the better.

I dunno. I like to keep my options open. :p You know, I don't approve of the comment, I think that Rowntree kind of nailed it by saying that offending people alienates them to the plight of your cause. I guess I'm a bit more politically correct than Morrissey. But I have this sort of "Stand By Your Man" philosophy when I see that he's being eaten alive. And it seems I'm sort of alone in the trenches. I know he's not a heartless bastard and you probably know that too. He gets ADD of the mouth sometimes and it feeds the trolls. He is different. I am here to offer support to that. I'm like goofball tech support, "Let's look at it this way..." instead of wasting time being offended and ripping him a new asshole. As far as being together, we are opposites. And he is famous and guarded and secreted away, and I am shy and not a stalker so we'll never come into contact so I don't see it happening. He'd have to enter my normal world because I won't enter his entourage world. So no, the chances are slim to none that my soulmate dream is realized, but it doesn't stop me from feeling there are things, very key things that tie us together in an unexplainable way.

Isn't that like watching someone you loved/dated get married and staying away from others so you are there when they get divorced because you know that they were meant for you?
Wait... isn't that an episode of Seinfeld?

Crystal... it isn't happening... move on.. go find someone...

“Humans - who enslave, castrate, experiment on, and fillet other animals - have had an understandable penchant for pretending animals do not feel pain. A sharp distinction between humans and ‘animals’ is essential if we are to bend them to our will, make them work for us, wear them, eat them - without any disquieting tinges of guilt or regret. It is unseemly of us, who often behave so unfeelingly toward other animals, to contend that only humans can suffer. The behavior of other animals renders such pretensions specious. They are just too much like us.”
— Carl Sagan

...I think that's what he was alluding too. He's lost his way with words unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom