Troxy?

devout

Never been there, its only up the road from me too.

Anyone know how big it is?

By the late 1930s, these makeshift movie-houses with grand names had given way to modern, purpose-built cinemas – and they were huge. The Whitechapel Rivoli seated 2268, the Mile End Odeon 2304. But the king of them all was the Commercial Road Troxy, with an amazing 3250 seats. As film-goer John Hector well remembers, the Troxy was the place to go. “If you wanted somewhere special to go it was the Troxy,” remembers John.“It was luxurious, it had the best films and a super floodlit organ which rose from the orchestra pit during the interval, playing all the latest tunes. People loved the atmosphere.” The management even sprayed the cinema with perfume to make the punters feel good!

----------------------------------------

Hidden away in this ideal City/Docklands location is London's most exciting new venue!

Situated 2 stops from Canary Wharf and 2 stops from Bank Station, Troxy is a stunning 1920's, original, art deco former theatre transformed into a versatile events space.

Guests will step back in time from the busy London streets into the Roaring Twenties where they will be met with the grand staircase, original Tiffany stained-glass ceiling and many more of the buildings original features.

The Grand Hall more than lives up to its name with a breathtaking backdrop that features a Balcony Stage where our toe-tapping Jazz Band will echo the surroundings. The extravagant art deco ceiling climaxes with a majestic chandelier which overlooks the large dance floor and diners underneath.

Best Parties Ever have secured this amazing unique venue for their famous Christmas Parties this December for its popular 'Christmas and all that Jazz' theme which will bring the venue back to its former glory!

Went there about a week ago, it's a great venue that's usually used for cage fighting and conferences apparently. It seemed to me that there wasn't a bad view in the place. It is however a bit of a funny colour. I think if you go on the website it's got a little virtual tour thing. The sound in there was good aswell. :guitar:

It's near the Little Driver boozer where he said he once frequented.

I used to as well.

There is a small standing area infront of the stage but be warned because it's on different levels it turns into a kindof golden circle situation and when it's full they won't let you into the front standing part.

There is a small standing area infront of the stage but be warned because it's on different levels it turns into a kindof golden circle situation and when it's full they won't let you into the front standing part.

What do you mean?

Have you seen the link of the venue posted by vivabob?

If you've seen it you understand Miss B's comment.

Oh, I did see the link (and even did a virtual tour thing on the "official" website :p)..

So it's like one big floor of standing, and then another floor of standing behind that one, and then seating on a third floor?

Troxy VIP tables??

Just seen VIP tables for that night.

Ave it.

Re: Troxy VIP tables??

I saw that but I think it might just be the way the venue is set up on the database. All the tickets are the same price so it might be they take all the seating and tables out.

Re: Troxy VIP tables??

there are some pics at flickr showing that the front at troxy is standing

Back
Top Bottom