Morrissey Central "TROXY MUSIC" (May 22, 2023)

Buster-Poindexter-4.jpg

David Johansen will make a Special Guest Appearance at Morrissey’s night at The Troxy East London on Saturday 22 July. Please attend early to hear David sing songs from his 50-year career.

David-Johansen.jpg

David is, of course, the only surviving member of the New York Dolls. He has released 13 solo albums.

36ethumb_52572_800_0_0_0_auto__800.jpeg

Did you notice how Morrissey didn't use the word "perform?" He wrote: "Please attend early to hear David sing songs from his 50-year career." He doesn't like that word, at least from what I can recall from old interviews.

I have a standing ticket for Troxy if anyone wants it. My friend double booked and I can’t go alone. I could probably try and sell his standing ticket as well if you need another. Please message me ASAP if your interested!
All transactions would be done via PayPal through ‘Goods and Services’ for buyer protection. An email will then be sent of the ticket in pdf form for you to print and show at the venue.
12C8A4E1-81C8-4A9B-8573-730AAE0A05D8.jpeg

Or is it … Depth and originality is dead?

And in regards to originality, I’m not just taking about the novelty that comes with new technology.
Its not dead, but I think it gets stamped on by the manufacutors of the 'sausage-factory' type artists that keep getting churned out of artschools and the music industry. Not many people have originality, its rare, I don't have it, I have met one person who I think really had it and he was metaphorically silenced and bullied by the art school he was in, all I hope is that he doesn't get buried. Because anyone can create content, there is more out there, but the best will survive past death!

Is there any news regarding stage times? Will Morrissey still come on at 8:30 with Johansen supporting?

I don’t fancy standing in the rain all day, so I’ll be heading for when doors open.

Is there any news regarding stage times? Will Morrissey still come on at 8:30 with Johansen supporting?

I don’t fancy standing in the rain all day, so I’ll be heading for when doors open.
Probably more like 9, he came on at 9pm in Portsmouth after we got in at 7pm.
Who knows tbh.

Probably more like 9, he came on at 9pm in Portsmouth after we got in at 7pm.
Who knows tbh.
Thank you! I’m also going on my own, so I don’t fancy spending too much time waiting around. I think I’ll just get there for 7ish.

Thank you! I’m also going on my own, so I don’t fancy spending too much time waiting around. I think I’ll just get there for 7ish.
Yeah I am too and I hate waiting around for ages, definitely getting there for around 7.
Last time was like an oven near the stage and got beer sloshed on my shoes so traded my ticket to be at the edge of the circle 😆

David Johansen Troxy
@garythomasball
dj.jpg

Human Being!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom