Morrissey Central "TROXY MUSIC" (May 22, 2023)

Buster-Poindexter-4.jpg

David Johansen will make a Special Guest Appearance at Morrissey’s night at The Troxy East London on Saturday 22 July. Please attend early to hear David sing songs from his 50-year career.

David-Johansen.jpg

David is, of course, the only surviving member of the New York Dolls. He has released 13 solo albums.

36ethumb_52572_800_0_0_0_auto__800.jpeg

Awesome! Wish I was going to London too but have too many other gigs planned. Nevertheless, it will be a brilliant night!

I was lucky enough to meet him backstage at a solo show. He is unbelievably charming and gracious, I was completely starstruck. He made an effort to chat with all of us brought backstage by the one friend who knew him. It's such a great memory and the show was brilliant, he is a great performer.

I was lucky enough to meet him backstage at a solo show. He is unbelievably charming and gracious, I was completely starstruck. He made an effort to chat with all of us brought backstage by the one friend who knew him. It's such a great memory and the show was brilliant, he is a great performer.
I can't imagine how cool that would be. I like his solo stuff maybe more than his Dolls stuff. True legend.

Have you ever been to a gig before?
lol. Yeah usually they start playing an hour or so after you’ve got there. Reason I ask is I heard sometimes Moz starts just as doors open and before a lot of people are in.
Last time I went we were waiting ages though.

Or would the coming generations even have the desire, the want, to have them replaced?
Can a society or even ours now, cultivate such interesting and usually damaged individuals
that live their art? There’s a time and place for everything, and we may have to accept that the artist ( as we once knew them) are dying off or, are already dead. And music as we once knew it, on its last leg, steps aside for AI, or worse. Though this loss will most likely not be seen as a loss for the generations to come.
Deep.
I do agree there needs to be real struggle and strife to create the music we love, as well as a lot of curiosity for the world, for art and literature.
But why would they stare out of the train window and wonder when they can stare down at banal content on tiktok?
AI will be the death of any sort of creativity if we allow it.

Deep.
I do agree there needs to be real struggle and strife to create the music we love, as well as a lot of curiosity for the world, for art and literature.
But why would they stare out of the train window and wonder when they can stare down at banal content on tiktok?
AI will be the death of any sort of creativity if we allow it.

Being human there will always be some kind of struggle and strife, but more importantly
the cultivation of, as you mentioned, curiosity, and even daydreaming, being allowed to place time & attention on being creative without the pressure to make a dollar, or conform in other ways. Of course, there will be ‘artists’, but they will be rebels of the manufactured variety, being sold to the young as the ‘real thing’.

Though I don’t know how it can not be allowed to happen, it seems it is already happening, or going that way. And generations born into it will accept it as the norm.

Or is it … Depth and originality is dead?

And in regards to originality, I’m not just taking about the novelty that comes with new technology.
Rap murdered rock. It taught people that is much easier to "not sing" silly rhymes over a pre-recorded loop of crap. Writing intelligent lyrics and creating original music and being able to actually sing and play instruments is not easy. It takes time and patience and people want to skip the whole talent thing and just become famous. it is pretty dire.

Rap murdered rock. It taught people that is much easier to "not sing" silly rhymes over a pre-recorded loop of crap. Writing intelligent lyrics and creating original music and being able to actually sing and play instruments is not easy. It takes time and patience and people want to skip the whole talent thing and just become famous. it is pretty dire.

Yeah, maybe? in part? I don’t think I would go as far as saying that any one particular genre of music has changed where we are now and the direction it seems to be going in. I don’t know enough about it, but I’m thinking AI is going to flush it all down the toilet, unless laws get put into place as to how other artist’s voices and music can and can not be used. I think future artists should legally have to state if AI was used in their work and where it was used.

Last edited:
This is very exciting and I’ve been waiting a looooong time for this to come round again. I’m pretty good at predicting the future and I’ve thought to myself many times in life that I’m on the wrong track altogether and that I completely missed my calling as a crystal ball reader and fortune teller extraordinaire, so here’s how I see this shaking out. If i end up unable to go to this, i will lose my mind. If i end up able to go, and do go, i will definitely also still lose my mind. Because if there is one thing that i will know how to do well, it will be how to get really excited about joint Morrissey/David Johansen bill - if I stay and also if i go!

Jokes aside, this is going to be AMAZING

Last edited:
This is very exciting and I’ve been waiting a looooong time for this to come round again. I’m pretty good at predicting the future and I’ve thought to myself many times in life that I’m on the wrong track altogether and that I completely missed my calling as a crystal ball reader and fortune teller extraordinaire, so here’s how I see this shaking out. If i end up unable to go to this, i will lose my mind. If i end up able to go, and do go, to this, i will definitely also still lose my mind. Because if there is one thing that i will know how to do well, it will be how to get really excited about joint Morrissey/David Johansen bill - if I stay and also if i go!

Jokes aside, this is going to be AMAZING

Yep. Seeing David open for M at the Apollo shows was amazing, but more importantly fun! He’d break out Puss ‘n’ Boots or Funky But Chic, and I would just have to jump to my feet and start dancing! Met him once also, really cool guy. Hope ya get to go. (y)

Yep. Seeing David open for M at the Apollo shows was amazing, but more importantly fun! He’d break out Puss ‘n’ Boots or Funky But Chic, and I would just have to jump to my feet and start dancing! Met him once also, really cool guy. Hope ya get to go. (y)
YES! Sooooo fun! Omg, yes to everything, i hope i get to go too!

Back
Top Bottom