Troxy - directions, hotel?

mikey

Hi

Can anyone help - coming from Birmingham to Euston on Train on Sat for the Troxy gig - does anyone know if its easy enough to get to the Troxy from Euston? and if there are any decent\cheap hotels nearby? if cant get a hotel it will be a 3 hour coach ride back to Brum at midnight after the gig, not sure how to get to Victoria from troxy either :confused: would rather stay over if possible. Have a spare ticket also if anyone is interested.

Thanks,

Mikey.

Re: Troxy Saturday - directions, hotel?

You may find this thread is useful.

Getting Troxy from Euston, catch a tube and change at Bank to DLR, get off at Limehouse station.

From Limehouse station to Troxy, it takes about 5 minutes walk.

I booked our room a few months ago. I remember that there were lots of places along the DLR towards docklands. We opted for a converted Executive Box at West Ham Utd. I'm not into hotels and generally prefer to booked serviced apartments, but because we are only staying the one night I went for the room overlooking the pitch.

When in the East end...

how about London Docklands - is that hard to get to after the gig? theres a couple of hotels with spare rooms there. Just dont fancy that 3 hour coach drive back.

:eek:

Cheers - will try to look for cheap hotel. Any other areas - like a tube ride away that would have decent priced hotels? that can be gotten to after the gig - whats everyone else doing?

Manchester was ok coz mate drove but wants a drink this time :guitar:

You're rather too late to ask about accommodation.

London hotels are very expensive.
If you planned earlier you'd had found a decent deal such as Travelodge, Premier Inn etc.

how about hostels then(sharing rooms with others)?
www.hostelworld.com
www.hostels.com (offer some beds/hiostels when the other on the hostelbookers site) is booked out

Some engineering works are planned for this weekend, which may impact on the journey. I'd use the journey planner (advanced search) on TFL's website before setting off. It's a useful tool regardless. It's helped me cut many a journey to the simplest and quickest route.

yes cheers - just down from limehouse i think - i looked on journey planner and doesnt seem to be any work affecting that area at the weekend. I think a tube from Euston to Bank and then the DLR to Limehouse and back the other way if stopping in Dockalnds (just got to find a hotel) i think the DLR runs most of teh night. Looks like a nice venue yes - seen him in most other places but one liek this...

Mikey.

Sadly the weather in London is likely to be rather miserable or mix bag.

http://bbc.co.uk/weather/

Sorry for the people who are planning to go Madstock / Loveboxx in Victoria Park.

nah - says sunny for Saturday - thats the day were bothered about :thumb:

might stay in one of those hotels in Docklands coz then can get the DLR after the gig .

Mikey

Back
Top Bottom