Trolling

One of the reasons for approving vegan cro's posts is in order to stop him / her to keep creating new accounts.

If you don't like reading anonymous users' posts, you can put them on ignore.
Wrong, vegan cro and biebs / Inspector JC are different people.

Which is having no effect judging by the number of Vegan Cro's we have, 55/88/99/207 etc.
I wasn't aware of anyone commenting about the Manchester terror attack but I try to steer clear of the serious Far-right nutters and Holocaust deniers.

What kind of logic is it that the user becomes the problem ("just put them on Ignore") and not the actual waste of space doing the trolling?
It just looks like an excuse for the mods to do nothing - and then we have people suggesting that nobody complain because Some Trolls Are Bigger Than Others and we should be grateful it isn't worse? Ugh.

I don't understand the outrage over the annoying but ultimately harmless vegan.cro character either. But when some other c*** posts things like "Hitler didn't kill enough Jews" or "Breivik didn't kill enough lefties" or indeed utters death wishes, it's met with a collective shrug.

What is wrong with people?

Because the moderators are not interested and are happy to let the site go to shit, it would seem.

JFC, the facts are numerous.

1-55 years old getting tats. data show that to be gayish:memo: its in the data.
2-flowery shirts:hibiscus:
3-admitted to kissing a dude. that alone makes him gay:mouth: for well over 45 minutes.
4-asked a notorious old gay dude to guy him a gift YAOOZA:brows:
5-has had one girfriend/wife for his entire life.LOL:eyes:

These are hard facts, not the random speculation Moz is subjected to.

I'm not bothered by your mad theories about JM. It just pisses me off that they have to be in every thread, everywhere, derailing any attempt at a normal discussion no matter what the topic is. You just sandblast this site with bullshit.

Which is having no effect judging by the number of Vegan Cro's we have, 55/88/99/207 etc.
I wasn't aware of anyone commenting about the Manchester terror attack but I try to steer clear of the serious Far-right nutters and Holocaust deniers.

What kind of logic is it that the user becomes the problem ("just put them on Ignore") and not the actual waste of space doing the trolling?
It just looks like an excuse for the mods to do nothing - and then we have people suggesting that nobody complain because Some Trolls Are Bigger Than Others and we should be grateful it isn't worse? Ugh.

:rolleyes:
I take it that the nutjob far left wing super nutters dont bother you one bit.:lbf:

I'm not bothered by your mad theories about JM. It just pisses me off that they have to be in every thread, everywhere, derailing any attempt at a normal discussion no matter what the topic is. You just sandblast this site with bullshit.

all my DramaJ/Seymour reports are on that one thread, wtf are you nutters talking about?

by normal discussion I take it you mean the ones that pound on Moz:lbf:.
i cant think of any other discussion that would qualify as normal. Maybe the one about
King Charles the gay King of Sweden? Or the one about throwing a Burger King bag at
the homeless.:rolleyes:
:lbf:

Because the moderators are not interested and are happy to let the site go to shit, it would seem.

WtF? How can you ban anyone while having Skinny calling half the board Nazis and racists.:crazy:
All over the threads FFS. You havent seen those? I find that UNBELIEVABLE>o_O

I don't understand the outrage over the annoying but ultimately harmless vegan.cro character either.

If you don't understand, let me explain it to you. It is one thing to disagree with or post something in opposition to one's post, but quite another to continually go after someone repeatedly just to see if they can get you to sink to their level. It is a few posters that led me to ignoring all ANON posts, and that is a shame because occasionally I will choose to read one in response to something I posted only to find it to be something of value.

I left this site about three years ago for over a year because someone decided to choose a version of my site name just to try and coerce me into an internet war of words, and I would do so again as I think any sane person would if confronted with such personal attacks. There is an amplification of the mean-spiritedness of these trolls that is fostered by the anonymity of the internet. When there are no consequences for one's actions it brings out the worst in the worst of people. This site is living proof of this.

If you don't understand, let me explain it to you. It is one thing to disagree with or post something in opposition to one's post, but quite another to continually go after someone repeatedly just to see if they can get you to sink to their level. It is a few posters that led me to ignoring all ANON posts, and that is a shame because occasionally I will choose to read one in response to something I posted only to find it to be something of value.

I left this site about three years ago for over a year because someone decided to choose a version of my site name just to try and coerce me into an internet war of words, and I would do so again as I think any sane person would if confronted with such personal attacks. There is an amplification of the mean-spiritedness of these trolls that is fostered by the anonymity of the internet. When there are no consequences for one's actions it brings out the worst in the worst of people. This site is living proof of this.

Well, aren't you special.

You don't need to explain to me what it's like to be consistently harassed by someone who is "trying to see if they can get you to sink to their level" (where have you been?), so please don't belittle me.

Last edited:
So this thread made me go do some you know “confirmation bias” and find some articles and studies that show online trolling lead to less violence in the real world, cuz it serves as a far less destructive outlet for these poor sods :thumb:
However, seems I’m like totally wrong o_O the thinking now is that the most persistent of online harassing types actually lead to some of these creeps actually acting out in real life, f*** :eek:
but hey, when the site decided to allow anonymous posting :crazy:
that was that really and to be honest, they sort of drive content now :o

Yeah... into the gutter.

O brother Surface Jr got triggered too.
Poor baby:( someone used a 'version' of your avatar. O NNNOOO!

an AMPLIFICATION!!!! THATS WHAT IT IS!!:swear:swear

You are just a crabby old dude who thinks everyone is here to entertain you when in fact nobody cares.

Baby want milk?:babybottle::baby:

I don't think you understood my post at all. And you don't need to explain to me what it's like to be consistently harassed by someone who is "trying to see if they can get you to sink to their level". I have been confronted with a quite a lot of nasty personal attacks (where have you been?), so please don't belittle me.

Hes a bit like Mrs Hathaway from the Beverly Hillbillies.:headmassage:
(thank god he has all of us anons on ignore, I wouldnt want him to think Im trying to drag HIS
HIGHNESS anywhere:lbf:)

The pros and cons of people 'trolling', being unique,'interesting', overly verbose or however you term it can be debated here ad nauseam
The actual reality of said behaviour though can be (and often is) disruptive to threads.
Well evidenced by people trying to get gig info, set lists, reports etc whilst some run wild at the keyboard with utterly off-topic tripe that clogs threads.
People then have to wade through the dross to get to the information - which is the antithesis of topic-driven discussion forums.
Personally, I find people that want to randomly debate Hitler in a gig thread - well, their motives are pretty clear and need no extra explanation to mitigate their behaviour.
Myself: well, I'd move anything not remotely on topic to the pigsty consistently, day in and day out until people realised it was futile to try and derail things by demonstrating their desire to ramble to a group of strangers at the expense of others, but we don't live in a perfect world.
Regards,
FWD.

The pros and cons of people 'trolling', being unique,'interesting', overly verbose or however you term it can be debated here ad nauseam
The actual reality of said behaviour though can be (and often is) disruptive to threads.
Well evidenced by people trying to get gig info, set lists, reports etc whilst some run wild at the keyboard with utterly off-topic tripe that clogs threads.
People then have to wade through the dross to get to the information - which is the antithesis of topic-driven discussion forums.
Personally, I find people that want to randomly debate Hitler in a gig thread - well, their motives are pretty clear and need no extra explanation to mitigate their behaviour.
Myself: well, I'd move anything not remotely on topic to the pigsty consistently, day in and day out until people realised it was futile to try and derail things by demonstrating their desire to ramble to a group of strangers at the expense of others, but we don't live in a perfect world.
Regards,
FWD.

What a great idea!!:straightface: Specially since there are about 20 shows a year.:squiffy:
The pigsty would be booming and this area would be desolate.:thumb:

What a great idea!!:straightface: Specially since there are about 20 shows a year.:squiffy:
The pigsty would be booming and this area would be desolate.:thumb:
That was one example.
It is equally prevalent in any recent article where there are 200-300 replies and only some relate to the initial topic.
Is there an emoji for 'you knew exactly what I meant'?
Regards,
FWD.

I don't think Veegan is trolling as much as just

:openmouth: that make you bald..........whos the one with the :oldman: dome? LOL, not I, I got :boy:.

That was one example.
It is equally prevalent in any recent article where there are 200-300 replies and only some relate to the initial topic.
Is there an emoji for 'you knew exactly what I meant'?
Regards,
FWD.

You are going to have to work your own emojis FFS I already do enough around here.:clap:

:openmouth: that make you bald..........whos the one with the :oldman: dome? LOL, not I, I got :boy:.

You are going to have to work your own emojis FFS I already do enough around here.:clap:
Oh no! I'm bald! It's the end of the world! I'll let you in on a secret. It's not the end of the world and I'm ok with who I am.
How about you, monkey-boy? And thanks for taking a brief respite from the self-abuse to reply.

I left this site about three years ago for over a year
because someone decided to choose a version of my site name just to try and coerce me into an internet war of words,
oh is that what he was doing? funny, here I thought he was just making fun of you
and I would do so again as I think any sane person would if confronted with such personal attacks.
he used your user name?!?!?! gosh, how personal! you must still be smarting from that personal attack!

There is an amplification of the mean-spiritedness of these trolls that is fostered by the anonymity of the internet. When there are no consequences for one's actions it brings out the worst in the worst of people. This site is living proof of this.
ah there's that old park bench philosophy that we know and love. what a sage. look here, everyone! this is a WISE man! gee, thanks for explaining this for the edification of all of us so-lowers. I don't how we ever got along when you weren't here to explain things to us.

i think the more interesting discussions on this board do not take place publicly in the forums but rather in the private conversation section. personally i find it disgusting that there are registered users who continue having little chats, accusatorily or amicably it doesnt really matter, with anonymous posters who have indeed uttered death wishes and abuse towards other users. in my eyes they are accomplices. i'd rather like to see them ignoring the trolls for good.
you're right, and I am guilty of this too. I will try to do better! always the voice of class, lanterns.

Back
Top Bottom