Morrissey Central "TRAVIS SCOTT" (June 19, 2022)

TRAVIS SCOTT

Travis.jpg

(Surprising given the history of that shirt...)
Regards,
FWD.

You are wrong, I'm afraid, its in an interview . When they toured the UK, Chuck kept seeing Louder Than Bombs everywhere.
Also, chuck is a rock fan (some can argue Smiths have "rock" moments at times)
It’s you who are wrong, I’m afraid. It’s already been established that it’s from a question sent to Chuck from a fan in the late 90’s. A link has been posted in this very thread. What hasn’t been posted, however, is sources for any of your claims regarding Morrissey and rap music/rappers. You speak with the cringeworthy authority of a sixth form student with too much confidence, yet you provide zero evidence to back it up. Provide evidence that Prince, De La Soul, ATCQ and Snoop Dogg likes/liked him and Ice Cube doesn’t, and that some regard him as a “mamas boy”. Also feel free to elaborate on how and why you have such insight into the African-American community.

It’s you who are wrong, I’m afraid. It’s already been established that it’s from a question sent to Chuck from a fan in the late 90’s. A link has been posted in this very thread. What hasn’t been posted, however, is sources for any of your claims regarding Morrissey and rap music/rappers. You speak with the cringeworthy authority of a sixth form student with too much confidence, yet you provide zero evidence to back it up. Provide evidence that Prince, De La Soul, ATCQ and Snoop Dogg likes/liked him and Ice Cube doesn’t, and that some regard him as a “mamas boy”. Also feel free to elaborate on how and why you have such insight into the African-American community.
I do recall reading that Prince was an admirer of Morrissey. I don’t think it’s esoteric knowledge.

Im not an expert on Chuck D, though I was bang into them from late 80s onward and seen them live a load of times.
So, all I can go by is what I hard chuck say. It was something like he was touring the UK and kept seeing the promo posters for Louder Than Bombs.
NOW there is a chance Chuck himself misremembered. Even, if he did it probably made an impression even for him to misremember
(and that was the point really "do these people know about m" kinda thing)

I know some people who were around those bands and they said they were aware of M and liked him or at least respected his "game" . Lets not get carried away though, im not saying they had M tats and went to shitty M disco's
You have to remember lots of the bands like Tribe and De La went to collage, and M was a huge collage radio star

As for snoop, someone asked him about M on some show and he said he was "chill"
When they asked Ice , he pulled a face.
Im sorry I do not have enough time to spare to go searching for a 4 minute clip on YouTube- you can believe me or not believe me. Why you would think I am making it up, is beyond me.
I don't think I come over as a BS merchant.
Lastly,
"Also feel free to elaborate on how and why you have such insight into the African-American community."
I know enough to know, that not all black people in the USA are from Africa, so the term African American as a "catch all term" for blacks, is just daft
(but if you must know, Im a widely travelled brit. I have mixed with black community in various parts of America, parts of The South - not everyone spends their life in the same town they were born in or thinks London is the be all and end all )

Im not an expert on Chuck D, though I was bang into them from late 80s onward and seen them live a load of times.
So, all I can go by is what I hard chuck say. It was something like he was touring the UK and kept seeing the promo posters for Louder Than Bombs.
NOW there is a chance Chuck himself misremembered. Even, if he did it probably made an impression even for him to misremember
(and that was the point really "do these people know about m" kinda thing)

I know some people who were around those bands and they said they were aware of M and liked him or at least respected his "game" . Lets not get carried away though, im not saying they had M tats and went to shitty M disco's
You have to remember lots of the bands like Tribe and De La went to collage, and M was a huge collage radio star

As for snoop, someone asked him about M on some show and he said he was "chill"
When they asked Ice , he pulled a face.
Im sorry I do not have enough time to spare to go searching for a 4 minute clip on YouTube- you can believe me or not believe me. Why you would think I am making it up, is beyond me.
I don't think I come over as a BS merchant.
Lastly,
"Also feel free to elaborate on how and why you have such insight into the African-American community."
I know enough to know, that not all black people in the USA are from Africa, so the term African American as a "catch all term" for blacks, is just daft
(but if you must know, Im a widely travelled brit. I have mixed with black community in various parts of America, parts of The South - not everyone spends their life in the same town they were born in or thinks London is the be all and end all )
For the time being, I choose not to believe you. You come across as a bullshitter, desperate to sound knowledgeable and authoritative and you make no effort to back up your claims. You’ve been getting a bit of stick in other threads from some other people and I see why.
And you can like or dislike the term ‘African American’, it doesn’t matter. It’s the correct term and has been for some time. It has nothing to do with being from Africa - it has to do with having ancestors from Africa. Most black Americans are of course born in the US. Please don’t deliberately misinterpret.

It is necessary to clarify to people or someone that African American means that a person has African roots and was born in America and people from Africa are mostly black because in the north are Arabs etc but most are black, it is so. Because some don't want to call a spade a spade and are always thinking about racism????

You are wrong, I'm afraid, its in an interview . When they toured the UK, Chuck kept seeing Louder Than Bombs everywhere.
Also, chuck is a rock fan (some can argue Smiths have "rock" moments at times)
If you're going to claim it's in an interview then post the interview.

More self destructive publicity whoring. This guy was most famous for his relationship with a Kardashian/Jenner but that was eclipsed when several people died at one of his concerts as he continued to perform.
Sad and desperate.

More self destructive publicity whoring. This guy was most famous for his relationship with a Kardashian/Jenner but that was eclipsed when several people died at one of his concerts as he continued to perform.
Sad and desperate.
Morrissey or his nephew don't do stuff like this to combat accusations of racism, do they? Which I don't actually believe that Morrissey is a racist, but I do believe he can be calculating . In the past, I don't believe he would've promoted someone affiliated with the Kardashian/Jenner family either.

I do recall reading that Prince was an admirer of Morrissey. I don’t think it’s esoteric knowledge.
I recall anecdotes about this. I don't know if it was a joke but in the 90s someone said that in the movie "Graffiti Bridge" you can see the word "Moz" spray painted on a wall.

Not every genre. I have still to hear any redeeming qualities in nu-metal, EDM/house, reggaeton, Latin pop, mumble rap, whatever it is that Nickelback is doing, and so forth…

I did not know he had Ice Cube on his intro music! Do you remember what song it was? One of the all-time greatest MC’s.
M also played a clip from this video from Public Enemy during the pre-show videos at a few of these shows I was at in 2017:

M also played a clip from this video from Public Enemy during the pre-show videos at a few of these shows I was at in 2017:

Right! I remember hearing about this. Fantastic.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom