Morrissey Central "TRAVIS SCOTT" (June 19, 2022)

TRAVIS SCOTT

Travis.jpg

(Surprising given the history of that shirt...)
Regards,
FWD.

He did have Public Enemy and Ice Cube on his intro music a couple of years ago, so I certainly wouldn't say he does not like rap music. A bit short-sighted.
There's good music in every genre.
Not every genre. I have still to hear any redeeming qualities in nu-metal, EDM/house, reggaeton, Latin pop, mumble rap, whatever it is that Nickelback is doing, and so forth…

I did not know he had Ice Cube on his intro music! Do you remember what song it was? One of the all-time greatest MC’s.

I doubt that with every fiber in my body. I’m 99,99 percent sure that’s just a coincidence. Way too far-fetched.
Yes, why would a band that’s supported The Stone Roses have a relationship with Manchester’s other favourite indie band?

What's the deal with the t-shirt?
As I remember it: Obey or whatever they’re called, did a Moz shirt years ago (2015?) which was recalled by Moz because of some obscure dispute even before it was released.

Yes, why would a band that’s supported The Stone Roses have a relationship with Manchester’s other favourite indie band?
I sincerely doubt that PE knew much about the Roses prior to 2016, and I even strongly doubt that PE knew anything at all about neither Smiths or Roses in the 80’s/early nineties.

I sincerely doubt that PE knew much about the Roses prior to 2016, and I even strongly doubt that PE knew anything at all about neither Smiths or Roses in the 80’s/early nineties.
The next outlandish thing I’ll be telling you is that they’re Bowie fans and sampled his music for a record in the 80s. And to make it even wilder, I could mention that their most revered producer was Rick Rubin, who had/has an encyclopaedic knowledge of British ‘alternative’ music.

But yes highly doubtful that prolific samplers Public Enemy knew anything about The Smiths or The Stone Roses when they jostled with both for chart positions in the 80s and 90s.

It's not his taste on music but he like the social sense of it the same way he does with punk rock. Bunch of stupid people commenting on Moz like they understand him. You understand what CNN and The Guardian tell you is all you stupid mindless sheep.
Usually the people who name CNN and The Guardian as worst media offenders and call other people sheep are pond scum who get their "news" from Fox, Breitbart and lunatic YouTube videos.

Usually the people who name CNN and The Guardian as worst media offenders and call other people sheep are pond scum who get their "news" from Fox, Breitbart and lunatic YouTube videos.

name calling from both sides. Having more in common than you’d like to admit.

The next outlandish thing I’ll be telling you is that they’re Bowie fans and sampled his music for a record in the 80s. And to make it even wilder, I could mention that their most revered producer was Rick Rubin, who had/has an encyclopaedic knowledge of British ‘alternative’ music.

But yes highly doubtful that prolific samplers Public Enemy knew anything about The Smiths or The Stone Roses when they jostled with both for chart positions in the 80s and 90s.
Rubin probably knew about both, I’ll give you that. But Chuck and Flav? I doubt it they knew much about very British near-fringe indie acts. Bowie is a whole other thing altogether. He was an international icon from the seventies and onwards.

Rubin probably knew about both, I’ll give you that. But Chuck and Flav? I doubt it they knew much about very British near-fringe indie acts. Bowie is a whole other thing altogether. He was an international icon from the seventies and onwards.
As an aside, Rubin would be an excellent choice as a producer for Morrissey too. Both are closely connected with The Chili Peppers, so it’s a collaboration which is increasingly easy to imagine.

Not every genre. I have still to hear any redeeming qualities in nu-metal, EDM/house, reggaeton, Latin pop, mumble rap, whatever it is that Nickelback is doing, and so forth…

I did not know he had Ice Cube on his intro music! Do you remember what song it was? One of the all-time greatest MC’s.
Death was the song.

Entire playlist here:

peoples taste in music can change
M may have not liked rap when he said that during the LK interview, but he's allowed to change his mind

peoples taste in music can change
M may have not liked rap when he said that during the LK interview, but he's allowed to change his mind
If so then I'm starting to worry about Bonfire :rolleyes:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom