Morrissey Central "TRAVIS SCOTT" (June 19, 2022)

TRAVIS SCOTT

Travis.jpg

(Surprising given the history of that shirt...)
Regards,
FWD.

And I know Morrissey is known to contradict himself, but I know for certain that he mentioned hating rap music on that Larry King interview...

Nothing is surprising with Sam.

I think rappers do like him - he gets as much flack in the press as they do & he just keeps going.
I definitely don't think they typically do, however, Andre 3000 has complimented him in the past.

Morrissey does not like rappers and rappers have nothing to do with M rap music has nothing to do with Morrissey's music, he said that the lyrics do not bother him but that the music does because it is very repetitive. So Moz doesn't like rap.And who is Travis Scott?

It's not his taste on music but he like the social sense of it the same way he does with punk rock. Bunch of stupid people commenting on Moz like they understand him. You understand what CNN and The Guardian tell you is all you stupid mindless sheep.

Nowadays all these folks wanna categorically categorize
into separate sections.
Moz and these rappers are sayin' "I'm OK, You're OK".
Go ahead and do what ya want now.
All the so on and so forth with the labelin' and what not,
ain't really where it's at anyway.

It's not his taste on music but he like the social sense of it the same way he does with punk rock. Bunch of stupid people commenting on Moz like they understand him. You understand what CNN and The Guardian tell you is all you stupid mindless sheep.
Yes, he said he liked the social sentiments of rap, but to compare that with punk rock is incorrect because he actually loves a lot of seventies punk rock music and the same can't be said, for any actual rap artists he has ever claimed to be an actual fan of...

He did have Public Enemy and Ice Cube on his intro music a couple of years ago, so I certainly wouldn't say he does not like rap music. A bit short-sighted.
There's good music in every genre.

He did have Public Enemy and Ice Cube on his intro music a couple of years ago, so I certainly wouldn't say he does not like rap music. A bit short-sighted.
He absolutely said that he couldn't stand rap music on that Larry King interview. Although, I'm well aware Morrissey contradicts himself all the time.

Luckily I don't like all genres and there are genres impossible to hear that generate very low vibrations. Very subtle vibrations are in classical music, and a little less subtle in other genres and in some singers......

Morrissey does not like rappers and rappers have nothing to do with M rap music has nothing to do with Morrissey's music, he said that the lyrics do not bother him but that the music does because it is very repetitive. So Moz doesn't like rap.And who is Travis Scott?
Geoff Travis's younger brother, obviously! It's all linked if you stare at things up close long enough.

Well said! With a rap record for example there is the guaranteed good music of hiss and crackle between songs. If you add that up you're sure of at least 30 seconds of good music on each album. Multiply that by the colossal number of rap records released and you begin to appreciate the vast and varied contribution to music.

5c7807c22553b03176ca63adbd46aa3b.jpg

Last edited:
Morrissey appears on A$AP Rocky’s new album—a little odd for someone who has ‘nothing to do’ with the genre?

Morrissey appears on A$AP Rocky’s new album—a little odd for someone who has ‘nothing to do’ with the genre?
Mmm I don't know why he did it, but from his mouth came words of rejection about rap,... I don't like bands and/or singers who all the time sing protest songs about social issues to fill up on money because they don't give a shit about people's suffering, are there exceptions? I guess.......:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::eek:

Mmm I don't know why he did it, but from his mouth came words of rejection about rap,... I don't like bands and/or singers who all the time sing protest songs about social issues to fill up on money because they don't give a shit about people's suffering, are there exceptions? I guess.......:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::eek:
I also assume that Public Enemy’s Louder than a Bomb was a nod to The Smiths?

I thought it was another obituary :eek:

I also assume that Public Enemy’s Louder than a Bomb was a nod to The Smiths?
I doubt that with every fiber in my body. I’m 99,99 percent sure that’s just a coincidence. Way too far-fetched.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom