Morrissey Central "Tours" (March 26, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Morrissey's recent tour has been a great success, with London, Strasbourg, Antwerp and Brussels as major stand-outs. Live dates have been offered in Italy and Spain, but all of these offers are large park settings when the general preference is music halls, theaters or stand-up venues - none of which can be found in either Italy or Spain. Leeds Millenium Square (July 12) and Liverpool Empire (July 18) are Morrissey's upcoming dates, preceded by Tel-Aviv and Haifa in Israel.
No possibility has arisen to release Morrissey's new music, and the 2021 album Bonfire Of Teenagers remains in the grasp of Capitol Records in Los Angeles, who have no plans to release it.

Photo by Marianne.

He just needs to get out there and play and stop being so damn picky about everything, then he wonders why no one wants to work with him.
The other day I saw that Glen Matlock is releasing an album and he was out doing publicity ie interviews for it. If a Sex Pistol can do it so can a Smith.

Bit odd that Morrissey struggles to find venues in Spain that meet his criteria but Echo & The Bunnymen can and they are 1500 to 2500 capacity venues which seem to be his preference nowadays.

Live dates have been offered in Italy and Spain, but all of these offers are large park settings when the general preference is music halls, theaters or stand-up venues - none of which can be found in either Italy or Spain.’

It seems he’s not being offered the option to play in what would be his preference.

‘none of which can be found in either Italy or Spain’

that sounds like sarcasm to me, that whoever is doing his booking can’t find what he prefers, really? don’t believe it. Bunnymen may have better management in that department I guess. Which wouldn’t be a surprise.

Honestly, I don’t think he’s saying exactly why he’s not playing there. Which is what I meant by ‘ maybe they have a different criteria?’

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom