Morrissey Central "Tours" (March 26, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Morrissey's recent tour has been a great success, with London, Strasbourg, Antwerp and Brussels as major stand-outs. Live dates have been offered in Italy and Spain, but all of these offers are large park settings when the general preference is music halls, theaters or stand-up venues - none of which can be found in either Italy or Spain. Leeds Millenium Square (July 12) and Liverpool Empire (July 18) are Morrissey's upcoming dates, preceded by Tel-Aviv and Haifa in Israel.
No possibility has arisen to release Morrissey's new music, and the 2021 album Bonfire Of Teenagers remains in the grasp of Capitol Records in Los Angeles, who have no plans to release it.

Photo by Marianne.

Hasn't he publicly criticised every label he's been with? Has it ever occured to him that he might be the issue I wonder...

I'm still wondering how I can't see this post on Central. It's just not there for me regardless of how many times I have refreshed, etc. I don't get why.

Let’s just move on

Do you mean move on from BOT? If so, fine. But how? He's basically in the exact same situation as when he finished BOT. A completed album and no record deal. Evidently, self-releasing is still not on the table. So how does he move forward? Does anyone think he'll have an easier time releasing MWTWD than BOT? Maybe, but I doubt it.

His live shows are great - no question. But as far as releasing new music... it seems we're stuck in the same quandary.

Last edited:
Too hot and expensive in Spain/Italy. Italy’s prices are astronomical. More artists should play amphitheatres because it’s aesthetically pleasing for the crowd, but not exactly for the singer.

as a next step in self-sabotage, soon it will turn out, that there aren't many places in whole world where Morrissey can play.. so no records, and no concerts. Well done Steven!

as a next step in self-sabotage, soon it will turn out, that there aren't many places in whole world where Morrissey can play.. so no records, and no concerts. Well done Steven!
Bollocks.

Do you mean move on from BOT? If so, fine. But how? He's basically in the exact same situation as when he finished BOT. A completed album and no record deal. Evidently, self-releasing is still not on the table. So how does he move forward? Does anyone think he'll have an easier time releasing MWTWD than BOT? Maybe, but I doubt it.

His live shows are great - no question. But as far as releasing new music... it seems we're stuck in the same quandary.
Wonder how long it'd have to be before he decides self-releasing (or releasing with some independent label) is a good idea :unsure: . He's been years without a deal before but not with an already recorded album I believe.

How come Capital Records kidnapped Bonfire of Teenagers like that ??

It's a crime, that's what it is.

Bit odd that Morrissey struggles to find venues in Spain that meet his criteria but Echo & The Bunnymen can and they are 1500 to 2500 capacity venues which seem to be his preference nowadays.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom