Morrissey Central "Tours" (March 26, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Morrissey's recent tour has been a great success, with London, Strasbourg, Antwerp and Brussels as major stand-outs. Live dates have been offered in Italy and Spain, but all of these offers are large park settings when the general preference is music halls, theaters or stand-up venues - none of which can be found in either Italy or Spain. Leeds Millenium Square (July 12) and Liverpool Empire (July 18) are Morrissey's upcoming dates, preceded by Tel-Aviv and Haifa in Israel.
No possibility has arisen to release Morrissey's new music, and the 2021 album Bonfire Of Teenagers remains in the grasp of Capitol Records in Los Angeles, who have no plans to release it.

Photo by Marianne.

Marianne gets a photo credit. Twitter will never be the same again.
Oooh, most definitely. It’s her only achievement in life. It will be seen as another step towards her promotion to the admission list, which she so deserves. Note her courting of Dodwell, and her agreement in everything Dodwell churns out. But on the flip side, the admission list crew came under savage attack from her in NY in the fall.
You can’t help but feel sorry for her partner, who it appears is being drowned in a whirlpool of debt to satisfy her Moz needs to see Me attitude.

But take my hand and off we stride, Liverpool, Leeds and maybe Birmingham, I don’t care; I will be there. I will be there.

Why would Capitol records, an American label that has on their books rappers who glorify gang violence in a country awash with guns and where sadly its a case of when not if there is another mass shooting, feel queasy about releasing an album by a Manchester singer where the title song condemns the Manchester bombing?. Particularly when according to Morrissey, the record deal does not include the UK.

The non release of the album has been picked up by numerous UK newspapers/magazines/websites and they don't seem to find the song lyrics controversial.

Morrissey's whining about no one wanting to sign his new albums is getting tiring to say the least. We are now in the age of decentralised creativity and distribution. If he really wanted to get his new music out to the masses there are plenty of ways to do it.

He has the time and the money to set up any style of crowdfund campaign he wishes for. The energy he puts into slagging off record companies could be focused into making his own one.

Morrissey it is time to get your punk on!

Why would Capitol records, an American label that has on their books rappers who glorify gang violence in a country awash with guns and where sadly its a case of when not if there is another mass shooting, feel queasy about releasing an album by a Manchester singer where the title song condemns the Manchester bombing?. Particularly when according to Morrissey, the record deal does not include the UK.

The non release of the album has been picked up by numerous UK newspapers/magazines/websites and they don't seem to find the song lyrics controversial.
Of course the title track has nothing whatsoever to do with Capitol not releasing it. I can’t believe people keep suggesting this. They knew full well about the content of the title track long before they signed him and long before they released RWA.

The breakdown happened after the release of RWA, where Morrissey felt they badly promoted it and felt they didn’t support him enough during the Miley-saga.

Last edited:
But Europe has a lot of venues this size... so no further EU dates then:(:cry:
Already travelled for a concert last year. But was so hoping the next time he is in my country and I don't have to travel wouldn't be so far away because some more European dates would be added. But I don't think that will happen for a long time or maybe at all...

Of course the title track has nothing whatsoever to do with Capitol not releasing it. I can’t believe people keep suggesting this. They knew full well about the content of the title track long before they signed him and long before they released RWA.

The breakdown happened after the release of RWA, where Morrissey felt they badly promoted it and felt they didn’t support him enough during the Miley-saga.
What he think was going to happen with the single?! No video, no interviews, no promo...it's both his and Capitals fault, but I'm surprised Moz was surprised by the lack of succes?

They rush-released it, apparantly against Morrissey's wishes, who had wanted and said Veronica to be the new single. Probably the Miley-problem was looming already then.

Then they failed to promote it adequately, which he wrote about earlier this year.

Yeah definitely. A week later it’s all I can talk about and must be boring everybody around me.

That's a frequent occurrence in my household. They think I'm obsessed; they would be right. It frustrates me when people simply can't comprehend why people feel so much adoration regarding all things M. Hammersmith was transcendent. Truly, truly, truly.

Whatever the reasons are for Capitol deciding they no longer want to release the album - the terrible thing is their still holding on to it. It's a tragedy because the quality of the album is remarkable from what we have heard at live shows.

Whatever the reasons are for Capitol deciding they no longer want to release the album - the terrible thing is their still holding on to it. It's a tragedy because the quality of the album is remarkable from what we have heard at live shows.
It's unethical to hold on to the album and refuse to release it.
However, the fact that Moz hasn't re-recorded the album not has had the album leak, seems to indicate maybe he thinks Capitol might still release it?

However, the fact that Moz hasn't re-recorded the album not has had the album leak, seems to indicate maybe he thinks Capitol might still release it?
The fact that Morrissey has stopped playing songs from Bonfire altogether seems to indicate that he's stopped bothering. In fact I think he prefers it to remain unreleased rather than Capitol releasing it without his approval.
He seems more focused on Without Music now, which is a good thing.

Or maybe he knows they'll take the shirt off his back in legal action if the album was leaked and it could be traced back to him. He hasn't helped the chances of its official release with all his public criticism of Capitol.

The fact that Morrissey has stopped playing songs from Bonfire altogether seems to indicate that he's stopped bothering. In fact I think he prefers it to remain unreleased rather than Capitol releasing it without his approval.
"No possibility has arisen to release Morrissey's new music.."

Seems to have ruled out self releasing.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Capitol is waiting for Morrissey to release WMTWD and tours it, so then they (Capitol) can piggyback on its ‘promotion’.

Last edited:
Or maybe he knows they'll take the shirt off his back in legal action if the album was leaked and it could be traced back to him. He hasn't helped the chances of its official release with all his public criticism of Capitol.
Albums leaking happens. It probably would be pretty hard to trace it back to him.

I am very surprised he didn't get the rights to Bonfire back. He said the contract with capitol is terminated, and normally that would require a negotiation between the parties. And what could have Morrissey wanted in a negotiation if not the rights to the album? It's odd.

Oooh, most definitely. It’s her only achievement in life. It will be seen as another step towards her promotion to the admission list, which she so deserves. Note her courting of Dodwell, and her agreement in everything Dodwell churns out. But on the flip side, the admission list crew came under savage attack from her in NY in the fall.
You can’t help but feel sorry for her partner, who it appears is being drowned in a whirlpool of debt to satisfy her Moz needs to see Me attitude.

But take my hand and off we stride, Liverpool, Leeds and maybe Birmingham, I don’t care; I will be there. I will be there.
Does she really have a partner or a kind of sugar daddy who pays for those lifelong Mozholidays? I've heard she is in love with Morrissey. He even touched her hand and gave her a photo credit.

He has been playing Sure Enough, The Telephone Rings recently.

So is Miley on Veronica or not?

Who is going to leak the album and how pissed off would Capitol be?

Moz I love you man I’ll keep going to the tours but we need the music bro
please leak on 180gram vinyl

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom