Morrissey Central "Tours" (March 26, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Morrissey's recent tour has been a great success, with London, Strasbourg, Antwerp and Brussels as major stand-outs. Live dates have been offered in Italy and Spain, but all of these offers are large park settings when the general preference is music halls, theaters or stand-up venues - none of which can be found in either Italy or Spain. Leeds Millenium Square (July 12) and Liverpool Empire (July 18) are Morrissey's upcoming dates, preceded by Tel-Aviv and Haifa in Israel.
No possibility has arisen to release Morrissey's new music, and the 2021 album Bonfire Of Teenagers remains in the grasp of Capitol Records in Los Angeles, who have no plans to release it.

Photo by Marianne.

I guess this means there will be another US tour announced shortly? It seems like the only place he can still book regular tours.

No possibility has arisen to release Morrissey's new music, and the 2021 album Bonfire Of Teenagers remains in the grasp of Capitol Records in Los Angeles, who have no plans to release it.
At this stage, he just needs to do a Taylor Swift and re-record the album (if he hasn't already). Then at least he can release it himself.

View attachment 90003

Morrissey's recent tour has been a great success, with London, Strasbourg, Antwerp and Brussels as major stand-outs. Live dates have been offered in Italy and Spain, but all of these offers are large park settings when the general preference is music halls, theaters or stand-up venues - none of which can be found in either Italy or Spain. Leeds Millenium Square (July 12) and Liverpool Empire (July 18) are Morrissey's upcoming dates, preceded by Tel-Aviv and Haifa in Israel.

Photo by Marianne.

He looks Cool AF f*** in that picture mate .
Nice fecking pic , M is top boy .
Anyone know if anyone bootlegged the gig ?
It was a great show. I went along with a couple of mates and we got twatted . The guys decided to do tribute to Rick Mayall while staggering home- they always do that in Hammersmith .

I thought M did a great show, super proud of him, we were . As good as some of his Vegas shows last year and almost as good as that one he did at Hammersmith in 2015, the second night when he said he wouldn't tour UK again and raised the fecking roof with Queen Is Dead. That was mega.
I feel sorry for M,
it's 2023 and he sounds like he did in 2021, and most of 2022. Happy to be singing but sounding beat as feck by the record labels. It must be a double whammy when he sees all the press Depeche Mode and The Cure are getting. people are hype about the Depeche Modes new LP , live tickets in huge stadiums are flying for both bands
Then Robert Smith has proved to be a fecking hero taking on Ticket Master , like a Chad stallion.
Ive been impressed AF by Robbo Smith. Would have been great if M would have bitched out ticket master like Robbo Smith was when he had the power to- a few friends of mine got tickets in the garden section of the Hollywood Bowl for about 200 bucks. M charges like 500 to 700 bucks !!!!
The amount of good will Robert Smith now generates is massive.
I got a bit bitchy the other night on FB, I was pissed up and I saw some Yankee ass Cure and Depeche Mode fans digging out M on there - one said " moz Angeles f*** that tired shit, it's Depeche
Mode-Angeles more like and Cureifornia
They were all laughing That M hasn't got a label , can't really sell big venues , laughing at his new "weak ass, comedy songs "
I got quite angry and stuck up for M but it was just me and one other against loads of goth peeps

I also do not understand what's happing regarding the London gig later in the year , I thought he was playing with the Slow Readers ?
Please say that is still on , I was really looking forward to it .

spain and italy are backwaters with no music halls theaters or stand up venues, because morrisey said so. never mind google. morrisey has spoken. also, all those cancelled dates in usa can't be rescheduled because no music halls theaters or stand up venues exist in the us anymore either.
We banned them recently to further victimize Morrissey, interview with FiDo coming soon

i find it ridiculous that a company would have a product that they could make money from is deliberately being withheld,surely the shareholders in the company wouldnt be happy hearing this,it really makes no sense,bogus music moguls,yer damn right.
It is ridiculous. They shouldn't be able to do it.

They probably have a contract, signed by Morrissey, that says they can
I have a hard time believing that Capitol would not be willing to sell Bonfire back to Morrissey. They are business organisation, the point of which is to make money! I guess Morrissey just doesn't want to give the money back.

I have a hard time believing that Capitol would not be willing to sell Bonfire back to Morrissey. They are business organisation, the point of which is to make money! I guess Morrissey just doesn't want to give the money back.
I think it's something like that too, I bet he can get it back if he really wants to

I think Capitol still wants to release it, but only under their conditions and Morrissey doesn’t agree. I wonder how long this stalemate is going to continue. Someone has to give in.

Probably not Capitol, though. They are a huge company, with money to burn. It might even be in their financial interests to write the whole thing off as a taxloss.
Yes and Morrissey has no reason to give in either.
Hence the stalemate.

people on here were laughing at Ms bellbottoms last week,in my school i saw at least 5 teachers wearing the same flared trousers,they are definitely back in fashion and M is keeping up with the trends.
regarding writing it off as a tax loss this happens in hollywood all the time,there are films which are decent but they dont promote them so they bite the dust and are written off.
batgirl cost 80 million dollars and was all but finished and will never be seen,companies do strange things.

Last edited:
I think this is down to timings. The Manchester bombing inquest is still taking place and I think Capitol are worried about potential backlash.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom